The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show something only for one group or for one user | and more groups ?

3 posters

Go down

Show something only for one group or for one user | and more groups ? Empty Show something only for one group or for one user | and more groups ?

Post by sgeorge January 13th 2012, 2:22 pm

How can I display something only for one group on my forum ? It must me another way instead of wrapping the content I want to show with a div, give it a class and add a css code in a widget that will not display the content... The widget will be viewable by everyone except the group I want to show my content.I already know this way but I've reached the maximum numbers of widgets that are displayed already in my forum..! I know that there is a code that will allow you to make that both for only one group or only one user !

Can that be done with more than one group ?

Can you help me please ? Thank's Very Happy
sgeorge
sgeorge
Forumember

Male Posts : 556
Language : Greek - English

Back to top Go down

Show something only for one group or for one user | and more groups ? Empty Re: Show something only for one group or for one user | and more groups ?

Post by kirk January 13th 2012, 3:40 pm

The best way would be to create another board/forum for the group, then set the groups permissions for only that group to see content.

Other then that i do not know any real ways to hide content designated to one group.

You would just have to set group permissions to another board they only have permissions to.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Show something only for one group or for one user | and more groups ? Empty Re: Show something only for one group or for one user | and more groups ?

Post by sgeorge January 13th 2012, 6:47 pm

I want the my content to be displayed in topics only for some groups..!

Thank you
sgeorge
sgeorge
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk January 13th 2012, 10:40 pm

Your Welcome Smile

Right. Not possible to set it up like that.
Once again you would have to created other forums only certain groups have permissions to.
There is no way to split permissions like you are asking for who can view what content in certain threads.
Either you allow the groups permissions for the board the threads are on, or you do not.

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by sgeorge January 14th 2012, 12:59 am

Actually you may not have understood what I want...

I want some content that I will add from the templates to be displayed only for certain usergroups and not for all the others..!

How can I do that ?
sgeorge
sgeorge
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario January 14th 2012, 2:51 am

Hello,

Why not create a special section for the group? Wouldn't that be the easiest way?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by sgeorge January 14th 2012, 9:23 am

A special section will only give me the ability to add the code that I want in it which will be displayed only in the index..! I want to add this content in view_topics body...

Thank you for the support !
sgeorge
sgeorge
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sgeorge January 15th 2012, 1:24 pm

Something new ?
sgeorge
sgeorge
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sgeorge January 16th 2012, 2:31 pm

Bump !
sgeorge
sgeorge
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sgeorge January 19th 2012, 1:09 pm

And Bump !
sgeorge
sgeorge
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sgeorge January 22nd 2012, 10:13 am

And Bump !
sgeorge
sgeorge
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum