The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

[Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Suuki on November 21st 2011, 1:10 am

Hi, I'm getting this message all the time when browsing around my board. You guys said you would keep the other topic open until you get a reply from the higher ups. This is actually happening more frequently now, too. Any new news on this issue? Is this happening to anyone else? I haven't heard of other people complaining actually.

For me it is happening even when I'm doing things like clicking on the navigation bar.

Sorry, i wasn't sure whether I was supposed to open another topic or not, so lock this if you want to. it's a really big problem.


Last edited by Suuki on November 23rd 2011, 2:53 am; edited 3 times in total

Suuki
Forumember

Posts : 419
Reputation : 25
Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Guest on November 21st 2011, 9:18 am

Can you post a screenshot, forum url, or someting, since I don't understand the problem. Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by LGforum on November 21st 2011, 2:50 pm

The problem is the request limit being hit. Its been an ongoing issue for a lot of users for a while.

If i still have access to your board, i'll have a look to see what requests can be stripped, thus reducing the requests made per page load.

LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2260
Reputation : 258
Language : English
Location : UK

http://www.avacweb.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by sgeorge on November 21st 2011, 3:21 pm

It does happen to me but not very often... For example if I open 15 tabs loading at very short time my forum it happens... It did not use that to happen on my forum some time ago... And it is not a faulty script that I've added because that happens even if
I am on AP And here is and a screenshot:


sgeorge
Forumember

Male Posts : 556
Reputation : 15
Language : Greek - English
Location : Greece

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by CWAsh on November 21st 2011, 7:33 pm

Yes! I get this and it doesn't even have to be a lot of clicks. I simply click from one post to another and my mouse has a habit of going back a page when i use the mouse wheel.. and when i go to click the post again .. same message as the screenshot. The original post has been deleted of this problem and it was marked as "solved" when its obviously isn't solved. The msg clearly says come here and contact support. Its what we are doing?

CWAsh
New Member

Female Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Language : English
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Suuki on November 21st 2011, 7:54 pm

@LGforum wrote:The problem is the request limit being hit. Its been an ongoing issue for a lot of users for a while.

If i still have access to your board, i'll have a look to see what requests can be stripped, thus reducing the requests made per page load.

Thank you, that would be nice if you could.

@CWAsh wrote:Yes! I get this and it doesn't even have to be a lot of clicks. I simply click from one post to another and my mouse has a habit of going back a page when i use the mouse wheel.. and when i go to click the post again .. same message as the screenshot. The original post has been deleted of this problem and it was marked as "solved" when its obviously isn't solved. The msg clearly says come here and contact support. Its what we are doing?

Exactly! I am just looking through posts and I get this annoying message on the screen. Hopefully Forumotion can fix this issue for a lot of people.

Suuki
Forumember

Posts : 419
Reputation : 25
Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by sgeorge on November 22nd 2011, 10:31 pm

I don't think that they are about to answer us... Sad

sgeorge
Forumember

Male Posts : 556
Reputation : 15
Language : Greek - English
Location : Greece

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by CWAsh on November 23rd 2011, 1:29 am

I don't think its as easy as simply flicking a switch and it is fixed. I think its going to be a constant thing. IMO its a system thats been put in place for whatever reason and has no sight of going away. I don't understand all the technics or the message in the screencap [my antivirus is fine and this is support right?] but if this keeps up then there is no option but to move which is not what we want to do. I would suggest that they change the message that is shown to something that makes sense, or inform us we are about to hit the request limit.. just something instead of leaving it. By the way the author of this post.. please spell the title correctly then maybe we will get a official answer on this error message! It's Request not Reqeust. Very Happy:D

CWAsh
New Member

Female Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Language : English
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Suuki on November 23rd 2011, 2:42 am

@CWAsh wrote: By the way the author of this post.. please spell the title correctly then maybe we will get an official answer on this error message! It's Request not Reqeust. Very Happy:D

I know how to spell, its called a typo.... (You trying to make me feel bad? DX) lol jk (you forget an "n" yourself) :3

Here is the link to the old topic:
http://help.forumotion.com/t96852-reqeust-limit-exceeded
Here is why Dion said it is happening


The request limit problem is being caused by eToxic attempting to make it more difficult for people to scrape their boards and go to another service. They have drastically reduced the allowable number of HTTP GET/POST requests in a specific timeframe. I have encountered this error recently as well when I was deleting all the templates on a board. That must be done manually, one-by-one, and after I was 2/3 done, I had to stop for 30 minutes due to this error message. I understand and appreciate eToxic's concern about scraping, but if the limit for HTTP GET/POST requests can be reached manually, it's set too low!

I wonder if eToxic realized (or even cared) that this will also have an effect on SEO. If I could hit the limit manually, then spiders/bots are hitting the limit as well.

In your case, you are seeing the error because on each page of your board, you have multiple iFrames open to other parts of the board, along with several AJAX requests. If this limit is permanent, your only solution is to remove one or two of the iFrames.

The limit is set too low, and it needs to be higher to fix our problem.

Hopefully we can get some admin help so they can contact the technicians.


Last edited by Suuki on November 23rd 2011, 3:26 am; edited 2 times in total

Suuki
Forumember

Posts : 419
Reputation : 25
Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by CWAsh on November 23rd 2011, 3:06 am

Meanie Very Happy
Hopefully, but only users granted 'special access' can see that moved topic, so blah. I have no answers Sad to me the topic was deleted but apparently not.. solved though Razz

CWAsh
New Member

Female Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Language : English
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Suuki on November 23rd 2011, 3:21 am

LOL, I guess now we just wait for someone to see our topic.

And yeah, the message doesn't even make sense. It may scare people.

Suuki
Forumember

Posts : 419
Reputation : 25
Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by The Godfather on November 23rd 2011, 3:09 pm

@Suuki wrote:Hi, I'm getting this message all the time when browsing around my board. You guys said you would keep the other topic open until you get a reply from the higher ups. This is actually happening more frequently now, too. Any new news on this issue? Is this happening to anyone else? I haven't heard of other people complaining actually.

For me it is happening even when I'm doing things like clicking on the navigation bar.

Sorry, i wasn't sure whether I was supposed to open another topic or not, so lock this if you want to. it's a really big problem.

the indicated error message is caused by to many queries on our servers! i think you put so many JS in the forum so it causes that! so please disable your JS from modules >> Javascript codes management and see if you still have this problem Wink

The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2448
Reputation : 271

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by LGforum on November 23rd 2011, 4:16 pm

With the automatic compression of javascripts into one file then it shouldn't matter how many are added in our admin panels. If no Ajax requests of our own are added then the JavaScript is just one request...

LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2260
Reputation : 258
Language : English
Location : UK

http://www.avacweb.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Suuki on November 23rd 2011, 7:58 pm

@The Godfather wrote:
@Suuki wrote:Hi, I'm getting this message all the time when browsing around my board. You guys said you would keep the other topic open until you get a reply from the higher ups. This is actually happening more frequently now, too. Any new news on this issue? Is this happening to anyone else? I haven't heard of other people complaining actually.

For me it is happening even when I'm doing things like clicking on the navigation bar.

Sorry, i wasn't sure whether I was supposed to open another topic or not, so lock this if you want to. it's a really big problem.

the indicated error message is caused by to many queries on our servers! i think you put so many JS in the forum so it causes that! so please disable your JS from modules >> Javascript codes management and see if you still have this problem Wink

I just disabled Javascript, and it's still happening. So I don't think that that's it. Is there another answer on this issue, because even when my Java script is gone, the problem still occurs.
I barely have that much Javascript anyway.

This problem also happens in the admin panel, isn't there no java scripts there?

Suuki
Forumember

Posts : 419
Reputation : 25
Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by sgeorge on November 23rd 2011, 8:22 pm

Yeah that happens to me too... Nomatter if I have javascripts on my forum or not... I deleted everything !!! I went it back on it's default form (like it was just created) and it happens again...

But please don't forget that this happens even if we are in Admin Panel, which was created by forumotion and we cannot change anything (add or remove something) from there...

sgeorge
Forumember

Male Posts : 556
Reputation : 15
Language : Greek - English
Location : Greece

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by The Godfather on November 24th 2011, 9:20 am

can i have your forums please so i can analyse them and see what don't turn around?

The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2448
Reputation : 271

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Suuki on November 24th 2011, 9:49 am

My Forum URL: http://animeisland.nstars.org/
Thank you. Smile

Suuki
Forumember

Posts : 419
Reputation : 25
Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by The Godfather on November 24th 2011, 12:23 pm

@Suuki wrote:My Forum URL: http://animeisland.nstars.org/
Thank you. Smile

Hello,

we looked at your forum and the problem turns out to be exactly what I said before! Wink
You have added too many unnecessary queries on your forum pages and their combination causes your request time out problem tongue

look at this example: i'm trying to get your loging page, the faster page in the forum with no queries. look at what i have:



I get calls for the chatbox several times, for the index, for the profile and even for the founder wall...!!! What the fuck ?!?
all that you added to your forum through the changes you have made causes too many hits on our server and causing your request time out problem wish is normal.

you can just do a clean up on your code because it's not a Forumotion bug but directly related to your choices Wink

The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2448
Reputation : 271

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by LGforum on November 24th 2011, 1:03 pm

@Suuki wrote:I just disabled Javascript, and it's still happening.

@sgeorge wrote: Nomatter if I have javascripts on my forum or not... I deleted everything !!! I went it back on it's default form (like it was just created) and it happens again...

@sgeorge wrote:But please don't forget that this happens even if we are in Admin Panel.

@me wrote:With the automatic compression of javascripts into one file then it shouldn't matter how many are added in our admin panels. If no Ajax requests of our own are added then the JavaScript is just one request...

... Just saying.

LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2260
Reputation : 258
Language : English
Location : UK

http://www.avacweb.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by sgeorge on November 24th 2011, 1:24 pm

Here is my forum link: http://greekcosmos.forumotion.com

From yesterday it seems to run better and faster...

Thank you for the support... But could you please explain us why does this happen even if we are in Admin Panel..?

Thank you !

sgeorge
Forumember

Male Posts : 556
Reputation : 15
Language : Greek - English
Location : Greece

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Suuki on November 24th 2011, 8:26 pm

I've disabled my java script many times. How can I fix the problem.

Suuki
Forumember

Posts : 419
Reputation : 25
Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Sanket on November 24th 2011, 8:28 pm

After disabling the javascripts, try clearing your cache as well was relogging onto your forums. Also, make sure you resync the forum to see if it helps in any way.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Suuki on November 24th 2011, 8:29 pm

whats resyncing the forum. o.o and will I never be able to use Java scripts anymore?

Suuki
Forumember

Posts : 419
Reputation : 25
Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Sanket on November 24th 2011, 8:41 pm


Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Suuki on November 24th 2011, 9:39 pm

Thats the thing, I don't really have the much in the first place. And haven't you guys been combining them, so it shouldn't matter?

EDIT: just did that and I'm still getting the message. This hasn't been happening before and when it did start happening it was happening to others also. I really don't think it was anything I did and my Java's shouldn't be why it is happening, as this happens in the administration panel also.

Suuki
Forumember

Posts : 419
Reputation : 25
Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Guest on November 24th 2011, 10:09 pm

Your problem isn't being caused by the number of scripts. It's being caused by what those scripts are doing.

Since it unfortunately (the limit CAN be hit manually in the ACP!) appears the HTTP request limit reduction is permanent, those writing scripts will need to severely limit their use of AJAX.

You will need to remove one or more of your scripts that are making AJAX get/post requests if you want this error to go away. The author of your scripts should know which scripts are most likely to be causing your problem.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Suuki on November 24th 2011, 10:13 pm

@dion wrote:Your problem isn't being caused by the number of scripts. It's being caused by what those scripts are doing.

Since it unfortunately (the limit CAN be hit manually in the ACP!) appears the HTTP request limit reduction is permanent, those writing scripts will need to severely limit their use of AJAX.

You will need to remove one or more of your scripts that are making AJAX get/post requests if you want this error to go away. The author of your scripts should know which scripts are most likely to be causing your problem.

Does it have to be permanent, people probably wouldn't have to deal with these things if it wasn't. It is something The Godfather can change, right?

Suuki
Forumember

Posts : 419
Reputation : 25
Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by sgeorge on November 24th 2011, 10:27 pm

Yeah, this is really bad... That did not happen 1 or 2 moths ago... Sad I believe that it just makes us suffer lol!

Yeah can't this request limit can be changed so it cannot be reached manually ?

sgeorge
Forumember

Male Posts : 556
Reputation : 15
Language : Greek - English
Location : Greece

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Guest on November 24th 2011, 11:23 pm

@sgeorge wrote:That did not happen 1 or 2 moths ago...
In the past one or two months, I bet that both Suuki and you have added the same scripts to your board. And both of you have this problem. Hmm.

I can only say that my board may very well contain more script code than any other board on forumotion, and it doesn't exhibit this problem. The only time I have ever experienced this error was on a board with templates, and I was deleting all the templates manually.



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] (2400): Request limit exceeded message

Post by Suuki on November 24th 2011, 11:51 pm

So it's probably a script from Forumotion support causing the problem?

They should really raise the limit.

Suuki
Forumember

Posts : 419
Reputation : 25
Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum