The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Go down

In progress Points

Post by Silent Wolf February 20th 2012, 7:20 pm

Hello, my name is Silent Wolf. Smile I am a proud administrator to my forum, Leaping Warrior Cats. (http://leapingwcats.forumotion.com/) We currently are interested in have points in our system, and having a shop in which members can buy, and gain items to there characters. Points are earned when making topics, posting, and adding new friends, etc. The only problem is, I can't find a way to subtract the amounts from there points. (Ex. A member has 200 points and buys a 50 point item. I can't subtract 50 from 200, and I want to know how.) Am I just missing something? I know on other forums, they have stuff like this. My forum is a phpBB3. Please help me Smile

-Hazelstar, Main Admin in Leaping Warrior Cats.
Silent Wolf

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Points

Post by BryanR February 20th 2012, 7:44 pm

A point shop, dozens of forums@forumotion have created Points Shops, here is the link to a thread which shows some ideas for a Points Shop.

Points Shop Ideas

Well as for deducting the points, you or other administrators will have to manually do this. Other forum administrators do this as well, of course they in some occasions may have their staff deduct the points from a specific user, having a Points Shop is a good idea for a board to have.
BryanR
Forumember

Male Posts : 185
Language : English | Spanish | Spanglish | HTML | Graphics

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Wolf February 20th 2012, 7:49 pm

I have the whole shop laid out, if you look at my forum. I just can't deduct the points. I've tried making a new point system, where I can deduct the points, but it doesn't work out. I go to the users profile and theres no area where I can take the points off. Same with the ACP.
Silent Wolf

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 20th 2012, 10:23 pm

Hi,

You have to do that in the admin panel. Modules // Points System
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186