The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Can't change the e-mail on the members..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Menos on December 20th 2011, 9:23 am

A new member wanted to change his e-mail but couldn't, the forum always told him that his e-mail wasn't valid... so I tried.. and it said the same to me.. Rolling Eyes
I checked in the "Users options" if everything was correct... and it was!!
There is an option that allows members to change their e-mails and it was checked to "Yes".
What to do? pale

Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 373
Reputation : 4
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Sanket on December 20th 2011, 9:46 am

What email is the user trying to enter? Tell me the part after @

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Menos on December 20th 2011, 10:17 am

hotmail.gr ("gr" is for Greece).

Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 373
Reputation : 4
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Sanket on December 20th 2011, 7:09 pm

Can you try anything with hotmail.com ?

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Menos on December 20th 2011, 8:54 pm

Even if I tried, it wouldn't make any difference because it wouldn't be his e-mail.. :/

Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 373
Reputation : 4
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Musubi on December 20th 2011, 8:58 pm

@Menos wrote:Even if I tried, it wouldn't make any difference because it wouldn't be his e-mail.. :/

He wants to see if it works, for test purposes Razz

Musubi
Forumember

Male Posts : 75
Reputation : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Menos on December 20th 2011, 9:11 pm

@Musubi wrote:
@Menos wrote:Even if I tried, it wouldn't make any difference because it wouldn't be his e-mail.. :/

He wants to see if it works, for test purposes Razz
Yes Musubi, you are right and thank you! Very Happy

So... I tried putting .com instead of .gr and it worked!!!!!
Does this mean that it can only take e-mails ending on .com??? Rolling Eyes

Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 373
Reputation : 4
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Musubi on December 20th 2011, 9:37 pm

@Menos wrote:
@Musubi wrote:
@Menos wrote:Even if I tried, it wouldn't make any difference because it wouldn't be his e-mail.. :/

He wants to see if it works, for test purposes Razz
Yes Musubi, you are right and thank you! Very Happy

So... I tried putting .com instead of .gr and it worked!!!!!
Does this mean that it can only take e-mails ending on .com??? Rolling Eyes

More than likely, I'm not 100% certain because all of the members on mine only have .gmail or .com. You could always suggest a Google email (gmail) :/ Unless someone can provide some better help.

Musubi
Forumember

Male Posts : 75
Reputation : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Menos on December 20th 2011, 9:50 pm

I guess that we will have to wait for Sanket's opinion and decision on this issue..
Thanks again Musubi!! Very Happy

Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 373
Reputation : 4
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Darren1 on December 20th 2011, 9:52 pm

Hi,

No, the script that checks emails will accept any extension, for example, my email here is @hotmail.com.au
For test purposes, what happens when you put hotmail.com.gr ? or name.gr.hotmail.com ?

I know we had an issue with this year, but as the user didn't respond to the topic, we couldn't finish testing the issue :/

EDIT: Sanket will most likely pass this up to the devs/techies Wink

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Menos on December 20th 2011, 10:04 pm

@Darren1 wrote:
For test purposes, what happens when you put hotmail.com.gr ? or name.gr.hotmail.com ?
Tried them both, and both of them worked!! Shocked
@Darren1 wrote:I know we had an issue with this year, but as the user didn't respond to the topic, we couldn't finish testing the issue :/

EDIT: Sanket will most likely pass this up to the devs/techies Wink
Good to know!!

Any suggestions at this time, or do you want to continue testing?

Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 373
Reputation : 4
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Darren1 on December 20th 2011, 10:13 pm

@Menos wrote:
Any suggestions at this time, or do you want to continue testing?

Honestly,

I have no clue, I have only came across this issue once, which well, weve already passed the were we got to before.
Just an idea, highly unlikely, but just to make sure were doing everything, can we please have the URL of your forum, and lets re-sync your forum.
You won't lose any data, it just makes sure the link between your forum & the server working correctly

Admin panel >> General > General/configuration > Misc options* > re-sync - tick and save. Retry.

So, the 2 alternative emails worked, which is actually quite a shock I was expecting them to be rejected as well Embarassed


Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Menos on December 20th 2011, 10:27 pm

@Darren1 wrote:
Just an idea, highly unlikely, but just to make sure were doing everything, can we please have the URL of your forum,
http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/
@Darren1 wrote:and lets re-sync your forum.
You won't lose any data, it just makes sure the link between your forum & the server working correctly
Admin panel >> General > General/configuration > Misc options* > re-sync - tick and save. Retry.
Re-synchronised it, tried again .gr but nothing changed :/

@Darren1 wrote:So, the 2 alternative emails worked, which is actually quite a shock I was expecting them to be rejected as well Embarassed
Same here.. Laughing


Last edited by Menos on December 20th 2011, 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 373
Reputation : 4
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Darren1 on December 20th 2011, 10:31 pm

Just as I thought, nothing happened Smile

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do, or suggest, other then be patient until the report has been send to the devs/techies, and is corrected. Sorry.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Menos on December 20th 2011, 10:36 pm

Thanks for your help Darren1
I really appreciate it!!
Now we wait.. Very Happy

Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 373
Reputation : 4
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Sanket on December 21st 2011, 5:02 am

I will ask The Godfather about this whether we accept hotmail.gr or other such extensions.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Menos on December 21st 2011, 7:34 am

Thank you Sanket
Awaiting for your answers. Very Happy

Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 373
Reputation : 4
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by kirk on December 24th 2011, 2:49 pm

well is the email valid? have you tried sending a email to the address from your regular email? if it's not a valid address then it will come up saying the message was not sent on your end?

So just a thought until godfather can confirm.


kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Menos on December 26th 2011, 7:49 pm

I have sent an e-mail and I'm waiting for an answer from the member..

Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 373
Reputation : 4
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Menos on December 28th 2011, 8:01 pm

The e-mail works... any news on this issue? Rolling Eyes

Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 373
Reputation : 4
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Sanket on December 28th 2011, 11:03 pm

NOpes, nothing yet. Sorry

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by !_NICK_! on December 29th 2011, 12:01 am

Are you sure the email isn't HISUSERNAME@hotmail.com.gr

I think it's supposed to be that way. I have a friend who's email is like that.

!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Reputation : 69
Language : English, HTML, and CSS
Location : In the middle of no return.

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Sanket on January 2nd 2012, 7:44 pm

@The Godfather wrote:
no, there are some problems with hotmail.gr , I don't know why
I will retry to see it with the programmers

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't change the e-mail on the members..

Post by Menos on January 4th 2012, 2:10 pm

@!_NICK_! wrote:Are you sure the email isn't HISUSERNAME@hotmail.com.gr

I think it's supposed to be that way. I have a friend who's email is like that.
Absolutely sure it's HISUSERNAME@hotmail.gr... I tried it and it worked perfectly...
@Sanket wrote:
@The Godfather wrote:
no, there are some problems with hotmail.gr , I don't know why
I will retry to see it with the programmers
Thank you Sanket for keeping me informed. Very Happy

Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 373
Reputation : 4
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum