The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guest on a closed forum

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Solved Guest on a closed forum

Post by lh0103 Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 17:59

First topic message reminder :

I am puzzled. My forum is totally closed and we are just a handfull of people. It has been closed
from the start. Never any problem.

Suddenly today we had a guest on the forum....the guest was able to reply in a topic.....the guest
also had a username. How is that possible for a guest to reply in a closed forum.

I also found out, that if you Google a very specifik frase (in this case *kalendersjal* ) ... we are first
on the site......you can read the first words and the topic....if you click on it you will come to the
login....... how come our topic can be googled (the forum is closed) and how is it that the guest was
able to reply within the forum.

I have tjeked the settings on adminsite.....all is closed....

A couple of weeks ago all my users profile settings was like reset.....they all recieved emails when a topic was replyed.
We have all disable that options, but suddenly we all have to set it again. We thought that perhaps there was an update
on the forum...... could there be a connection there.

Hope you can understand my questions. Thank you in advance Smile
lh0103
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Guest on a closed forum

Post by SLGray Thu 26 Jan 2012 - 22:33

To locate the IP of Salamad (Guest), there should be a IP Address button in the post. Press it. A page will load that shows information about the poster.

Was that link to a reply to a post or a new topic?

Guest on a closed forum - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Guest on a closed forum

Post by lh0103 Thu 26 Jan 2012 - 23:11

slg wrote:To locate the IP of Salamad (Guest), there should be a IP Address button in the post. Press it. A page will load that shows information about the poster.

Was that link to a reply to a post or a new topic?

It was a reply to an old post. In that post there was a link to at knittingsite....the link was change...se earlier post in this tread.

Now I have banned the IP adress....so hopefully the issue is at an end.

I dont think that this will ever be resolved. You can close the topic. I thank you all for your help.

If you have any suggestion to security on my forum....please fell free to give advice. Thanks again Very Happy

lh0103
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2