The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

phpBB2 vs. phpBB 3

+11
Har Dy
Random
Abdulhakeem
hitesh
Nessa
Jimmy574
efbe
Decibel
zinex
A1Team
Raph95
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Witch wersion do u like more?

phpBB2 vs. phpBB 3 Left1149%phpBB2 vs. phpBB 3 Right11 49% 
[ 20 ]
phpBB2 vs. phpBB 3 Left1151%phpBB2 vs. phpBB 3 Right11 51% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 41

phpBB2 vs. phpBB 3 Empty phpBB2 vs. phpBB 3

Post by Raph95 January 8th 2008, 2:09 pm

Witch wersion do u like more?
Raph95
Raph95
Forumember

Male Posts : 798
Language : English, Serban, Croatian, Bosinan :)

http://TMNT-Forum.com

Back to top Go down

phpBB2 vs. phpBB 3 Empty Re: phpBB2 vs. phpBB 3

Post by A1Team January 8th 2008, 3:13 pm

phpBB2 because i'm habited on this versions, and its easier to edit templates, and also there are a better ready templates...
A1Team
A1Team
Forumember

Male Posts : 124
Language : English, Macedonian, Serbian

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex January 8th 2008, 3:24 pm

phpbb 2 because its the one i am used to Smile
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 8th 2008, 3:41 pm

i think pbpbb3 look alot better Smile

but there a few things i would change on it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 8th 2008, 4:01 pm

This discussion has come up many times. I am a strong supporter on version 2. I believe it is a better one.

Reasons:

more templates available
who is online box is more attractive
you can edit the templates-you cant in version 3 (meaning change the entire code)

What is the benifit of version 3? What do you get with it that you dont with version 2? Oh you can put your avatar on the wrong side? I don't see anything that makes version 3 better!

I invite anyone to make a solid case why version 3 is better, list what makes it better. Version 3 DOES NOT give us any of the mods that the other forum hosts that provide version 3 offer. There are many mods that go with version 3 that aren't included here. Oh ya we get a version 3 style admin panel, the third one since I been a member here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Decibel January 8th 2008, 4:02 pm

Guess there could be an arguement for "Im used to it"..."more skins avaliable", etc., but..Newer is ALWAYS better Exclamation phpBB2 vs. phpBB 3 Redface
P.S.@Kilsek This isn't about mods, its about versions.
Decibel
Decibel
Forumember

Male Posts : 201
Language : english

http://decibels.forumsmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 8th 2008, 7:45 pm

newer is not always better. Lookm at all the posts about the problems people are having with the new version. Certain things not working properly.

As far as mods, PHPbb3 the full version not the hacked up one here, is exceptional! If we had the full version3 I would be voting for it.

The way forumotion promotes its PHPBB3 is a bit shaddy. It should be described as a bare version of it. Please do a web search on the full version of PHPBB3 and see it! man it is awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raph95 January 8th 2008, 7:59 pm

Newer is ALWAYS better

And why do you tihnk that? Well look at every movie - part one is good, 2 maybe, but 3, 4, 5 -- ~ are always shit!!!! They lose all ideas for it Wink
Raph95
Raph95
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 8th 2008, 11:25 pm

2 is by far the better one of the two, unless we were given the full version of 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 9th 2008, 12:46 am

badger11 wrote:2 is by far the better one of the two, unless we were given the full version of 3

Ahhhhh, so there are others that know of the full version of 3!!! Excellent!!

Back to top Go down

Post by efbe January 9th 2008, 12:51 am

I'm happy using version 2...it does everything i want it to do..
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Male Posts : 455

http://www.chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Decibel January 9th 2008, 1:49 am

Kilsek wrote:newer is not always better. Lookm at all the posts about the problems people are having with the new version. Certain things not working properly.

As far as mods, PHPbb3 the full version not the hacked up one here, is exceptional! If we had the full version3 I would be voting for it.

The way forumotion promotes its PHPBB3 is a bit shaddy. It should be described as a bare version of it. Please do a web search on the full version of PHPBB3 and see it! man it is awesome.
Ok is this about phpbb3 on forumotion or phpbb3? If its Forumotion then i agree that its not great, if its phpbb3, then its better than phpbb2,..you even seem to think so. blackeye

Raph95 wrote:And why do you tihnk that? Well look at every movie - part one is good, 2 maybe, but 3, 4, 5 -- ~ are always shit!!!! They lose all ideas for it
Stop comparing apples and oranges. I got your point and stand corrected on what i said, but were talking technology, not movies.
Decibel
Decibel
Forumember

Male Posts : 201

http://decibels.forumsmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy574 January 9th 2008, 3:41 am

On Forumotion, phpBB2 is better, it has a better look and doesn't cause much glitches. phpBB3 always causes glitches on my forum (example: character sheet being in the Quick Reply box).

In reality, I like phpBB3 better. v2 is outdated and hasn't been updated since '02. It also is a lot better, easier navigation, full User CP, COPPA disabling, update checking, newer features, and even more. Smile

The only way I like v2 is the way it looks and it's a LOT easier to set permissions than phpBB3.
Jimmy574
Jimmy574
Forumember

Male Posts : 106
Language : British English

http://waddleworld.forumaction.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 9th 2008, 4:01 am

Decibel wrote:
Kilsek wrote:newer is not always better. Lookm at all the posts about the problems people are having with the new version. Certain things not working properly.

Ok is this about phpbb3 on forumotion or phpbb3? If its Forumotion then i agree that its not great, if its phpbb3, then its better than phpbb2,..you even seem to think so. blackeye

Ya that is what I believe the poster wants to know, whether forumotion's version 2 or 3 is the best

Back to top Go down

Post by Raph95 January 9th 2008, 11:46 am

Decibel wrote:
Raph95 wrote:And why do you tihnk that? Well look at every movie - part one is good, 2 maybe, but 3, 4, 5 -- ~ are always shit!!!! They lose all ideas for it
Stop comparing apples and oranges. I got your point and stand corrected on what i said, but were talking technology, not movies.

No, no, no; I just gave the exapmle, I didn't mean this about versions 2 and 3, I meant -- everything lol! Just wanted to say that it's not always newer better.
Raph95
Raph95
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa January 9th 2008, 12:26 pm

Kilsek wrote:This discussion has come up many times. I am a strong supporter on version 2. I believe it is a better one.

Reasons:

more templates available