The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

can I stop moderators appearing in bold text when online

View previous topic View next topic Go down

can I stop moderators appearing in bold text when online

Post by Flappypaddles on December 11th 2011, 5:53 pm

I am trying to keep my moderators secret but it is a bit of a givea way when they appear in bold type in the who's online section. Is there anyway to make them appear as normal users so people cannot tell who the moderators are,.

I have found it can cause problems on other forums when people know who the mods are.

Flappypaddles
Forumember

Posts : 197
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: can I stop moderators appearing in bold text when online

Post by Guest on December 11th 2011, 6:13 pm

Hi!

Go to Administration Panel => Users & Groups => Groups => Group Administration => Edit => Color Group Members : Uncheck it! Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: can I stop moderators appearing in bold text when online

Post by Mike on December 11th 2011, 8:03 pm

Yes you can (or you should be able to) even when the moderators are colored.

Try this:

Code:
.bodyline  .user-ident .username a[href="GROUPURL"], a.gensmall[href="GROUPURL"], #onlinelist [href="GROUPURL"], .statused a[href="GROUPURL"], #stats [href="GROUPURL"], #chatbox_members a[href="GROUPURL"], #chatbox a[href="GROUPURL"],  #onlinechat a[href="/u1"], #profile-advanced-right div.h3 strong, .module a[href="GROUPURL"] {
        font-weight: none !important;
    }

Im not too confident it'll work...

Change the GROUPURL to the url of your group that you wanna change (replace them all)... for example my admin link is: /g1-administrators

Good luck Smile

Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4242
Reputation : 466
Language : English, HTML, CSS
Location : Bozeman, Montana

Back to top Go down

Re: can I stop moderators appearing in bold text when online

Post by Flappypaddles on December 11th 2011, 8:41 pm

Gassy wrote:Hi!

Go to Administration Panel => Users & Groups => Groups => Group Administration => Edit => Color Group Members : Uncheck it! Wink

it's already unchecked but the moderators still come up with the mod colour and bold next to registered users: while normal members appear not bold.

Flappypaddles
Forumember

Posts : 197
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: can I stop moderators appearing in bold text when online

Post by Sanket on December 11th 2011, 8:45 pm

Make the group Hidden, maybe that will work.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: can I stop moderators appearing in bold text when online

Post by Flappypaddles on December 11th 2011, 9:03 pm

Drogba921 wrote:Yes you can (or you should be able to) even when the moderators are colored.

Try this:

Code:
.bodyline  .user-ident .username a[href="GROUPURL"], a.gensmall[href="GROUPURL"], #onlinelist [href="GROUPURL"], .statused a[href="GROUPURL"], #stats [href="GROUPURL"], #chatbox_members a[href="GROUPURL"], #chatbox a[href="GROUPURL"],  #onlinechat a[href="/u1"], #profile-advanced-right div.h3 strong, .module a[href="GROUPURL"] {
        font-weight: none !important;
    }

Im not too confident it'll work...

Change the GROUPURL to the url of your group that you wanna change (replace them all)... for example my admin link is: /g1-administrators

Good luck Smile

does that go in the CCS stylesheet
if so it did not work.


Flappypaddles
Forumember

Posts : 197
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: can I stop moderators appearing in bold text when online

Post by Flappypaddles on December 11th 2011, 9:05 pm

@Sanket wrote:Make the group Hidden, maybe that will work.

the group is already hidden. The only thing that gives moderators away is the fact they appear in the registered users online as being in bold typeface.

Flappypaddles
Forumember

Posts : 197
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: can I stop moderators appearing in bold text when online

Post by SLGray on December 11th 2011, 9:06 pm

Did you change the GROUPURL to the url of the moderator group on your forum?


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35613
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: can I stop moderators appearing in bold text when online

Post by Flappypaddles on December 11th 2011, 9:15 pm

slg wrote:Did you change the GROUPURL to the url of the moderator group on your forum?

I changed them all to "/g2-moderators" I presume it requires the " marks

Flappypaddles
Forumember

Posts : 197
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: can I stop moderators appearing in bold text when online

Post by SLGray on December 11th 2011, 9:21 pm

@Flappypaddles wrote:
slg wrote:Did you change the GROUPURL to the url of the moderator group on your forum?

I changed them all to "/g2-moderators" I presume it requires the " marks

That is correct.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35613
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: can I stop moderators appearing in bold text when online

Post by Flappypaddles on December 11th 2011, 9:55 pm

then it did not work

Flappypaddles
Forumember

Posts : 197
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum