The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terms of sevice and contravening French laws

2 posters

Go down

Terms of sevice and contravening French laws Empty Terms of sevice and contravening French laws

Post by efbe February 23rd 2012, 1:40 am

When i get new members registering, it says in the agreement 'and more generally any message contravening the French laws are prohibited.'

Now as my forum is used in Australia and has Australians as members, what confuses most when they register is 'what are the French laws?' Who are we to know down under what the French laws are? We all understand that we must abide by the rules set in place before pressing the 'I Agree button'.
It doesn't make sense to my Australian members registering that they have to agree not to contravene the French laws as we don't even know what the French laws are.
We are missing out on new members registering who just don't understand this French Law agreement. Can that be changed to International Internet laws as it is in here?
https://www.forumotion.com/en/create-forum/terms-of-service.htm
Cheers.
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : english

http://www.chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Terms of sevice and contravening French laws Empty Re: Terms of sevice and contravening French laws

Post by Darren1 February 23rd 2012, 2:20 am

Hi Mate Very Happy

Long story short, it's the exact same as Australian Laws, but the French version.
For example, spamming a forum is punishable with prison time, is the same back home.
However, the French are far more forward with the tracking and laws to deal with Illegal Internet usage.

The reason that it stipulates French laws, is because FM is a French company, thus if a forum violates French law, FM is help responsible, and they pass the legal issue to use if you are found as the culprit.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down