The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

PHPBB3 Switch Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress PHPBB3 Switch Problem

Post by Sparklepaws on January 22nd 2012, 3:39 am

So here's my problem. My board started out as Invision, and while in the administration panel I accidentally switched the Version to PHPBB3. This screwed up the entire forum, removing the navigation buttons and throwing the background off-center.

I tried to switch it back to Invision, but no luck so far. Is my forum ruined for good, or is there a way to fix this?

Last edited by Sparklepaws on January 22nd 2012, 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

Sparklepaws

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: PHPBB3 Switch Problem

Post by Sparklepaws on January 22nd 2012, 5:06 am

Actually I tried that, and the skin does get restored, but as I said it's jumbled and messed up. There are missing features such as navigation and the background has slid to one side, even though it's fixed and centered.

Edit: This problem can be recreated, but I don't recommend it: Go to Admin > Display > Skins > Choose a Theme > Version. Switch from Invision to PhpBB3 or 2, and then back to Invision. The result will be messy and incomplete, with no apparent way to solve it.

Last edited by Sparklepaws on January 22nd 2012, 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More information)

Sparklepaws

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: PHPBB3 Switch Problem

Post by Sparklepaws on January 22nd 2012, 5:25 am

An awesome feature that I didn't know about, but it still didn't fix my problem. The background is askew, and the nav-buttons are missing.

Perhaps his screenshot will help: http://i39.tinypic.com/29pf8uo.png

Sparklepaws

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum