The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Different Pictures banners

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Different Pictures banners

Post by RUBBER on December 25th 2011, 1:45 am

Is there a way where when memebers go on my site & click on a button on a navgition bar & when the page loads a different picture shows up instead the one from the page before????

RUBBER

Male Posts : 18
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Different Pictures banners

Post by kirk on December 25th 2011, 3:03 am

what do you mean to change the logo/banner

You would have to do a banner rotatory code,
Remove the forum logo in pic's management then place the banner code at the top of your over all header template.

If you give me the images you want it to change to i can make you one up to eight images or less,

then do you want it to change every time the page changes or it to change in random image and intervals.

If you like i can create an example for you and place on my test forum.
It will not be anything special as far as the images, just an example to show you how it will work.

then if you want backgrounds to change, all you do is add html background codes to various templates you want the background to change in,
But thats different then the banner rotators.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RUBBER on December 26th 2011, 7:10 am

That will be awsome!! Im gonna probaly help place the banner rotatory code& if I can get you 8 pic for the example, what size do they have to be?

RUBBER

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on December 26th 2011, 5:31 pm

@RUBBER wrote:That will be awsome!! Im gonna probaly help place the banner rotatory code& if I can get you 8 pic for the example, what size do they have to be?

they can be any size you want or even different sizes.
But if it is banner/logo you want to use as your forums main logos,
then you may want to have them the same size and be sure they will also fir properly.

Like you dont want something huge that may stretch the page.

And you do not have to have 8, i just meant i can do up to eight images.

then you can have them change when you click to a new page or fresh, Or you can have them change in intervals of your choice, like every 30 seconds or 20 seconds or longer.

And that can be random or the images change back to back..

Anyway i have some family i have to visit today so will be gong most of the day,
But when i get home to night i will put an example together you see how it works.

Oh i actually have images changing here on this page, but they are not banners just pic's.
As you see i think i have them changing like every 20 seconds and in a random order.

But i will create a better example with banners as logos on my test board when i get back home latter.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RUBBER on January 21st 2012, 12:47 am

Ill just like a banner that changes every time the page reloads. It for a Battlefield 3 Clan Im helping out.

RUBBER

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum