The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My forum thread was locked, new thread created, w/o my permission???

4 posters

Go down

Solved My forum thread was locked, new thread created, w/o my permission???

Post by Flip Sat Jan 07 2012, 01:07

My forum is setup to have just 1 main thread that is continuous, sort of like an ongoing chat room.

In the first few weeks of my forum, we've filled up about 80 pages of the thread. I expected to have to lock it eventually and start a new one. Was planning to wait until 100 pages.

However, today I checked in on my forum to find that the initial main thread with 80 pages was locked, and a new one created.

I didn't do it, and I'm the only one with access to the admin panel, so who locked it and created a new thread???

Was it an auto-lock thing or something that automatically locks and creates a new one after 80 pages or something?

Please help...
Flip
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: My forum thread was locked, new thread created, w/o my permission???

Post by Codyy Sat Jan 07 2012, 01:15

This is an automatic catch in the system. After a thread has reached SO many replies, it automatically makes a new thread to prevent a spam-ful topic. 80 pages is safe to consider "full." Razz
Codyy
Codyy
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1032
Language : English

http://leprym.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Sat Jan 07 2012, 01:25

The limit for topics are 990 replies. When it reaches it, the topic is locked and a new one is created automatically.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sat Jan 07 2012, 01:28

CodyCFS wrote:This is an automatic catch in the system. After a thread has reached SO many replies, it automatically makes a new thread to prevent a spam-ful topic. 80 pages is safe to consider "full." Razz

ok, thanks. Thought maybe my forum was hacked or something, the whining smiley not necessary though. lol
Flip
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Codyy Sat Jan 07 2012, 01:37

Flip wrote:
CodyCFS wrote:This is an automatic catch in the system. After a thread has reached SO many replies, it automatically makes a new thread to prevent a spam-ful topic. 80 pages is safe to consider "full." Razz

ok, thanks. Thought maybe my forum was hacked or something, the whining smiley not necessary though. lol
Just to let you know, that's not a whining face. It's a little emoticon with his tung sticking out.
Code:
:P
makes Razz
Codyy
Codyy
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1032

http://leprym.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sat Jan 07 2012, 01:54

CodyCFS wrote:
Flip wrote:

Just to let you know, that's not a whining face. It's a little emoticon with his tung sticking out.
Code:
:P
makes Razz

oh sorry, thought you were saying I was whining about my thread being locked, my bad Smile
Flip
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sat Jan 07 2012, 01:56

slg wrote:The limit for topics are 990 replies. When it reaches it, the topic is locked and a new one is created automatically.

yeah that must be what it was because the old thread now has 990 replies. Curiously, the topic had actuall reached around 1100 before it was locked. Then, the old one was left with 990 and the new one started with 200.

Problem solved. Thanks everybody.
Flip
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. Sat Jan 07 2012, 03:48

Topic Solved & Locked
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Back to top Go down