The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiding Empty Profile Fields in PubBB

Go down

Hiding Empty Profile Fields in PubBB Empty Hiding Empty Profile Fields in PubBB

Post by ElMuggs December 26th 2011, 3:55 am

Hi I'm looking for a bit of code that can hide profile fields if they haven't been filled in when in 'view profile' mode.

For example:

Hobbies: -
wouldn't display.

but

Hobbies: Music
would.

I'm working with PunBB and using the advanced profile. So far my attempts to do this with javascript haven't worked. Any takers?
ElMuggs
ElMuggs
Forumember

Language : CSS / HTML / BBcode / Javascript / Graphics and Tech Support yeech..

http://wizardswb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hiding Empty Profile Fields in PubBB Empty Re: Hiding Empty Profile Fields in PubBB

Post by Guest December 26th 2011, 8:36 am

If you'll leave the field empty, the field doesn't show. I guess you're using this as required to registration? If yes, I can't help you because you must complete the field. If you'll complete field with a "-" you'll get this in your profile. :/

Back to top Go down

Hiding Empty Profile Fields in PubBB Empty Re: Hiding Empty Profile Fields in PubBB

Post by ElMuggs December 26th 2011, 12:17 pm

That was my original thought as well, but Forumotion by default will display a - if the field is blank or was never filled in

Regardless of if it is required or optional.

For example this is a profile on our testboard that has never been filled in.
[ Link ]

Ideally I'm after a way to control when profile fields display. Which would be easy except that getting the field values is proving to be difficult.

*EDIT: okay, so.. you're right, it only displays all of them because i was logged in as a admin.. weird. Consider it solved?
ElMuggs
ElMuggs
Forumember

Language : CSS / HTML / BBcode / Javascript / Graphics and Tech Support yeech..

http://wizardswb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down