The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to view what a user sees?

2 posters

Go down

Is it possible to view what a user sees? Empty Is it possible to view what a user sees?

Post by Mudsquisher February 19th 2012, 6:06 pm

I was wondering if there is a feature that allows you to view what the user is able to see? Like if there is a topic that a user can't see, and I switch to their view, I wouldn't be able to see it either. This would make it much easier to check that I have the groups and their permissions set up correctly.

Thanks Smile
Mudsquisher

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to view what a user sees? Empty Re: Is it possible to view what a user sees?

Post by BryanR February 19th 2012, 7:23 pm

In think this feature is not yet supported by Forumotion. However, you can create several test accounts and give them permissions that you wish to. Then log in into each account and test out the settings. However, before you do so, you should store all the information for all of the test accounts for.

Like for example the Support Forum@Forumotion, well sometimes some of their staff require test accounts to figure out what is going on with anything on your forum.
BryanR
Forumember

Male Posts : 185
Language : English | Spanish | Spanglish | HTML | Graphics

Back to top Go down