The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Forum Widget Paragraphs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Forum Widget Paragraphs

Post by Nahtan-Syab on Sat 14 Jan - 18:03

I just posted an editorial in a forum widget and posted it to the front page. I notice the words are all mashed together and it's not registering my paragraph spaces. It's basically a huge wall of text. Is their a way to get the widget to save with paragraphs? Help is much appreciated.

Nahtan-Syab
Forumember

Posts : 46
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum Widget Paragraphs

Post by Nahtan-Syab on Sat 14 Jan - 18:24

In order for me to get the paragraphs to work, i'd have to post each paragraph in it's own individual widget, and that's just too tedious. Is their any way at all I can get paragraphs to work in one widget, or am I stuck posting each paragraph in a separate one?


Nahtan-Syab
Forumember

Posts : 46
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum Widget Paragraphs

Post by Nahtan-Syab on Sat 14 Jan - 21:37

Well I guess i'm on my own with this issue...

Nahtan-Syab
Forumember

Posts : 46
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum Widget Paragraphs

Post by warfreak on Sat 14 Jan - 21:48

what was your forum url???

warfreak
Forumember

Posts : 100
Reputation : 2
Language : English

http://geekpinoy.forums.fm/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum Widget Paragraphs

Post by Nahtan-Syab on Sat 14 Jan - 21:53

It isn't my forum, it's a forum I attend. I wrote an editorial for the forum, and the forum admin is having trouble getting the forum widget to recognize paragraphs. He copies the editorial into the widget, and it shows up on the homepage as a wall of text, without any paragraphs.

He asked me if I knew any way to get the widget to show up with paragraphs, so I decided to come here. The editorial isn't on the homepage, but it's pretty clear what it looks like, and what it should look like. It shows up as a wall of text, but it should contain spaces in between paragraphs.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Nahtan-Syab
Forumember

Posts : 46
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum Widget Paragraphs

Post by warfreak on Sat 14 Jan - 22:02

@Nahtan-Syab wrote:It isn't my forum, it's a forum I attend. I wrote an editorial for the forum, and the forum admin is having trouble getting the forum widget to recognize paragraphs. He copies the editorial into the widget, and it shows up on the homepage as a wall of text, without any paragraphs.

He asked me if I knew any way to get the widget to show up with paragraphs, so I decided to come here. The editorial isn't on the homepage, but it's pretty clear what it looks like, and what it should look like. It shows up as a wall of text, but it should contain spaces in between paragraphs.

All help is greatly appreciated.

can you show some screenshot or can you give the forum url??

warfreak
Forumember

Posts : 100
Reputation : 2
Language : English

http://geekpinoy.forums.fm/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum Widget Paragraphs

Post by Nahtan-Syab on Sat 14 Jan - 22:05

@warfreak wrote:
@Nahtan-Syab wrote:It isn't my forum, it's a forum I attend. I wrote an editorial for the forum, and the forum admin is having trouble getting the forum widget to recognize paragraphs. He copies the editorial into the widget, and it shows up on the homepage as a wall of text, without any paragraphs.

He asked me if I knew any way to get the widget to show up with paragraphs, so I decided to come here. The editorial isn't on the homepage, but it's pretty clear what it looks like, and what it should look like. It shows up as a wall of text, but it should contain spaces in between paragraphs.

All help is greatly appreciated.

can you show some screenshot or can you give the forum url??

Yeah, I guess. Although, like I said, the editorial isn't posted in the widget now. He said he'd have to post a paragraph in each individual widget in order for it not to be scrunched together.

http://www.steelersxtreme.com/forum

Nahtan-Syab
Forumember

Posts : 46
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum Widget Paragraphs

Post by SLGray on Sat 14 Jan - 22:19

Nahtan-Syab:
Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!





SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36673
Reputation : 2445
Language : English
Location : United States

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum Widget Paragraphs

Post by AnaMi on Mon 16 Jan - 0:58

Very Happy Hi!
Make sure you're using HTML in the text of your editorial.
For separating lines, you can use <br>, and for paragraphs, <p>.
Code:
<p>This is a paragraph</p>
<p>This is another paragraph</p>

So as to format the text, you may prefer to use HTML as well or, even better, press the +HTML button at the top corner of the text editor so that you get the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor and change the font, colour, etc. Wink

You usually use this editor when putting only text, tables, images, etc. in your widget. When you're going to use a code, that's when you use the simple editor.

Hello I hope it works!

AnaMi
Forumember

Female Posts : 40
Reputation : 2
Language : Spanish, English and Rubbish
Location : [404 - Not Found]

http://english4fun.freeforo.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum Widget Paragraphs

Post by Dshadow on Mon 16 Jan - 1:56

Thanks AnaMi it worked for me.

Dshadow
New Member

Posts : 2
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum Widget Paragraphs

Post by Nahtan-Syab on Mon 16 Jan - 5:15

@AnaMi wrote:Very Happy Hi!
Make sure you're using HTML in the text of your editorial.
For separating lines, you can use <br>, and for paragraphs, <p>.
Code:
<p>This is a paragraph</p>
<p>This is another paragraph</p>

So as to format the text, you may prefer to use HTML as well or, even better, press the +HTML button at the top corner of the text editor so that you get the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor and change the font, colour, etc. Wink

You usually use this editor when putting only text, tables, images, etc. in your widget. When you're going to use a code, that's when you use the simple editor.

Hello I hope it works!

Thanks so much, I really appreciate this.

Nahtan-Syab
Forumember

Posts : 46
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum Widget Paragraphs

Post by Sanket on Mon 16 Jan - 8:08

Topic Solved & Locked

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum