The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I Have a Virus?

5 posters

Go down

Do I Have a Virus? Empty Do I Have a Virus?

Post by Cat4 February 2nd 2012, 12:42 am

The members of my forum have been for a long time now, getting warnings that my forum has content from mugglenet and that it isn't safe. (Screen shot below)

CLICK HERE

I have never gotten the warning myself, but several members have.

At first I thought it was a mugglenet banner someone had in their signature, so I quickly deleted it, but we're still getting warnings!

What should I do? See if there's anything else from mugglenet on the forum and delete it? Is it something I did? I am not aware anything else form mugglenet was on the forum....

By the way, I believe my forum is phpBB 2, if that makes a difference.

I really need help fast. My forum is down for construction right now, and I'd really like to fix the problem before it goes live again! Thanks! Smile
Cat4

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Do I Have a Virus? Empty Re: Do I Have a Virus?

Post by MrMario February 2nd 2012, 3:22 am

Hello,

What have you just installed on your forum? Images (Smiles) Coding?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat4 February 2nd 2012, 3:49 am

Not that I can think of. I haven't done much updating to the place in a month or two (thus the reason I now have it under construction. I'm doing a lot of updating.) Could it be the forum banner? Or something someone posted?
Cat4

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 2nd 2012, 6:08 am

Could be a post that hasa smiley or the banner.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Do I Have a Virus? Empty Re: forum virus

Post by Davdub1 February 2nd 2012, 6:40 am

To board of forum,

Dear sir

To whom it make concern, my forum members had been complained that my forum contain virus to member and Guest who came visit. Be low here was the warning that occurred

"We have already notified www.bergoiata.org that we found malware on the site <<< ???"

and
"Warning: Something's Not Right Here! hmongthoobntiajteb.forumakers.com contains content from www.bergoiata.org, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site. Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else. We have already notified www.bergoiata.org that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on www.bergoiata.org, visit the Google"

Here is my fourm;

http://hmongthoobntiajteb.forumakers.com/forum

please help protect my forum not let any virus to my members or Guest.

Thank you.
Davdub1

Male Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by ProphecyCSS February 2nd 2012, 6:50 am

Hey,

I would say to take everything on ur site and put it on ur computer including images videos or whatever give it a scan for malware get a malware software to do so and itll delete the ones infected and the ones un-infected put back on site, check that didnt come with the site

Thanks -Prophecy
ProphecyCSS
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Davdub1 February 2nd 2012, 7:12 am

I don't have virus, but my members and Guest complain about my forum have it. That's why no one came.
Davdub1

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 February 2nd 2012, 12:48 pm

Hi,

Ive just done a quick link scan on your forum, with 6 different major anti-virus companies, and not one of them found anything, not even Norton.
Could it be that these users are using Internet Explorer?

If so,
I would get in contact with Microsoft and see if you can get them to check it again.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat4 February 2nd 2012, 6:57 pm

MrMario wrote:Could be a post that hasa smiley or the banner.

Okay, I changed the forum banner, and it couldn't be a smiley because the smilies we use have been on the forum for over a year, waaay before we ever got these warnings.

I read on another thread where someone had a slightly different problem, but almost the same. Some people there said the php BB2 version of the forum has a bug where GIF images could contain malicious coding. I can't find the thread now, and I don't know if this is outdated information. Should I try deleting all GIF images on the forum?

Edit: Also, I'd like to clarify this for my members, who are worried about picking up a virus. The forum itself is safe? It's just something on it that's setting off a warning? But the members won't pick anything up?
Cat4

Back to top Go down

Post by Davdub1 February 3rd 2012, 12:10 am

Darren1 wrote:Hi,

Ive just done a quick link scan on your forum, with 6 different major anti-virus companies, and not one of them found anything, not even Norton.
Could it be that these users are using Internet Explorer?

If so,
I would get in contact with Microsoft and see if you can get them to check it again.

Thank you so much sir,

I don't know other guest and member what they used. Thanks again
Davdub1

Back to top Go down