The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

form emailing admins

View previous topic View next topic Go down

form emailing admins

Post by remsaa on January 11th 2012, 10:58 pm

I have created an html for for new member applicants but got stuck on submitting the form...

Instead of using this flaky method;
Code:
<form action="mailto:email1@mail.com, email2@mail.com, email3@mail.com," method="post" enctype="text/plain">

Can I tell it to somehow mail everyone in the administrators group?

remsaa

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: form emailing admins

Post by Guest on January 12th 2012, 1:55 pm

Now, see if this code is working:
Code:
<form action="mailto:email1@mail.com,email2@mail.com,email3@mail.com" method="post" enctype="text/plain">
I think should work.

Back to top Go down

Post by remsaa on January 12th 2012, 3:52 pm

I am sorry I may not have been as clear as I should have been. I have a member application form that I want the results to be mailed to the administrator group when the applicant submits it.

remsaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on January 12th 2012, 3:59 pm

@remsaa wrote:I am sorry I may not have been as clear as I should have been. I have a member application form that I want the results to be mailed to the administrator group when the applicant submits it.
Nope. You was clear I think, and I understanded the problem. But you need to use that code, but be attention because after the last mail you must not use , Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by hafiez on January 12th 2012, 4:10 pm

what topic are this?? may i know Cool

hafiez

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by remsaa on January 12th 2012, 4:19 pm

I don't want to use a "mailto:, I want to be able to use the cgi/php backend to send the form results to everyone in the administrator group on my forummotion forum.

basically I just need to know what to add to my form html that will use the forummotion cgi script to email the administrator group.

edit*

Looking for something like this;

Code:
<form action="http://mydomain.forummotion.com/cgi-bin/formmail.pl" method="post">

so that the results get sent to the administrator group

remsaa

Back to top Go down

Post by remsaa on January 12th 2012, 6:28 pm

edited previous post, shouldn't this be relatively simple?

remsaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on January 12th 2012, 7:18 pm

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by remsaa on January 13th 2012, 6:37 pm

If there isn't a way to email it using the cgi script can I get it to just post the results into a restricted forum thread (staff only)?

Would still prefer the email solution.

remsaa

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on January 14th 2012, 12:50 am

To me it dose not seem compatible? Not sure?
Gassy may have a solution for you.

Why not just use contact form that goes to all admins?

I am not completely understanding what you are trying to do either,
So lets wait for gassy to reply since he seems to understand better then my self Smile

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by remsaa on January 16th 2012, 3:18 pm

I am trying to automate an application process.

This would be used by a visitor responding to questions in a basic html application form.

I would like the Administrators to automatically get the responses to the questions via their email. Webhosts generally have a cgi script to allow this I just don't know the html code to add it to the form. It would look similar to this;

Code:
 <form method="POST" action="http://domain.forummotion.com/cgi-bin/mailadmingroup.pl">

If this is not possible could I do this instead...

Instead of sending the results via email could the results automatically generate a new post or thread in a restricted, staff form? For explample a visitor vists or "Welcome" forum and fills out the the form, the results are then submitted to a "recruitment" thread in the "Staff" forum.

remsaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on January 16th 2012, 4:54 pm

Automatically - NO!

Why no? This require to get information from database, or, just related with PHP. So, the only was explained in this topic already by me and a little by kirk.

I think kirk understanded the problem. If no, I'm not sure what you certain want. But according to you, that is the only solution. But, be sure you need to follow XHTML rules also to be sure that the emailling form is working for many of browsers. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by remsaa on January 16th 2012, 5:35 pm

That is unfortunate as not only does "mailto" have issues with browsers and formatting results but also isn't convenient for most people that use webmail.

For now I will have to use formmail.com i suppose but since that will require a subscription I may be looking at changing sites away from forummotion to something like Enjin.com.

remsaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on January 16th 2012, 6:25 pm

If you'll use this code, will work for all browsers:
Code:
<form action="mailto:email1@mail.com,email2@mail.com,email3@mail.com" method="post" enctype="text/plain">

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum