The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Signature won't show up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Signature won't show up

Post by Phantom, the Skarmory on December 15th 2011, 10:15 pm

I tried everything I've seen recommended on here, I went into Admin Panel and changed Allow Signatures to All Members, I went into Preferences on my Profile and changed Always attach my signature to Yes, and I even read the note about some forum versions not allowing signatures so I changed my forum version from phpBB2 to Invision, but it still didn't work. It works for another Admin on there though, but not for me (Or any other members I think). My site URL is...

http://www.tofforums.forumotion.com

Any ideas as to how to fix this without editing EVERY SINGLE POST? Also, what forum versions DO allow signatures, or does it depend on the skin? Because I know some phpBB2 sites that have their signatures working for everyone.

Thanks in advance Very Happy

Phantom, the Skarmory
Forumember

Male Posts : 26
Language : English, some German

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Signature won't show up

Post by Mike on December 16th 2011, 12:41 am

change it to groups and just add all groups. See if it works...

Also -> Old posts wont show up with signatures, only after they've been enabled.

Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4242
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by m3gsm on December 16th 2011, 2:15 am

to phpBB3 could not? also want to create a signature for my forum, maybe some can help me make it,....

Laughing Laughing Laughing

m3gsm
Forumember

Male Posts : 302
Language : indonesian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on December 16th 2011, 6:08 am

Your Signature

Signature settings are to be changed in your profile settings as well (in the top navigation bar) - just switch to the "Signature" tab there. The signature space is limited to 500 characters, this cannot be increased. You can use bbCode and HTML as well in your sig, if it has been allowed by the administrators in the admin panel (General >> Forum >> Messages & Email >> Allow HTML / BBCode).

My Signature is not displayed, what should I do?

In general, there are two settings that could be the reason for your sig not to be displayed. The first one is in your admin panel, where you can allow or deny the use of signatures on a global level. Go to "Users & Groups / Users / User Options" and set "Allow Signatures" to YES.

The second option can be found in your personal profile settings. Go to "Profile >> Preferences" and enable the option "Always attach my signature". Your signature should now be attached to all posts you make, if you actually have content in it.

Note: On some forum versions, it's possible that you still won't see your signatures on posts you have already made, although you have activated all necessary options. There is no other way to change this than to edit those posts and mark the box "attach my signature to this post" and save.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by m3gsm on December 16th 2011, 2:56 pm

@Sanket wrote:
Your Signature

Signature settings are to be changed in your profile settings as well (in the top navigation bar) - just switch to the "Signature" tab there. The signature space is limited to 500 characters, this cannot be increased. You can use bbCode and HTML as well in your sig, if it has been allowed by the administrators in the admin panel (General >> Forum >> Messages & Email >> Allow HTML / BBCode).

My Signature is not displayed, what should I do?

In general, there are two settings that could be the reason for your sig not to be displayed. The first one is in your admin panel, where you can allow or deny the use of signatures on a global level. Go to "Users & Groups / Users / User Options" and set "Allow Signatures" to YES.

The second option can be found in your personal profile settings. Go to "Profile >> Preferences" and enable the option "Always attach my signature". Your signature should now be attached to all posts you make, if you actually have content in it.

Note: On some forum versions, it's possible that you still won't see your signatures on posts you have already made, although you have activated all necessary options. There is no other way to change this than to edit those posts and mark the box "attach my signature to this post" and save.

if for signature under the words we post how ya boss,....
thanks in advance, ...

Hello Hello Hello Hello

m3gsm
Forumember

Male Posts : 302
Language : indonesian

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom, the Skarmory on December 16th 2011, 11:11 pm

Okay, I viewed a post I made after the changes I said I did and my sig DID show up, so I didn't need to change it to all groups. Thanks for the idea though. Very Happy

So if I made posts before I activated the signatures, they won't show up on those posts unless I manually modify them right?

Phantom, the Skarmory
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Musubi on December 16th 2011, 11:18 pm

@Phantom, the Skarmory wrote:Okay, I viewed a post I made after the changes I said I did and my sig DID show up, so I didn't need to change it to all groups. Thanks for the idea though. Very Happy

So if I made posts before I activated the signatures, they won't show up on those posts unless I manually modify them right?

Pretty much ))

Musubi
Forumember

Male Posts : 75
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom, the Skarmory on December 17th 2011, 8:15 pm

Phantom321 wrote:
@Phantom, the Skarmory wrote:Okay, I viewed a post I made after the changes I said I did and my sig DID show up, so I didn't need to change it to all groups. Thanks for the idea though. Very Happy

Pretty much ))

Haha, okay then, thanks for confirming that for me. I got my signature to show up on all my posts after I made the changes I said I did, and now I know for sure that to get my sig on all my posts before that that I'd have to manually modify them since that is the only way.

My problem's pretty much solved. Thanks everyone. Very Happy

Phantom, the Skarmory
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on December 17th 2011, 9:18 pm

Topic Solved & Locked

Sanket
ForumGuru