The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid"

+53
Richsballpythons
Wednesday Toys
The Godfather
Bubba02STi
toppas
psyckosama
aR-On
graphixgurl
mo.houssami
maarek
BlytheKingdom
Bermygreen
JennBags
Nancy Rinn
MHerushingu
onebigfish
samaritesathinas
Blue_Phoenix
Lil Miss Sunshine
t3d
CARTOONISTS
ScrapPlezier
nagelk
poodleantics
q3CandyGirl
SLGray
Quae
JadeMehBoi
dbowden
Malty
Paper Secrets
itsupportlondon2012
mvervoorn
Poly Pocket
nathanadhitya
paulpattonproductions
Elessar
krissyND303
mad00lini
Delme
maximosm
B2N2Scraps
Brbljivica
KarenElliot
Miskebam
mschooling
Tansy Firedragon
Jophy
Darren1
Shadow
Zerotheheroe
Sanket
jamesgoodchild
57 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Pro Admin Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid"

Post by jamesgoodchild March 20th 2012, 6:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've just kicked off a board and have started testing with a couple of people before I roll it out to the club that will be using it. The very first external test user trying to create an account on the board encountered a problem with his email address. I put in one of my spare emails just to make sure I didn't have a setup issue and it took that ok. When I go to change it, I get the same message my test user got, "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid".

I did a search of the forum archives and there was a thread on this from Feb 17th 2012 by aowlthd that is now locked, otherwise I would have posted to it. aowlthd posted that he couldn't get a email address ending in .NET to work.

Unfortunately where I live, the bulk of the email addresses are <name>@sasktel.net as that is the provincial telecommunications provider and the dominant player in terms of email addresses. Can you please check to see if there is a problem with .net email addresses on your spam appliance? If there is, I may have to drop this board and go to some other solution as I can't asked 80% of my club members to create new email addresses and that percentage is the people who have a <name>@sasktel.net email address.
jamesgoodchild

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid"

Post by Jophy December 16th 2012, 1:33 am

Hello,

In case you PM'ed Leeloo and it's weekend, please wait until Monday since she doesn't work on weekends. Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid"

Post by Bermygreen December 16th 2012, 1:29 pm

Good morning. I'm having a similar problem. The first 8 members got access straight away. The second one joined but was told his email was invalid.

2nd post coming up shortly Very Happy
Bermygreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bermygreen December 16th 2012, 1:30 pm

Post # 2 duly made. PM containing email address on it's way shortly.
Bermygreen

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 16th 2012, 4:03 pm

Bermygreen wrote:Good morning. I'm having a similar problem. The first 8 members got access straight away. The second one joined but was told his email was invalid.

2nd post coming up shortly Very Happy

Bermygreen wrote:Post # 2 duly made. PM containing email address on it's way shortly.
Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!
There many topics ( https://help.forumotion.com/c2-miscellaneous ) you could have posted in to get the required two posts to send a pm.

Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid" - Page 6 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlytheKingdom January 7th 2013, 10:12 pm

We're also having the same issue. Sending a PM to Leeloo as instructed
BlytheKingdom
BlytheKingdom

http://blythekingdom.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by maarek January 11th 2013, 2:36 am

I'm having the same issue I his email address is different, but works I've been communicating with him myself so I know it's valid. I created the account for him, but had to use another one of my email addresses. Attempts to make it his has been met with invalid email address. I also can't PM LeeLoo like previous posts says something about not reaching posting limit...
maarek

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray January 11th 2013, 3:49 am

maarek:
You need one more post to send a pm.

Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid" - Page 6 Slgray10

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by maarek January 14th 2013, 5:27 am

oh I see...
maarek

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by mo.houssami January 23rd 2013, 10:59 pm

Hi,

We're also having the same issue. I will send a PM to Leeloo as instructed.
mo.houssami

Language : english, french

Back to top Go down

Post by mo.houssami January 23rd 2013, 11:00 pm

Sorry for spaming but I need one more post to send a pm.
mo.houssami

Language : english, french

Back to top Go down

Post by graphixgurl January 25th 2013, 3:28 am

Use iava and get morntea and u het ut
graphixgurl
graphixgurl

Language : Goopa

Back to top Go down

Post by aR-On January 25th 2013, 2:44 pm

Please, remove the domain tee.gr from the anti-spam list. I am admin of a forum that all members are Greek engineers and the Greek Technical Chamber where all Greek engineers belong, is TEE ( www.tee.gr ). So, every one that his/her email is something like name@tee.gr when tries to register, gets the message "Sorry, this e-mail adrress is invalid".
aR-On

Back to top Go down

Post by aR-On April 10th 2013, 3:20 pm

As I can't PM to staff yet, I kindly ask you again to remove @tee.gr from the invalid/unaccepted list of emails, so greek engineers from now on can register to my forum, as I explained above.
aR-On

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 12th 2013, 9:56 am

aR-On wrote:Please, remove the domain tee.gr from the anti-spam list. I am admin of a forum that all members are Greek engineers and the Greek Technical Chamber where all Greek engineers belong, is TEE ( www.tee.gr ). So, every one that his/her email is something like name@tee.gr when tries to register, gets the message "Sorry, this e-mail adrress is invalid".

aR-On wrote:As I can't PM to staff yet, I kindly ask you again to remove @tee.gr from the invalid/unaccepted list of emails, so greek engineers from now on can register to my forum, as I explained above.
Your request was sent to our main administrator.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by psyckosama April 12th 2013, 7:36 pm

My forum is rejecting the email domain @prismnet.com as being an invalid password. I know its valid because I've sent mail too and received mail from this address.

This is a bit bothersome as my forum is a fan-forum for an RPG and that's the address of the main game developer. I've tried changing it in the admin panel and it still rejects it.

Please fix this ASAP. Thank you.

PS: A Admin panel override function that makes it accept a password Blackslist or no would cure a world of ills.

http://cavemaster.forumotion.com
psyckosama
Forumember

http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by psyckosama April 16th 2013, 4:33 am

I hate to do this, but any update?
psyckosama
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 16th 2013, 5:37 am

Sorry for the delay, our pro administrator who's dealing with this issues has left Forumotion, and our main admin has been busy lately, I will forward your issue to him, please be patient. Thanks Smile
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by psyckosama April 16th 2013, 5:55 am

Who will I need to send the blocked address to?
psyckosama
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 16th 2013, 6:42 am

I will just bring the attention of our main admin here. Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by psyckosama April 18th 2013, 12:09 am

any news?
psyckosama
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 18th 2013, 6:41 am

None yet :/ Though I bumped the request regarding this.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by psyckosama April 19th 2013, 11:34 am

Sorry if I'm getting antsy. But bump.
psyckosama
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 19th 2013, 11:45 am

Really sorry for the delay, I don't know why TGF has not been answering to our reports recently, but I will bump your request on our reports forum.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by psyckosama April 19th 2013, 11:56 am

Jophy wrote:Really sorry for the delay, I don't know why TGF has not been answering to our reports recently, but I will bump your request on our reports forum.

Thanks, sorry about the pestering but this particular email is rather important to the health of my forum.
psyckosama
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 19th 2013, 11:57 am

You can always bump this as long as it is separated by 24 hours, well let's hope TGF answers requests soon. Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by toppas April 20th 2013, 6:35 pm

no ide
toppas

Language : bahasa indonesia

Back to top Go down

Post by psyckosama April 21st 2013, 8:51 pm

And along those lines...

BUMP!
psyckosama
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by psyckosama April 23rd 2013, 11:27 am

hello?
psyckosama
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by psyckosama April 26th 2013, 3:50 am

Anything?
psyckosama
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 26th 2013, 7:19 am

psyckosama wrote:Anything?
We need to wait patiently because there are many more issues that the techs are working on. They can not just work on just one issue at a time.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next