The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

SQL Hack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SQL Hack

Post by choramew on December 26th 2011, 10:37 pm

A banned member and a disgruntled ex-admin have taken control of our site, publicly admitted to having done so via hacking our SQL. We no longer have access to any control panel through any means. We have proof of what he has done and his admission. Is there anything that can be done? He is tearing our community apart.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/screenshot20111226at115.png/

Forum in Quesiton: http://bleachgotei.forumsmotion.com/

Last edited by choramew on December 26th 2011, 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

choramew

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: SQL Hack

Post by Guest on December 26th 2011, 10:38 pm

site url ?

Back to top Go down

Post by choramew on December 26th 2011, 10:39 pm

Editted into post. Would have done it faster if not for flood control.

choramew

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on December 26th 2011, 10:43 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! on December 26th 2011, 10:44 pm

What you posted is not proof. It's of what you have posted. There is no way they could hack the SQL. I suggest you fix your password better and don't tell no one what it is.

Read this: http://help.forumotion.com/t93821-

!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by choramew on December 26th 2011, 10:53 pm

Aaah I did some more research and yeah. We changed the founder account password but apparently not good enough. He was given enough info that he could guess what it was changed too. Well: looks like our site is lost.

choramew

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! on December 26th 2011, 11:02 pm

If you'll do what the link says you might get it back.

!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum on December 26th 2011, 11:05 pm

I'm sure Forumotion have good security on their databases, they have likely just guessed your password.

So when you take the necessary steps of gaining your password back, be sure to set it to somehting more secure.

LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2260

http://www.avacweb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by choramew on December 27th 2011, 12:49 am

Well to be honest I'm not the founder. He left 3 years ago and we have no way of contacting him. I'm not even the "Head Admin" (our own title) who took over for him. I'm like the head administrator's secretary. Well ex-head administrator.

choramew

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! on December 27th 2011, 12:54 am

Well, you need to get the founder here. You should never come and ask if it's not your forum.

!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on December 27th 2011, 3:09 am

@choramew wrote:Well to be honest I'm not the founder. He left 3 years ago and we have no way of contacting him. I'm not even the "Head Admin" (our own title) who took over for him. I'm like the head administrator's secretary. Well ex-head administrator.

I dont understand post like this sometimes,
It never cease to amaze me that, a founder left three years ago and the forum went on without another founder ever being appointed or the forum handed over to someone after they left. i mean without someone on the forum having accesses to a founders account there are a lot of things regular admins can never do.. and continuing that long without a founder Rolling Eyes

So here is the question? who's account did they hack/gain access to.
Was it the founders account?

If it was the founders account, and there is no way to contact him for the credential;s needed to prove he/who created the forum, then i really do not know if there will be anyway to get it back.

Now if the founders account was not hacked, Then we can send the godfather or Mario a message stating the founder has not been there or logged in in over 6 months and you or another admin can be granted to take over the founders account.

But if the founders account was hacked, then it will show the founder has logged in and there is no way for us to know if it was a true hacker or just the founder coming back screwing with things because he thinks it's funny.

I mean there is really no way to know, But this should have been done long ago by one of you other admins, or you should have asked the founder to hand the forum over to someone when he left.

So i dont know, i would like to find a way to help work this out for you guys, But without having certain credentials it's going to be very hard, and forumotion do not go by peoples word.
Not saying a person is not telling the truth, but without having any info on finding out who's forum it is, who created it etc.. there is not much they can do for anyone

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum