The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Can you make a game for people to use their points with?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Can you make a game for people to use their points with?

Post by ice880607 on January 30th 2012, 7:31 pm

I was wondering if it is possible to write a script, most likely java, for people on the forums to use their points in kind of a gamble game. This is what I was thinking, script starts out that generates a random number 1-100. If the number is less than 60 they get nothing. If the number is between 60-90 they get double their bet, and if the number is 90-99 they get triple. Finally if the number is a perfect 100 they get five times their bet. Now the scripting isn't that hard to do in java but I’m more worried on how I would be able to have the members input their bet based off their points they have. So if they place a bet of 10 then 10 points get taken away from their account. Not sure if this is possible but this is what I'm trying to do. If it can't be done on this site then can someone please point me to where I could? Thanks

ice880607

Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Can you make a game for people to use their points with?

Post by YoshiGM on January 30th 2012, 10:23 pm

Well.. you should creat a new Custom Profile Field with "numbers" and set it like you want.

Then, create the game with Dice Games.

Read this:

http://help.forumotion.com/t3347-the-rpg-feature

YoshiGM
Forumember

Male Posts : 512
Language : Spanish & English

http://asistencia.foroactivo.com/u21373

Back to top Go down

Post by ice880607 on January 30th 2012, 11:01 pm

ok I can do that, but how would I set what the number of the die do to subtract or add more? Didn't see anything on that tut about that. Thanks

ice880607

Back to top Go down

Post by ice880607 on January 30th 2012, 11:35 pm

Ok, and yes I ment JS. Guess I didn't spell it out all the way lol. I know some coding for JS and the coding shouldn't be to hard. I was worried that I would prob have to use and external sever and pretty make the site from scratch if I wanted something like that. thanks

ice880607

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum