The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bug in private messaging

2 posters

Go down

Bug in private messaging Empty Bug in private messaging

Post by WovenTales March 29th 2012, 7:56 am

There might be a better place to put this, but I've come across a bug in the PM system. I'm on one of the RP forums (Fallout: Equestria) and your character's level is based on the number of posts, so multiple characters by the same player need to be on different accounts. I had messaged one of these other characters about a certain feature in his backstory I wanted to tie mine to, and have since joined a thread he started. On a different account, the player asked me about Skype, and partway through that conversation, he switched back to the one my character knew to continue that adventure, asking me to send my response to that account. I did (reply to the one account, then change the "To" name to the other), but the history of the topic says it was in response to the first, unrelated conversation. These had different names, but they are the only two PM conversations I've been in so far.
WovenTales

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Bug in private messaging Empty Re: Bug in private messaging

Post by kirk March 29th 2012, 4:46 pm

I will have to test it, I never tried replying to someones post with pm then changeing the name to a different user. It seems as it should work, but once again never tried it..I would think if it did not work then you can always add the other users account with the ad user button in the options.

Other then that i will have to test on one of my test forums
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum