The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New website

5 posters

Go down

Solved New website

Post by TheKoala November 16th 2011, 9:53 am

I'd still love to have my email linked to the domain, but I want to move over to a newer looking site.
I saw a post dating back to June saying how the "Transfer" system was down or something to that effect. However I paid for the domain, I should own it legally yes? Or did I step into some big thing. After doing some tracing I found that Forumotion outsources to "GoDaddy" web hosting... Should I have gone to them in the first place and then put my domain name there. Regardless I don't care how much it costs me, my main question is I want my forum
www.mclegends.net
On a different site period. I own it, I paid for it, should I not be given the right to do what I'd like with it? Please answer with my options if anyone knows them.
TheKoala

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New website

Post by SLGray November 16th 2011, 8:07 pm

Transfers are still suspended.

New website Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51481

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKoala November 17th 2011, 4:46 am

Could you please elaborate on my options, I will take action regardless the situation
TheKoala

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario November 18th 2011, 12:19 am

Hello,

Please take a look at this topic regrading domain transfers. https://help.forumotion.com/t91477-domain-names-transfers-are-suspended-temporarily
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKoala November 22nd 2011, 2:48 am

Apologies on the fact I havent replied, I was unable because of some unfortunate events. To the matter at hand~

I've already taken a look at the page and honestly thats a sad piece of work. You've been unable to transfer since June? If I where doing this in hopes to gain money, your sadly mistaken~ I could register a domain name for 7.99 at go daddy instead of the 16$ I had to spend here. The only reason I did here was simply for ease of use. I've decided I do not need a "refund" or anything of that matter I just want my domain name. I just want you to drop the hold you currently have on the domain name I purchased. I simply do not understand why I should have to deal with this hindrance, this is not what I put my money toward. I had plans on still using the forum as a subforum and having a Mainwebsite redirect to this forum. But I cannot do that for I do not have control of any of the masks or any of my information.

Please I'm asking, what steps can I take for this to be done. Like I said I need no refund or anything of that matter. I just do not want this company holding my domain name from me~ the one that bought the domain name in the first place.
TheKoala

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather November 23rd 2011, 3:37 pm

Hello,

as sayed, their is no domain name for active domaines for the moment. if you want to transfer you domain, you have to wait untill it's expiration. no exception about that.

we will open back domains transfert soon, but i have no deadline. probablyy on 2012. but for the moment, we can't do that
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DEATH_LORD_77 December 1st 2011, 7:24 am

Try consumer affairs, they are keeping an expiring product that you have paid for. Technically not giving you something that you have paid for, Godady itself isnt stopping them with a domain transfer, I did one for fightingforfun.net about a week ago from them.
DEATH_LORD_77
DEATH_LORD_77

Male Posts : 10

http://www.baconcraft.net

Back to top Go down