The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

What does buying a domain name do for site?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Anonymous Boy on December 12th 2011, 1:44 am

What does buying a domain name do for your site other then get rid of .forumotion?

Anonymous Boy
Forumember

Posts : 248
Reputation : -1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Empire_1 on December 12th 2011, 2:00 am

@Anonymous Boy wrote:What does buying a domain name do for your site other then get rid of .forumotion?
Hello,

It also gives you email mailboxes
(Ex: name@yourwebsite.com)

Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Reputation : 124
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++
Location : Summoner's Rift

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Suuki on December 12th 2011, 3:43 am

@Empire_1 wrote:
@Anonymous Boy wrote:What does buying a domain name do for your site other then get rid of .forumotion?
Hello,

It also gives you email mailboxes
(Ex: name@yourwebsite.com)

How do you get a mailbox?

Suuki
Forumember

Posts : 419
Reputation : 25
Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Empire_1 on December 12th 2011, 4:16 am

@Suuki wrote:
@Empire_1 wrote:
@Anonymous Boy wrote:What does buying a domain name do for your site other then get rid of .forumotion?
Hello,

It also gives you email mailboxes
(Ex: name@yourwebsite.com)

How do you get a mailbox?

Purchase a domain name and you will see a section on your Admin Panel where you can designate mailboxes.

Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Reputation : 124
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++
Location : Summoner's Rift

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Adam360 on December 14th 2011, 11:15 pm

it also gives SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as straight forward domain names usually get put before the domain names with .something.com

So it will help your forum grow trumendously

Adam360
Forumember

Male Posts : 866
Reputation : 11
Language : English
Location : England

http://GameBase.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Empire_1 on December 15th 2011, 12:46 am

Purchasing a domain name is definitely a win. It is one of the smartest and best things you can buy for your board Wink

Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Reputation : 124
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++
Location : Summoner's Rift

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Dizzee on December 15th 2011, 2:25 pm

how much does it cost for a domain?>

Dizzee
New Member

Male Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Language : english

http://gamingmodz.motionsforum.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Adam360 on December 15th 2011, 2:28 pm

1600 CREDITS

You can buy 2000 CREDITS for just under 15

Adam360
Forumember

Male Posts : 866
Reputation : 11
Language : English
Location : England

http://GameBase.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Sanket on December 15th 2011, 2:33 pm


Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Master Marc on December 15th 2011, 3:00 pm

@adam360 wrote:it also gives SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as straight forward domain names usually get put before the domain names with .something.com
100% BS.

Click this link and tell me what you see as the first result: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+does+buying+a+domain+name+do+for+site%3F






Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Reputation : 46
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Adam360 on December 15th 2011, 3:06 pm

@Master Marc wrote:
@adam360 wrote:it also gives SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as straight forward domain names usually get put before the domain names with .something.com
100% BS.

Click this link and tell me what you see as the first result: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+does+buying+a+domain+name+do+for+site%3F






I'm sorry but... are you actually joking?

1. no need to call it BS, could have just spoke to me like a human being.
2. the only reason this thread comes up first is because it contains the exact same statement placed into the search engine.

try typing in wikipedia... what comes up first?
try typing in bing ... what comes up first?
try typing in youtube... what comes up first?

I think my point is proven, may want to do a bit of research on SEO before you even attempt to comment back

Adam360
Forumember

Male Posts : 866
Reputation : 11
Language : English
Location : England

http://GameBase.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Master Marc on December 15th 2011, 3:32 pm

@adam360 wrote:I'm sorry but... are you actually joking?
No, I was not joking.

@adam360 wrote:1. no need to call it BS, could have just spoke to me like a human being.
Okay, I apologise for commenting in such a manner, but it's to get the attention as you're giving false info, then it'll spread like wild-fire.
I'm sure you learned what you're talking about from a forum flooded with those silly "seo spammers" with "buy my seo service" signature links.

@adam360 wrote:2. the only reason this thread comes up first is because it contains the exact same statement placed into the search engine.

try typing in wikipedia... what comes up first?
try typing in bing ... what comes up first?
try typing in youtube... what comes up first?
The reason why they're appearing first is because those are the websites people are searching for.
Now it's your turn so try searching Google.com for - "forumotion support forum" and tell me what comes up. A sub-domain.

@adam360 wrote:I think my point is proven, may want to do a bit of research on SEO before you even attempt to comment back
No! If your point is sub-domains gets a higher SERP than domains.

Edited: Oh! And don't tell me to do SEO research. I make a lot of money online from my websites and most of the traffic are from search engines, Wink




Last edited by Master Marc on December 15th 2011, 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo fix - addition)

Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Reputation : 46
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Adam360 on December 15th 2011, 3:38 pm

@adam360 wrote:it also gives SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as straight forward domain names usually get put before the domain names with .something.com

So it will help your forum grow trumendously

You're giving it an exact thing to look for by putting support forum, so it's obviously going to go to this forum as it has the right meta tags.

but if you put in "forumotion"

It will come up with forumotion.com

nowhere did I say it always puts .com's before .something.com's I said USUALLY

anyway, I'm not even replying anymore because we'll both end up getting warnings.

reply if you feel the need but I won't be

Adam360
Forumember

Male Posts : 866
Reputation : 11
Language : English
Location : England

http://GameBase.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Master Marc on December 15th 2011, 4:05 pm

@adam360 wrote:You're giving it an exact thing to look for by putting support forum, so it's obviously going to go to this forum as it has the right meta tags.

but if you put in "forumotion"

It will come up with forumotion.com

nowhere did I say it always puts .com's before .something.com's I said USUALLY
I explained everything to you Via private message. It's up to you to ignore the truth.
@Anonymous Boy - If you want an explanation, send me a PM, Very good

@adam360 wrote:anyway, I'm not even replying anymore because we'll both end up getting warnings.

reply if you feel the need but I won't be
The conversation is not off-topic, if you read the title of this thread, Wink And we were having a regular debate.

Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Reputation : 46
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Sanket on December 15th 2011, 7:31 pm

Master Marc, please if you want to provide a opinion on something please do so in a respectful way. It would be appreciated Smile

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Anonymous Boy on December 21st 2011, 7:02 am

So will having a domain name get you more members?

Anonymous Boy
Forumember

Posts : 248
Reputation : -1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Sanket on December 21st 2011, 2:25 pm

@Anonymous Boy wrote:So will having a domain name get you more members?

Thats a relative term, no one can give you a sure answer on that.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

A music video or song video

Post by muzvid on December 21st 2011, 6:15 pm

A music video or song video is a short film integrating a song and imagery, produced for promotional or artistic purposes.[1] Modern music videos are primarily made and used as a marketing device intended to promote the sale of music recordings. Although the origins of music videos date back much further,

muzvid
New Member

Posts : 1
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Anonymous Boy on December 21st 2011, 9:30 pm

@Sanket wrote:
@Anonymous Boy wrote:So will having a domain name get you more members?

Thats a relative term, no one can give you a sure answer on that.
Oh, well it's a high chance right?

Anonymous Boy
Forumember

Posts : 248
Reputation : -1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: What does buying a domain name do for site?

Post by Raze on December 21st 2011, 9:37 pm

@Anonymous Boy wrote:
@Sanket wrote:
@Anonymous Boy wrote:So will having a domain name get you more members?

Thats a relative term, no one can give you a sure answer on that.
Oh, well it's a high chance right?
Buying a domain doesn't get your website more members. You have to advertise it in some way to get people to come and join it.

Raze
Forumember

Male Posts : 406
Reputation : 12
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum