The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I restrict access to an existing area based on post count?

4 posters

Go down

Can I restrict access to an existing area based on post count? Empty Can I restrict access to an existing area based on post count?

Post by mr scoops February 10th 2012, 10:11 pm

I have some existing areas on my forum, can I restrict access to them to only people who have posted more than 50 times?
I know it can be done when starting a new area but can it be edited retro-spectively?
mr scoops

Male Posts : 23
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can I restrict access to an existing area based on post count? Empty Re: Can I restrict access to an existing area based on post count?

Post by Stephen- February 10th 2012, 11:15 pm

Hi,

Do you mean that can you disable the post count in some category of your forum ?
Stephen-
Stephen-
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2542
Language :

Back to top Go down

Can I restrict access to an existing area based on post count? Empty Re: Can I restrict access to an existing area based on post count?

Post by mr scoops February 10th 2012, 11:28 pm

No, I want to restrict existing areas of the forum to people that have 50+ posts
mr scoops

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen- February 10th 2012, 11:32 pm

Thank you for your reply.. You can do that if you create a group then activate the Group auto-subscribe then set the limit post (by 50 as you said Wink ) when they reach it they will automatically added to that group. About the permission you can restrict existing areas in your forum by removing all permissions of that group... Wink
Stephen-
Stephen-
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2542
Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by BryanR February 11th 2012, 12:16 am

Raizen wrote:Thank you for your reply.. You can do that if you create a group then activate the Group auto-subscribe then set the limit post (by 50 as you said Wink ) when they reach it they will automatically added to that group. About the permission you can restrict existing areas in your forum by removing all permissions of that group... Wink

Auto-Subscribe To Groups

I provided the link to the tutorial which shows all the correct ways in order to achieve the results you want to receive. Wink
BryanR
Forumember

Male Posts : 185
Language : English | Spanish | Spanglish | HTML | Graphics

Back to top Go down

Post by mr scoops February 12th 2012, 9:41 pm

Fantastic, thanks for your help.
mr scoops

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 12th 2012, 10:24 pm

Is this issue solved?

Can I restrict access to an existing area based on post count? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum