The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by kenzu on January 16th 2012, 12:58 pm

I am an admin on the forum http://aderanwars.forumotion.com and cannot post a link to our game http://www. aderanwars.com
It was possible one or two years ago, but now is impossible. When the game releases new updates, or when features are discussed, a link to the right page is helpful, but it no longer works. This situation is becoming unbearable. Please help!

Posting other links works, only Aderan Wars links are making trouble and give the following error message: You haven't got the rights to access this page

Other users cannot post this link either.
What do I have to do to make the link work for me and all registered users?

kenzu
New Member

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://aderanwars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by MrMario on January 16th 2012, 7:15 pm

Hello,


It looks like this link is blocked by Forumotion by their censor system. In this case, we cannot change it.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Reputation : 1830
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by kenzu on January 16th 2012, 9:43 pm

There is no reason for Aderan Wars to be censored.
How did it get blocked in the first place?

Maybe you cannot change it. But who can? I need to solve this problem.
Do you know who I should talk to?

Could maybe a technician have a look at this? It looks like a bug.

Who should I contact about this?


kenzu
New Member

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://aderanwars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by MrMario on January 16th 2012, 11:53 pm

I can ask and see whats up, but to me it looks like its blocked because of so many reports from that type of link.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Reputation : 1830
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by kirk on January 17th 2012, 2:29 am

What is this site, can you explain it a lil more.
Because i have never heard of forumotion black listing or blocking domains before.. But if they did then you want to bet there is a good reason for it.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by kenzu on January 17th 2012, 4:03 am

@kirk wrote:What is this site, can you explain it a lil more.
Because i have never heard of forumotion black listing or blocking domains before.. But if they did then you want to bet there is a good reason for it.

The site is a browser game, a multiplayer online game.
People build their own empire, attack each other and compete with one another.
Not sure what exactly you want to know. If you know what browser games are like, then you will have an idea what Aderan Wars is like.

There is no reason why it should be blocked. I believe it could be caused by a bug.
I hope there will be some clarification why this happens and how it can be prevented.

@MrMario wrote:I can ask and see whats up, but to me it looks like its blocked because of so many reports from that type of link.
Thank you!

But what kind of reports are you talking about?
Our site is safe if that's what you mean.

kenzu
New Member

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://aderanwars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by The Godfather on January 20th 2012, 3:33 pm

@kenzu wrote:I am an admin on the forum http://aderanwars.forumotion.com and cannot post a link to our game http://www. aderanwars.com
It was possible one or two years ago, but now is impossible. When the game releases new updates, or when features are discussed, a link to the right page is helpful, but it no longer works. This situation is becoming unbearable. Please help!

Posting other links works, only Aderan Wars links are making trouble and give the following error message: You haven't got the rights to access this page

Other users cannot post this link either.
What do I have to do to make the link work for me and all registered users?

hello,
this problem is caused by staying too lontemps on a page before posting. it may also be caused by soft working in the os background deleting browser cookies... Wink

The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2386
Reputation : 253

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by kenzu on January 21st 2012, 7:57 pm

@The Godfather wrote:
@kenzu wrote:I am an admin on the forum http://aderanwars.forumotion.com and cannot post a link to our game http://www. aderanwars.com
It was possible one or two years ago, but now is impossible. When the game releases new updates, or when features are discussed, a link to the right page is helpful, but it no longer works. This situation is becoming unbearable. Please help!

Posting other links works, only Aderan Wars links are making trouble and give the following error message: You haven't got the rights to access this page

Other users cannot post this link either.
What do I have to do to make the link work for me and all registered users?

hello,
this problem is caused by staying too lontemps on a page before posting. it may also be caused by soft working in the os background deleting browser cookies... Wink

Hi, I tried to post immediately, and it also didnt work. This means that it's not caused by staying too long on a page before posting. This problem exists for all users on the forum and it's impossible to post the link in other browsers either, which means that it's not a cookie problem.

Please tell me exact conditions under which does the forum claim that "You haven't got the rights to access this page", if an admin is posting it.

A banlist has been mentioned. Could you check if the site is banned?

You could also try to post the link yourself to see if it doesn't work for you. And if it doesn't work then please do something about it.

Thank you!

kenzu
New Member

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://aderanwars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by kenzu on February 1st 2012, 1:53 am

Would you mind replying? I really hope to get this fixed and move on. This is a serious bug in forumotion!

kenzu
New Member

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://aderanwars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by MrMario on February 1st 2012, 2:16 am

Try using a link shorter. Such as bit.ly or tinyurl.com or Google's short linker.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Reputation : 1830
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by kenzu on February 2nd 2012, 5:26 pm

@MrMario wrote:Try using a link shorter. Such as bit.ly or tinyurl.com or Google's short linker.
It is obviously unreasonable for me to explain to all my users that they should use link shorters otherwise they will be unable to post ingame links. Some less tech-savvy users will have no clue about them, think they are some malicious sites and not click them or even go around telling people I have bogus links on my forum.
No thank you

I still haven't gotten a clear answer to any of my questions, only a number of suggestions of what might be wrong but no word about what I can do about it or who to talk to get this issue fixed.

@kenzu wrote:
Please tell me exact conditions under which does the forum claim that "You haven't got the rights to access this page", if an admin is posting it.
Since i'm posting as an admin and then am still logged in afterwards it's obvious that I am neither getting logged out nor anything else in terms of expiration/permissions, etc. is happening

@kenzu wrote:
A banlist has been mentioned. Could you check if the site is banned?
@kenzu wrote:
You could also try to post the link yourself to see if it doesn't work for you. And if it doesn't work then please do something about it.

@kenzu wrote:
@MrMario wrote:I can ask and see whats up, but to me it looks like its blocked because of so many reports from that type of link.
Thank you!
But what kind of reports are you talking about?
Our site is safe if that's what you mean.

@kenzu wrote:
Maybe you cannot change it. But who can? I need to solve this problem.
Do you know who I should talk to?

@kenzu wrote:
Could maybe a technician have a look at this? It looks like a bug.
Who should I contact about this?


It's been half a month now and it's impossible to give me an answer or give me the contact to someone who might actually know what is wrong?

kenzu
New Member

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://aderanwars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by kirk on February 2nd 2012, 6:41 pm

Well the good news is that it's not not being blocked from forumotion, If it was then godfather would have said so above, So he has stated a couple things that could be causing it , Mario has also suggested a good option by using tinyurl, So i mean if the link is not going to post and using tinyurl works that way, Then that will be your best options if you have to have this link posted.

Or you can try placing the link in code tags and just have your members copy and past the url to their addresses bar. Smile

Other then that i can send the godfather this thread link once again and ask to request a tech. But from what the godfather has replied with, it dose not seem like something a tech would be needed for.

I myself would just place it in code tags thumright

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by kenzu on February 2nd 2012, 7:16 pm

code tags dont work, try it yourself.

I mean I appreciate the effort, dont take this the wrong way, but if you suggest something, would it be possible to at least try it before you say it followed by an emote? (which kinda proves my point that this is some deeper problem hence tech support is needed)

Also please remind me of "a couple things that could be causing it" because all of these have already been ruled out and/or weren't possible in the first place (session expiration, permissions, etc have been ruled out even before this thread got created).

here's the link, remove the line break:
Code:
http://www.
aderanwars.com/

also I would prefer to use the url tag simply because they are supposed to fill a certain function which code tags cannot, neither does shorting the url

also same thing happens here "you haven't got the rights ..."

I fail to understand how "not being able to post a legit url" falls into the category of "does not require a tech"
Since banning has been ruled out and no other solvable explanation has been put forward, there's clearly some deeper cause

kenzu
New Member

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://aderanwars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by MrMario on February 2nd 2012, 10:05 pm

Its something with the censor. I don't think it will be removed. Too many reports from users (Copyright content, Illegal downloads etc...)

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Reputation : 1830
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by Darren1 on February 2nd 2012, 10:53 pm

Hi,

It's far beyond the Censoring system I know of Rolling Eyes
However, I do also believe it is because it is censored, as I can confirm that everything else is ruled out, like you said - it's taken me 3 seconds to post it, in a laptop environment, running nothing but the bare windows basics, to post it and it still also rejected me, on many occasions.

The censoring system I know of only asks you to confirming your a human by means of a CAPATCHA - but that's nothing special.
I know your account hasn't been 'compromised' as it happens to me as well.
Im Sure MrMario has confirmed this as well.

The person that can assist you is The Godfather, and he has already replied in this thread, above.

Mario, can you ask Godfather to come back please, because a simple http:// link shouldn't be banned, when infact that's no issue with the site - it's a browser game, similar to FarmVille - but in a far better category, by the looks of it.
If not Godfather, Leeloo?

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by MrMario on February 2nd 2012, 11:00 pm

Still think its a censor thing, but I guess I'll ask again.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Reputation : 1830
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by Darren1 on February 3rd 2012, 12:58 am

Thank you Smile

To me, it's as silly as censoring google.com - the site has NOTHING wrong, or even associated with fm, nor violating it's TOS.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by Leviosa on February 3rd 2012, 10:02 am

Hello Kenzu Hello

Can you please provide a link to a topic of the forum where the link is ?

Thank you !


No help without your forum url
No support via private message



Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15359
Reputation : 1563
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by Guest on February 3rd 2012, 10:42 am

You don't need a link. Try to add the following link into ANY post on ANY forumotion board:

http://www.aderanwars.com

Or try to quote this post. Unless you know how to bypass whatever is censoring the URL, it can't be done. (I'm smart, I know how to bypass the censor. Smile )

And I'll bet this related to the problem with trying to type document.cookie, which also requires a trick to bypass the censoring.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by Leviosa on February 3rd 2012, 11:19 am

@kenzu wrote:I am an admin on the forum http://aderanwars.forumotion.com and cannot post a link to our game http://www. aderanwars.com/
It was possible one or two years ago, but now is impossible. When the game releases new updates, or when features are discussed, a link to the right page is helpful, but it no longer works. This situation is becoming unbearable. Please help!

Posting other links works, only Aderan Wars links are making trouble and give the following error message: You haven't got the rights to access this page

Other users cannot post this link either.
What do I have to do to make the link work for me and all registered users?

I've just checked this out. This website no longer can be posted on our forums because it was blacklisted :/

2 years ago, it wasn't. That's why you used to post the link without any problem.

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15359
Reputation : 1563
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by Darren1 on February 3rd 2012, 12:49 pm

Do you know why it was black listed?

Dion, Js right Razz

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by Leviosa on February 3rd 2012, 3:08 pm

@Darren1 wrote:Do you know why it was black listed?

Dion, Js right Razz

Hello Darren !

No I don't ! But it's certainly not for nothing Smile

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15359
Reputation : 1563
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by Darren1 on February 3rd 2012, 3:55 pm

Afternoon Leeloo, (or is it night now? I have no idea when it's dark in France haha)

Thanks for confirming it, however, are you able to find out? Lol
To me its as silly as blocking facebook, it doesn't appear to have done anything wrong?

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by kirk on February 3rd 2012, 6:01 pm

If you must insist or posting this link, looks like the only way would be to use something like tinyurl, I have tried a number of things and it seems the link has to be changed because the domain is blocked/censored.

http://tinyurl.com/7dcvo3z

As far as my suggestion for using the code tags and the godfathers explanation,we are only human and may be mistaken at times. So i apologize for the mistake. Wink

Thank you leeloo for confirming it is indeed blacklisted Smile



kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by kenzu on February 3rd 2012, 7:45 pm

@dion wrote:Or try to quote this post. Unless you know how to bypass whatever is censoring the URL, it can't be done. (I'm smart, I know how to bypass the censor. Smile )
Quoting does not work, I can't imagine why it would, not without using the bypass you mentioned (since if I quote it, it is plaintext again)
Well looks like a crap system if it's possible to bypass it, but thank you for saying it's possible, figured out how to do it already

Still, unless you can offer me a simpler bypass, I think it's a crap fix (again, referring to the less tech savvy users who will expect to be able to copy paste links from ingame to the forum without any issues)

Thanks guys alot though for the effort, we've established that it's indeed banned, which we kinda suspected in the first place anyway.

But no one has a clue who's responsible for these banlists,
how specifically the site got on it (or who put it there)
or even how to get it off the banlist?
After all these posts, am I correct in these assumptions?

kenzu
New Member

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://aderanwars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Cannot post link as admin - "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by kirk on February 7th 2012, 12:56 am

Yeah it had to be high ranking forumotion official in order to add a blacklisting

Whatever the case it seems the question has been answered with a couple small options to post the ink if it must be posted.
I will now mark this solved,lock and move to archives

Topic Solved & Locked

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum