The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domain name troubles, help please

4 posters

Go down

In progress Domain name troubles, help please

Post by zer0number2 Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:26 pm

I have a registered domain name for my forumotion forum that i obtained back in September. I recently built a new website on cheap names / website tonight which i think is under godaddy.com but im trying to move my domain name url from my old forum to the new website, and then have the forum domain url switched to the free forum domain that i got when i first set up the account. Im going to link the forum on the new site and vice versa, but when someone types in my current forum's domain name i want the home page of my new website tonight to come up. I dont see any redirect / forwarding url options in the admin panel, and i read on your forums that your not allowing domain transfers. So what options do i have here? I cant simply use a different domain for my new site, it has to be the one that is on my forum.

I also tried to delete domain in admin options but theres no way to remove my personalized custom domain on this screen, theres not even an option for it. My domain shows that it was registered with godaddy.com when i do a search of ownership for it. Since there is not any way to contact forum motion support by phone as far as i can tell, can someone here please help me out?
zer0number2

Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Domain name troubles, help please

Post by Empire_1 Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:43 pm

Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by zer0number2 Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:01 pm

how does that help me in any way lol? i clearly stated in my paragraph

"and i read on your forums that your not allowing domain transfers"

is there nothing i can do here?

If nothing else can i not delete the domain altogether so that i can repurchase it for the new site. I mean come on guys you cant just hold the thing hostage here, is anyone willing to help me out? I tried to do a transfer from the other site and its being blocked from you guys as well.

Last edited by zer0number2 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
zer0number2

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Ah, not there's nothing you can do. Forumotion will keep the domain name for 1 year+
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by zer0number2 Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:06 pm

!_NICK_! wrote:Ah, not there's nothing you can do. Forumotion will keep the domain name for 1 year+

i cant have it deleted either?
zer0number2

Back to top Go down

Post by zer0number2 Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Rideem3 wrote:You can have it deleted. In fact I think for a domain you paid for, you can go to Admin Panel -> Misc -> Spend Credits -> Domain Name -> There should be a button that says delete Wink

Under misc the only option i have is the option to delete the free forum address of forumsclub, not the .com personalized domain address that i currently have and purchased. If i delete the free forum domain name will that delete the personalized domain as well? It doesnt appear or make sense that it would but thats the only option i have in there.

""At anytime you can delete your personalized domain name and retrieve your default domain name : http://************.forumsclub.com
For the moment you can't renew your personalized domain name.....
.Your original domain name is http://************.forumsclub.com."" delete button is here

If it does delete my personalized domain name will it become immediately available for me to purchase and use on my new site or will forumotion hold it?

Last edited by zer0number2 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
zer0number2

Back to top Go down

Post by zer0number2 Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:20 pm

Rideem3 wrote:That means that your personalized domain: yourforum.com will be deleted, and will be restored back to yourforum.forumotion.com Wink

alright last question, i had edited my last post but you responded faster than i could type, and by the way thank you for helping me, so if i do delete the personalized domain will it become immediately available for me to purchase and use on the new site or is there a waiting period?
zer0number2

Back to top Go down

Post by zer0number2 Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Rideem3 wrote:Yes, if you delete your current personalized .com/.net/.org and etc., you will immediately be allowed to purchase a new one Wink

well i meant, will be able to re-purchase the same domain name that i had just deleted. Since a transfer isnt possible i assume i could delete my own domain and then buy it back for the new site. You can close this thread once that is answered, and again thanks.
zer0number2

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Rideem3 wrote:Yes, if you delete your current personalized .com/.net/.org and etc., you will immediately be allowed to purchase a new one Wink
I don't believe this is accurate, Rideem. I think it just switches back to your whatever.forumotion.com domain and Forumotion still keeps the personalized domain.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum