The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

What makes you stay with ForuMotion?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What makes you stay with ForuMotion?

Post by Codyy on January 6th 2012, 2:33 am

I'd like to know, what makes you stay with ForuMotion? What are the primary reasons that you decide to stick with this particular free-forum host?

I, myself stay (or is returning to) for the awesome features, to be a free forum host! Yeah, we have to pay for ad removal, but that's what keeps it free! I think ForuMotion has done an excellent job at making it to where seriously anyone can make a forum, in no time! It's a brilliant way, that they have formatted the administration panel and made simple to add advanced features.

So, I pose back to my question. What makes you stick to ForuMotion? I'd like to see if we can get this up in a few complete sentences, so the administration team will have new testimonials to use on their testimonials page, seeing as it's way passed outdated.

Very Happy

Codyy
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1030
Language : English

http://forumansion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: What makes you stay with ForuMotion?

Post by Mike on January 6th 2012, 11:34 pm

I've been with it and it's so easy to use. So i keep it.

Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4242
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on January 7th 2012, 2:04 am

Why I stay with forumotion:

1) Organization -- Everything is organized, from starting a forum, to picking a skin, to picking a forum type, all the way down to getting help on this forum here, everything is easy to find and access.

2) The Support Forum -- This forum helps with everything and all of the staff members here are saints for their patience with our members when we ask the same questions repeatedly and whenever we're so new that we don't know a thing about HTML, Java, or CSS. Not only that, but it's so friendly here! People show that they WANT to help, not that they are obligated to.

3) Comfort Zone -- This is my comfort zone. I've made my own little home here, lived in it for a long time, and intend to live in it for years more. Why leave something so good and wonderful when I've already learned my way around?

4) Growth -- Forumotion, as a whole, grows, and not in fast paced, confusing, sudden ways, but in slow, step-by-step, understandable ways! When an update comes in that we may or may not be interested in, we're always the first to be told, and of course, there's always an explanation to go with it so that no one is lost or left behind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Codyy on January 7th 2012, 3:12 am

@Leah7 wrote:Why I stay with forumotion:

1) Organization -- Everything is organized, from starting a forum, to picking a skin, to picking a forum type, all the way down to getting help on this forum here, everything is easy to find and access.

2) The Support Forum -- This forum helps with everything and all of the staff members here are saints for their patience with our members when we ask the same questions repeatedly and whenever we're so new that we don't know a thing about HTML, Java, or CSS. Not only that, but it's so friendly here! People show that they WANT to help, not that they are obligated to.

3) Comfort Zone -- This is my comfort zone. I've made my own little home here, lived in it for a long time, and intend to live in it for years more. Why leave something so good and wonderful when I've already learned my way around?

4) Growth -- Forumotion, as a whole, grows, and not in fast paced, confusing, sudden ways, but in slow, step-by-step, understandable ways! When an update comes in that we may or may not be interested in, we're always the first to be told, and of course, there's always an explanation to go with it so that no one is lost or left behind.
I could not agree with you any more! ForuMotion has made an excellent turn out, for it to be going at the slow and steady pace. Going too fast, makes it easy to get lost and forget how to work around the panels.

Codyy
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on January 7th 2012, 3:40 am

I used two other forum providers before using Forumotion. Forumotion is better because support is easier to receive, the organization of the administration panel is easier to understand, and easier to add and edit codes/mods.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35613

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FL.ux on January 7th 2012, 3:42 am

slg wrote:I used two other forum providers before using Forumotion. Forumotion is better because support is easier to receive, the organization of the administration panel is easier to understand, and easier to add and edit codes/mods.

i agree. . it's very user-friendly :wouhou: :wouhou:

FL.ux
Forumember

Male Posts : 842
Language : I hope I could be a FM staff :'(

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on January 7th 2012, 11:30 am

Forumotion is one of the best, if not the best, free forum providers out there. And I'm not saying that just because I work here. Razz

It's incredibly easy to use, customise and anyone with little to no experience with foruming can set up a forum in a matter of seconds. I've been with Forumotion for about 3 years now and nothing has let me down.

The community is nice too! The people here at the support forum are friendly and are nice to work with. Very Happy

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on January 7th 2012, 4:23 pm

Very nice story Base! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! on January 7th 2012, 6:43 pm

Well, it's so easy and not only that, but the features and stuff. Nothing is like Forumotion. One of the main reasons I stay with them is a Domain name. If Forumotion would update a little bit more It'd make them the best of best host.

!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Skhectic28 on January 7th 2012, 6:46 pm

I choose Forumotion as there isn't much limitation in optimizing your forum.
Other forums are really restrictive. So yhhh...

Forumotion#1

Skhectic28
Forumember

http://anime-alliance.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on January 7th 2012, 6:48 pm

I stay in forumotion to help users! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Codyy on January 11th 2012, 2:09 pm

Awesome job, guys! Smile Keep em' coming.

Codyy
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 99nour on January 11th 2012, 4:21 pm

Gassy, I think we already knew that due to your superior smarts Razz
I stay here because it's fun. Plus I need help from you guys. You guys are like Forum Dictionary. but the kind of dictionary that people actually read Very Happy

99nour
Forumember

Female Posts : 368

http://duelinguniversity.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg112233 on March 6th 2012, 1:10 am

@Base wrote:Forumotion is one of the best, if not the best, free forum providers out there. And I'm not saying that just because I work here. Razz

It's incredibly easy to use, customise and anyone with little to no experience with foruming can set up a forum in a matter of seconds. I've been with Forumotion for about 3 years now and nothing has let me down.

The community is nice too! The people here at the support forum are friendly and are nice to work with. Very Happy
I agree with you, Forumotion is the best provider for free forums. Wink

Cyborg112233
Forumember

Male Posts : 435
Language : UBB, HTML, CSS, German, English and French

Back to top Go down

Post by Tennisdude on March 6th 2012, 3:30 am

I like the ease of use, the friendly helpful staff, and well, that the forums are free! Smile

Tennisdude
Forumember

Male Posts : 66

http://Universalmln.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Omu on March 10th 2012, 6:49 pm

I stay on Forumotion because it's easy to use Smile And ~100% customizable Smile

Omu
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1019
Language : Romanian, English, French

http://supportdrops.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar1 on March 25th 2012, 12:22 am

It's a good service. Lots of good help if you've got problems.

Last edited by Neymar1 on March 25th 2012, 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Neymar1
Forumember

Male Posts : 406
Language : HTML, CSS, and a bit of JavaScript

http://www.simplyfifa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieOz on March 25th 2012, 12:25 am

I stay for all the great help you get, and very easy to use. Also very very nice people.

AussieOz
Forumember

Male Posts : 105
Language : Aussie

http://www.sportsrusforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellydonut on March 30th 2012, 11:30 pm

I like that it's easy to use, and I already have 82 members on my forum, so I wouldn't want to switch xD

Jellydonut
Forumember

Female Posts : 572

http://www.googlesclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hackills on March 31st 2012, 5:09 am

Because it gives enough control to the owners!

Hackills

Male Posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by PorkyPine V10 on March 31st 2012, 5:19 am

Best Host Ever!

PorkyPine V10
Forumember

Male Posts : 387
Language : English, Spanish, French, Japanese

http://gfx-creators.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by voterman on April 1st 2012, 3:16 am

I have been using forumotion for about 3-4 years now. I'm glad I found it! Its super easy to use, They are always rolling out new upgrades. They allow you to customize almost everything. Also adding and upgrading stuff to make the forum look like you want to is easy with the options they give you. Most stuff can be added and upgraded with a click of the button.

Plus the support staff is number 1! Most questions get answered and solved within 2-3 days.

Plus did I mention its free? thats the best part all off the above plus its free! Its very hard to beat that. Plus theres a great helping community here to help solve and create your sites design Smile

voterman

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerS on April 1st 2012, 11:16 pm

Nice staff, keeps updating, and it's free!

DiggerS

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on April 3rd 2012, 12:41 am

Its the best simple as that.. Very Happy

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica C on April 5th 2012, 2:33 am

because I admin a forum...not a very big fan personally, though

Jessica C
Forumember

Female Posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on March 31st 2013, 1:10 pm

Well as other people have said Forumotion is very easy to use even for people like me who are not very tech.
I did try a few other free forum services and I found them not very user friendly.

In fact I could not figure out how to use their admin panel.
Also I could not even create the custom profile fields I wanted like I could with Forumotion. And on another free service I tried, I had to fill in captchpa every time I logged in.It's what they have there apparently, and that's stupid.

The problem is some other free forum services that use Phpbb also use the real phpbb admin panel I have noticed.
And if you have every tried the demo of the real Phpbb as I also have. You will know that the admin panel of Phpbb is quite difficult to use.
The 3 other free forum services I tried base their admin panel and settings on the real Phpbb.
Also they use the real Phpbb layout for members profiles. Which is quite plain.

Forumotion is different because when you choose say a Phpbb forum skin like I have got it only uses the skin. But the admin panel is Forumotion's own admin panel,not the Phpbb one.
That is why Forumotions one is so easy to use. As they just use the skins like Phpbb,punbb etc but all of the settings are Forumotions own.

Also Forumotion is fully customizable I have found and you can change just about everything regarding appearance,page background color,add your own profile fields etc.
Forumotion also has the choice of the basic profile which is the basic Phpbb profile found on real Phpbb forums.
Or the advanced profile which is the Forumotion profile layout which looks much better and more customized,than the basic profile.
But the 3 other free forum services I tried which were based on the real Phpbb did not have that option.

I think Forumotion is one of the best free forum services out there. As once you set up your forum it is very easy to use the settings. It also feels like your own forum of course.
Also I have found the service on Forumotion support excellent.
Where some other free forum services don't even have a support forum or help desk.
So yes I am staying with Forumotion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca_96 on March 31st 2013, 2:25 pm

I guess for me its the ability to add markup where ever you want like in the category titles and forum announcement. Plus we can edit the external CSS to style it how ever we want. And add JS aswell Smile

Macca_96
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by levy on April 16th 2013, 11:01 pm

I stay on forumotion because :

Fully customizable : You can personalize anything , via CSS , HTML , Javascript , that it's very nice , some platforms need to add the data ( with FilleZilla ) .
I love the designs , in forumotion 10 forums populary don't have the exactly themes , so that is very nice.

The forumotion support forum : That's most important for me , here I find very users , I helped very more users , very more helped me and that's so nice .

levy
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2566
Language : Romanian, English
Location : Romania | Feel free to tag me into your topic if you have a problem

http://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by refresh101 on May 3rd 2013, 10:30 am

Me Forumotion, Why? Because It Has 24 Hours Support Service Than Any Other Forum Hosts Like IcyBoards,000WebHosts,ETC. And Also I Know That Forumotion Contains A Staff Professionals thumright And Not Scammers Unlike 000WebHosts If You Upgrade Your Account There They Will Ban Your Account They Are Like Legendary Scammers.And Also The IcyBoards (Like Them Little) But They Have SuperSlow Support Service Unlike Forumotion It Has Fast Service,NoNe Scammers,ETC.
Forumotion Also Has A Lot Advantage Its Easy To Use,Can Manage Members Easily Unlike The MyBB Its To Difficult To Manage The Members And You Need A Code In It Wew.(Just Dont Like That ).
This One No Need A Code (Just A Little) But Its Just CSS StyleSheets CSS StyleSheets Are Just A Bunch Of Easiest Codes You Ever Seen Laughing.
And Also The Advantage Of This One You Can Request A CSS Codes Here Of What You Want.

Message From,
RefResh101

FORUMOTION FOREVER. FORUMOTION ROCKS.

refresh101
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelo_Rules on May 10th 2013, 8:30 am

I stay on forum motion because i've want to chat with other people like you, to help members, and more other things. Twisted Evil

Angelo_Rules
Forumember

Male Posts : 29
Language : Roumanian

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum