The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

People not Receiving Confirmation E-mail to Register (ending up as Inative Users)....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

People not Receiving Confirmation E-mail to Register (ending up as Inative Users)....

Post by Bravobulldog2112 on March 5th 2012, 5:24 pm

Hello,

I'm having a problem with some of my visitors not being able to complete their registration process because they do not recieve the confirmation e-mail. Instead, these people are piling up as "Inactive Users" and then I have to go in an manually activate their account. For some reason, the forumotion program does not like some e-mail addresses (i.e., bob.smith@state.co.us).

This is very problematic, as I will lose many prospective members if they have to wait for me to activiate their account manualy. I also don't want to take my time to manage this glitch.

Is this a "bug" that can be addressed or is there a setting that can be adjusted? Or do I need to find a different forum provider?

Thanks,

Jerry

Bravobulldog2112

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: People not Receiving Confirmation E-mail to Register (ending up as Inative Users)....

Post by Guest on March 5th 2012, 5:38 pm

Your users should use emails like: mail.com or yahoo.com
Theese are most used and most safely.

Exists some emails that can't recieve all emails. Smile

Back to top Go down

Re: People not Receiving Confirmation E-mail to Register (ending up as Inative Users)....

Post by MrMario on March 5th 2012, 9:30 pm

Hello,

This is always going to be a problem, no matter what forum software you use. It even happens to purchases you by and not getting a confirmation email about what you bought.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum