The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Forum Promotion - Invite Friends

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forum Promotion - Invite Friends

Post by Templarman on January 17th 2012, 4:10 pm

Hi there,

Firstly I'd like to say thanks for this amazing site. It's something I've searching for, for a while now. I have set up my forum as per the instructions and added categories and forums etc. All pretty straight forward however I have a problem when it comes to inviting friends via the Forum Promotion->Invite Friends screen. I assume I am doing something wrong so any advice would be appreciated.

My forum address is http://lesdossierssecrets.forumotion.co.uk/

I have tried using the Webmail option and the normal email option. Neither works for me. I have read some other posts and one mentioned using Yahoo email addresses - not sure why this would make any difference.

On the Webmail option when I choose Yahoo and enter my details it doesn't accept my login details (Yahoo account).

On the Email option I fill in people's addresses but no email is received - I have checked the spam folders and there is nothing.

I hope it is easy to fix. Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum as I am still pretty new to this. Thanks in advance.

Templarman

Templarman

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Promotion - Invite Friends

Post by User83 on January 17th 2012, 4:20 pm

Hi !

What's the message you get when you try to send mails ?

User83
Forumember

Language : French

Back to top Go down

Post by Templarman on January 17th 2012, 4:25 pm

It says that emails have been sent - but none arrive at any of the addresses I specify.

Templarman

Back to top Go down

Post by Festina Lente on January 17th 2012, 5:13 pm

Do as this: ACP > General > Forum promotion > Invite friends and open e-mails tab... Your full name : write your name... Invite text: fill in with text you want... Recipients addresses : write e-mails of your friends that you want to invite... and Send

Festina Lente
Forumember

Male Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather on January 18th 2012, 9:27 am

Hello Hello ,

You may have some difficulties with the invite friends option. We are informed of this problem, our technical team is searching for a solution to resolve it as quick as possible ! Wink

The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum