The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

servimg - can't log-in and/or use Host Image

3 posters

Go down

Solved servimg - can't log-in and/or use Host Image

Post by derswogle December 9th 2011, 4:06 am

I have a new forum that I recently created, and I am the Admin.

Members can use the Host Image feature on posts via ServImg, but it doesn't work for me. All i see is (a portion) of the ServImg.com webpage when I press the 'host image' button on a new post.

I am using the exact same email address and password as when I created the forum.
Asking for a new password at ServImg.com tells me that the email address is not valid...

Do I have to create a separate member registration for myself in order to use this feature?!?!

Or is there something I am missing...?

Several searches on this help forum did not produce any conclusive answers to this problem.

Thank you for any suggestions.
derswogle

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: servimg - can't log-in and/or use Host Image

Post by Empire_1 December 9th 2011, 5:05 am

derswogle wrote:I have a new forum that I recently created, and I am the Admin.

Members can use the Host Image feature on posts via ServImg, but it doesn't work for me. All i see is (a portion) of the ServImg.com webpage when I press the 'host image' button on a new post.

I am using the exact same email address and password as when I created the forum.
Asking for a new password at ServImg.com tells me that the email address is not valid...

Do I have to create a separate member registration for myself in order to use this feature?!?!

Or is there something I am missing...?

Several searches on this help forum did not produce any conclusive answers to this problem.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Hi,

You need to use the email. and password you used at forum creation for your Servimg account.
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by derswogle December 9th 2011, 5:16 am

Thanks Empire_1,

...but as stated in the original post... I am using the exact same email and password... that's what is so baffling!

I created the forum only a few days ago... I still have the confirmation email in my inbox... of the exact same email account/address I'm trying to access!

And, to further clarify, the same password. Neither has ever been changed since forum creation.
derswogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 December 9th 2011, 5:29 am

derswogle wrote:Thanks Empire_1,

...but as stated in the original post... I am using the exact same email and password... that's what is so baffling!

I created the forum only a few days ago... I still have the confirmation email in my inbox... of the exact same email account/address I'm trying to access!

And, to further clarify, the same password. Neither has ever been changed since forum creation.

Peculiar...

Is it working in the text editor?

And also, go to Admin Panel >> Display >> Pics management >> Upload a pic
does it work?

Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by derswogle December 9th 2011, 5:53 am

Empire_1 wrote:
Peculiar...

Is it working in the text editor?

And also, go to Admin Panel >> Display >> Pics management >> Upload a pic
does it work?

text editor... if you mean like when writing a post... then no, just tried again. Refer to original post description of this.

I just tried in the pics management areas as you described and ironically... it seemed to work fine. (This is an area I had not yet delved into...)

but... even weirder....

NOW... I went back to attempt another test post and.... it works!?!?!? Shocked

I'm not sure if the admin thing triggered something... or if it just decided to work all of sudden for the first time in two days or what! bizarre.

Further testing reveals that I still can't directly access the servimg.com website using that same email and password though...

But.... in the password recovery option it did recognize my email address this time and has just sent me a new password.

So... apparently self-healing situation... at least for now. Thanks very much for your help though. g'nite.
derswogle

Back to top Go down

Post by derswogle December 9th 2011, 6:16 am

So.... all seems well at this point. Thanks again Empire_1 Hello

Marking topic as 'Solved'.
derswogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 9th 2011, 8:43 am