The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid"

+53
Richsballpythons
Wednesday Toys
The Godfather
Bubba02STi
toppas
psyckosama
aR-On
graphixgurl
mo.houssami
maarek
BlytheKingdom
Bermygreen
JennBags
Nancy Rinn
MHerushingu
onebigfish
samaritesathinas
Blue_Phoenix
Lil Miss Sunshine
t3d
CARTOONISTS
ScrapPlezier
nagelk
poodleantics
q3CandyGirl
SLGray
Quae
JadeMehBoi
dbowden
Malty
Paper Secrets
itsupportlondon2012
mvervoorn
Poly Pocket
nathanadhitya
paulpattonproductions
Elessar
krissyND303
mad00lini
Delme
maximosm
B2N2Scraps
Brbljivica
KarenElliot
Miskebam
mschooling
Tansy Firedragon
Jophy
Darren1
Shadow
Zerotheheroe
Sanket
jamesgoodchild
57 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Pro Admin Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid"

Post by jamesgoodchild March 20th 2012, 6:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've just kicked off a board and have started testing with a couple of people before I roll it out to the club that will be using it. The very first external test user trying to create an account on the board encountered a problem with his email address. I put in one of my spare emails just to make sure I didn't have a setup issue and it took that ok. When I go to change it, I get the same message my test user got, "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid".

I did a search of the forum archives and there was a thread on this from Feb 17th 2012 by aowlthd that is now locked, otherwise I would have posted to it. aowlthd posted that he couldn't get a email address ending in .NET to work.

Unfortunately where I live, the bulk of the email addresses are <name>@sasktel.net as that is the provincial telecommunications provider and the dominant player in terms of email addresses. Can you please check to see if there is a problem with .net email addresses on your spam appliance? If there is, I may have to drop this board and go to some other solution as I can't asked 80% of my club members to create new email addresses and that percentage is the people who have a <name>@sasktel.net email address.
jamesgoodchild

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid"

Post by psyckosama April 28th 2013, 7:02 am

SLGray wrote:
psyckosama wrote:Anything?
We need to wait patiently because there are many more issues that the techs are working on. They can not just work on just one issue at a time.

Two weeks since initial post with no resolution is 'patiently'.
psyckosama
Forumember

http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid"

Post by Bubba02STi April 29th 2013, 10:39 pm

I too am having the same problem with having a vendor register with the forum... their email is a private domain email... right now i have him registered under another email and when i went to go change it for him it wasn't letting me... giving me the same error in this admin panel when i went to change it... having his email being what it needs for him is very important...

edit: i have another vendor on the forum that used their own domain email it worked just fine...
Bubba02STi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 30th 2013, 5:06 am

psyckosama wrote:
SLGray wrote:
psyckosama wrote:Anything?
We need to wait patiently because there are many more issues that the techs are working on. They can not just work on just one issue at a time.

Two weeks since initial post with no resolution is 'patiently'.
Hello, According to TGF, you must provide examples of e-mails that are being blocked, please provide me the details via PM. Thanks Smile
Bubba02STi wrote:I too am having the same problem with having a vendor register with the forum... their email is a private domain email... right now i have him registered under another email and when i went to go change it for him it wasn't letting me... giving me the same error in this admin panel when i went to change it... having his email being what it needs for him is very important...

edit: i have another vendor on the forum that used their own domain email it worked just fine...
Ok, are the e-mails still being blocked?
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by psyckosama April 30th 2013, 5:21 am

Jophy wrote:Hello, According to TGF, you must provide examples of e-mails that are being blocked, please provide me the details via PM. Thanks Smile

Ah. Thought I sent it to the admin. I'll send it in again to make sure.
psyckosama
Forumember

http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba02STi April 30th 2013, 7:46 am

Jophy wrote:
Ok, are the e-mails still being blocked?

Yes... and i just sent you a pm with the email i am having trouble with
Bubba02STi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 30th 2013, 12:58 pm

Ok, the details that were sent are now forwarded.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather May 2nd 2013, 2:57 pm

Hello,

After so many test and verifications, we found that this problem is linked to a latency problem with prismnet.com mail server that causes a failure of our emails validation function.

we change it on our side in order to avoid this problem. currently, it should be solved Wink
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba02STi May 2nd 2013, 11:22 pm

Just tried to change the email of the memver im having problems with and got the same message...
Bubba02STi

Back to top Go down

Post by Wednesday Toys May 14th 2013, 4:08 am

I have this issue with one of my potential members - do we still PM Leeloo with the details, or someone else?

Thanks
Wednesday Toys

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray May 14th 2013, 4:15 am

Leeloo is no longer with Forumotion.

Send it to Sanket.

Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid" - Page 7 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wednesday Toys May 14th 2013, 4:16 am

Ok, thanks, will do Smile
Wednesday Toys

Back to top Go down

Post by Wednesday Toys May 15th 2013, 5:05 am

Sanket instructed me to post my problem in the Forums, so here it is:

I've just had a member try to create an account with the email address: 'XXXXXX@scifitoys.com.au', and he reports that he can't, and that the error message "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid." appears.

Would you be able to take a look at this please?

My forum is at: http://wednesdaytoys.forumotion.com/
Wednesday Toys

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 15th 2013, 6:46 am

Wednesday Toys wrote:Sanket instructed me to post my problem in the Forums, so here it is:

I've just had a member try to create an account with the email address: 'XXXXXX@scifitoys.com.au', and he reports that he can't, and that the error message "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid." appears.

Would you be able to take a look at this please?

My forum is at: http://wednesdaytoys.forumotion.com/
Hello,
Hello, According to TGF, you must provide examples of e-mails that are being blocked, please provide me the details via PM. Thanks

Please provide me the details via PM. Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Richsballpythons May 23rd 2013, 5:44 pm

Happening to me right now for an email @prodigy.net and the member is getting very frustrated.
Richsballpythons
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather May 24th 2013, 5:14 pm

Richsballpythons wrote:Happening to me right now for an email @prodigy.net and the member is getting very frustrated.

please check the MX registration on the emails on the indicated domain. they chould be valide Wink
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Richsballpythons May 24th 2013, 5:41 pm

That email is though AT&T service.
Richsballpythons
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz June 8th 2013, 7:24 am

I have encountered the same issue as the above posts. My member registration is disabled. I have done all of the suggestions to no avail.
Any chance I can get some tech help?
Thanks
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz

Back to top Go down

Post by Richsballpythons June 8th 2013, 7:37 am

Ive yet to get any help from this staff, which seem to not know how to assist this. Ive Pmed a admin to no avail as well.
Richsballpythons
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz June 8th 2013, 7:42 am

Thanks for the response Rich. It is very frustrating to be sure!!
You would think they would consider tech support even for a fee? As i would gladly pay for the help.
Smile
Purpleskyz

Back to top Go down

Post by honda_silver July 4th 2013, 9:08 am

Any information or news on
1) resolution
2) workaround
3) removing @swbell.net from the spam filter
honda_silver

http://www.silverwing600.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crossing Borders July 9th 2013, 4:53 am

Hi, I've read through the whole thread but I'm still unsure if all email addresses that use a format like "admin/office/etc@mydomain.com" are blocked? Is there any way around this? 

I've just had someone unable to register with such an address, getting the message: "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid."

I also got this message when I signed up to my forum using my business domain which uses my initials@mydomain.com: "@rockprivateoffice.com"

My forum is crossingborders.board-directory.net

Thanks.
Crossing Borders

Male Posts : 4

http://crossingborders.board-directory.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crossing Borders July 22nd 2013, 7:48 am

^ Can anyone throw some light on this for me?
Crossing Borders

Male Posts : 4

http://crossingborders.board-directory.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy July 22nd 2013, 8:13 am

Hello,

You should provide us the e-mails that are being blocked, then we'll send it to our main admin, please send it to me via PM.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan_RVG August 13th 2013, 4:59 am

I am having the same issue with an @att.net address. It looks like you are asking users to PM the email addresses to the staff but I am not seeing any contact options for the staff members? Can someone open a dialog with me?

Thanks
Ryan_RVG

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7