The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Operamini registration problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Operamini registration problem

Post by jhomes on December 5th 2011, 9:25 am

Hello friends..my friend has reported that using operamini browser in mobile he can't register at my forum..error like "fill the blank"..even entered username,password and email address....how to fix this problem..help me plz..

jhomes

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Operamini registration problem

Post by Guest on December 5th 2011, 2:51 pm

Has he another browser? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by jhomes on December 5th 2011, 3:22 pm

No, he only use operamini....thats the problem..and there are many opera mini users in india..fix the problem please..don't say like use another browsers!...i'm not only want to fix his problem but many users who are using operamini..hope u will help..my site is..

http://aspergersworld.forumotions.in

jhomes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on December 5th 2011, 4:11 pm

Hmm, since I don't find a better solution than you create a account for him and give him username and password. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by FL.ux on December 5th 2011, 4:15 pm

@jhomes wrote:No, he only use operamini....thats the problem..and there are many opera mini users in india..fix the problem please..don't say like use another browsers!...i'm not only want to fix his problem but many users who are using operamini..hope u will help..my site is..

http://aspergersworld.forumotions.in

don't use bold letters... it's for forum staff only... Razz Razz

FL.ux
Forumember

Male Posts : 842
Language : I hope I could be a FM staff :'(

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on December 5th 2011, 5:16 pm

Hi,

ForuMotion forums are not fully optimised for mobile handsets as yet, however the mobile mode is in beta, and there has been progress made for it towards full mode however that is all I know.
As far as the issue; I seem to be able to go through to the 2nd registration page with no issues on my HTC incredible S's default browser with no issue, so I can only assume it's an issue isolated with OperaMini.
I will download and further test in just a second.

Could I ask, how old are the handsets, and is version of OperaMini the latest version?

If the handset is over 12 months old, or the version of OperaMini is out of date,there may be some compatibility issues between the browser & the handsets.

Pidot, please allow Moderators to do their job Wink

Edit:

I concur, I too have this issue with a brand new mobile handset, and the most recent OperaMini.
mwii
However, I do not have the same problem at any other site using the OperaMini?
Have you added any Javascript or css codes that are attempting to edit, or modify the registration page?

If not, I'm one to say that this is up for the techies?

Last edited by Darren1 on December 5th 2011, 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on December 5th 2011, 5:27 pm

@jhomes:
Bold and coloured text is reserved for staff only when they moderate, such as this message, please keep to the default font. This is your second reminder about this.

@pidot101:
Please do not moderate other users as this is reserved for staff only.

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jhomes on December 5th 2011, 6:32 pm

First of all, very very sorry..its my fault to make thread just without reading rules..and thanks for your reply..

@Darren1
i just tried to check register on my site(my own site!!) with my own nokia 5130 with operamini 4.2 and i faced same problem as my friend..i haven't checked with higher version..hope in future forumotion optimise for mobile browser also

jhomes

Back to top Go down

Post by robot_boy18 on December 5th 2011, 8:14 pm

@jhomes wrote:First of all, very very sorry..its my fault to make thread just without reading rules..and thanks for your reply..

@Darren1
i just tried to check register on my site(my own site!!) with my own nokia 5130 with operamini 4.2 and i faced same problem as my friend..i haven't checked with higher version..hope in future forumotion optimise for mobile browser also
Hello, WAP browser which is on the Symbian OS is outdated. You should use the browser which is on Android OS or iOS :wouhou:

robot_boy18
Forumember

Male Posts : 107

http://en.fmvi.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by robot_boy18 on December 5th 2011, 8:18 pm

@jhomes wrote:First of all, very very sorry..its my fault to make thread just without reading rules..and thanks for your reply..

@Darren1
Hello, WAP browser which is on Nokia 5130 is outdated. Nokia upgrades their Symbian OS every year, so you should buy their new phone (N900, N8...) or try their new Meego OS (N9).

robot_boy18
Forumember

Male Posts : 107

http://en.fmvi.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on December 5th 2011, 8:21 pm

yeah the only thing i can say is use a different browser,
I have an ipod with safari and really have no problems, and make sure the IOS is up do date as well.

Other then that you may have to tell him to just come on the forum when he is on his pc??

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by jhomes on December 5th 2011, 9:02 pm

This is india..here most of people using java based mobile phones..not everybody has pc,smartphones,iphone,tablet etc..
And java based phone support only operamini,uc browser and bolt....

Ok..if u can't solve then i don't mind..but i just wanna inform about it..

jhomes

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on December 5th 2011, 10:09 pm

@robot_boy18 wrote:

@Darren1
Hello, WAP browser which is on Nokia 5130 is outdated. Nokia upgrades their Symbian OS every year, so you should buy their new phone (N900, N8...) or try their new Meego OS (N9).

How can you come to that conclusion, after what I just said?
I experienced the exact same issue on a brand new HTC Android OS - clearly nothing to do with the age of the OS, as I recently has an OS Update, but not Ice Cream Sandwich yet TT

@jhomes wrote:This is india..here most of people using java based mobile phones..not everybody has pc,smartphones,iphone,tablet etc..
And java based phone support only operamini,uc browser and bolt....

Ok..if u can't solve then i don't mind..but i just wanna inform about it..

Please don't be hasty, as the incident is on several devices, new and older and 2 different brands, we may be able to get a technician to look into the issue.
I believe we would be able to in this case, just need a member of staff to forward the issue to The Godfather and get him to look into the issue.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum