The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Unsubscribing to a forum when administrator will not do so

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pro Admin Unsubscribing to a forum when administrator will not do so

Post by sassy1261 on April 4th 2012, 10:43 pm

I have tried to go through you complaints section, but it required a screen shot which is not applicable in this case. The Forum is Electricsky.forumotion.co.uk. The administrator banned all her moderators, I was one, because we disagreed with her. She keeps extending the ban so that we cannot delete our accounts, even though I have asked her through the contact button. She banned me for trolling, which she cannot show I did, and she banned another mod, who has never made a racist post in her life, for racism, which we consider defamation of character. She posted private posts from the mod board all over the forum and frankly seems rather strange. I went through the unsubscribe process, but because of the ban it did not work. Please unsubscribe me as quickly as you can, I do not want to be associated with this person any longer than necessary.

sassy1261
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: Unsubscribing to a forum when administrator will not do so

Post by SLGray on April 5th 2012, 12:25 am

Use this to unsubscribe: http://www.forumotion.com/en/unscribe/
This will delete your account, but it will not delete your posts or topics.

Please read this, and you can also inform the administrator of this: http://help.forumotion.com/t1526-account-deletion-administrators-obligations

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35669

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy1261 on April 5th 2012, 6:23 am

slg wrote:Use this to unsubscribe: http://www.forumotion.com/en/unscribe/
This will delete your account, but it will not delete your posts or topics.

Please read this, and you can also inform the administrator of this: http://help.forumotion.com/t1526-account-deletion-administrators-obligations

I have used the unsubscribe link, which in turn sent a message to my email with a link to click on, which I did, what came up was Electric Sky's heading and a message saying I am banned. I wish my name not to appear on Electric Sky boards. I have also, via the contact button, sent the forumotion rules about removing an account, so far nothing has happened.

I have tried to inform her of this conversation via the contact button and post the Forumotions rules again, but when I tried to put the message through after putting in the validation code, this message came up:

You are not allowed to send external links or emails. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

sassy1261
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on April 5th 2012, 9:35 am

Did you register in the past 7 days? Thats why its not letting your post links. You need to wait for 7 days.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy1261 on April 5th 2012, 11:46 am

@Sanket wrote:Did you register in the past 7 days? Thats why its not letting your post links. You need to wait for 7 days.

No I did not register in the last 7 days, I have been a member for over a year and at the time when the administrator went loopy and banned her moderators, or the ones she did not ban, resigned, I was a moderator. She is now doing her best to stop us deleting our accounts and Forumotion should do something about it.

sassy1261
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy1261 on April 5th 2012, 12:21 pm

BTW, why do you have the requirement that a screen shot has to be shown for an official complaint. I wanted to make an official complaint about this, because of your rules and the fact she is flouting them, but because of the screen shot requirement it would not go through.

sassy1261
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy1261 on April 5th 2012, 4:46 pm

I really would be grateful for a reply to this. You have a forum administrator who is blatently breaking your rules and nothing is being done about it. Could you please tell me how I can speak to your complaints department without having a screenshot, which not only is not applicable, but I can't put one up, and this is getting very frustrating.

The forum administrator of ElectricSky.forumotion.co.uk is breaking a rule a consequence of which the forum can be taken away from her under your rules, and is continuing to do so.

sassy1261
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy1261 on April 5th 2012, 11:35 pm

Bump for attention, I really want this sorted.

sassy1261
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on April 5th 2012, 11:40 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately, forumotion only needs to step in if this admin is not removing your personal data and/or artwork, or coding.

Have you attempted to make contact with this administrator and informed him/her of a law requiring them to remove the wanted account(s)?

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy1261 on April 5th 2012, 11:50 pm

@Darren1 wrote:Hi,

Unfortunately, forumotion only needs to step in if this admin is not removing your personal data and/or artwork, or coding.

Have you attempted to make contact with this administrator and informed him/her of a law requiring them to remove the wanted account(s)?

Yes, through the contact button, twice.

Now three times as I have just sent her a copy of your reply via the contact button. Previously as it would not let me post the link I copy the rules and sent them that way.

So how do I get forumotion to step in?

Last edited by sassy1261 on April 5th 2012, 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

sassy1261
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on April 5th 2012, 11:54 pm

Sorry to hear that TT

Your doing it already Wink

Just need a member of staff to pass the issue up to Leeloo who will drop in, and lend a hand from the office. However, unfortunately, it is a long weekend, so I believe she is out of the office until Tuesday.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy1261 on April 5th 2012, 11:57 pm

@Darren1 wrote:Sorry to hear that TT

Your doing it already Wink

Just need a member of staff to pass the issue up to Leeloo who will drop in, and lend a hand from the office. However, unfortunately, it is a long weekend, so I believe she is out of the office until Tuesday.

Thank you very much, Tuesday I can wait for. Some of us worked very hard to get that forum off the ground and it is very frustrating to have been treated this way, but you have been a great help.

sassy1261
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on April 6th 2012, 8:34 am

@sassy1261 wrote:BTW, why do you have the requirement that a screen shot has to be shown for an official complaint. I wanted to make an official complaint about this, because of your rules and the fact she is flouting them, but because of the screen shot requirement it would not go through.

@sassy1261 wrote:I really would be grateful for a reply to this. You have a forum administrator who is blatently breaking your rules and nothing is being done about it. Could you please tell me how I can speak to your complaints department without having a screenshot, which not only is not applicable, but I can't put one up, and this is getting very frustrating.

The forum administrator of ElectricSky.forumotion.co.uk is breaking a rule a consequence of which the forum can be taken away from her under your rules, and is continuing to do so.

@sassy1261 wrote:Bump for attention, I really want this sorted.
Please don't double/triple post.

Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the EDIT button instead.

It's still Friday, let's see if Leeloo can step up here and help. I'll forward this thread to her.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviosa on April 6th 2012, 10:58 am

Hello !

If the link to unsubscribe your account from the forum didn't work, it means that an admin of the forum has banned you before you try. You can't delete your account with this link if you're already banned from the forum.

Then, the only way to force the admin to remove your personnal data is to send a litigation http://www.forumotion.com/en/litigation/
You have to know that the founder of a forum is responsible of its content. He could have some trouble if he keeps your personnal data.

So, the litigation tool is the best way to protect yourself or to defend yourself.

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15386
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy1261 on April 6th 2012, 5:05 pm

Leeloo wrote:Hello !

If the link to unsubscribe your account from the forum didn't work, it means that an admin of the forum has banned you before you try. You can't delete your account with this link if you're already banned from the forum.

Then, the only way to force the admin to remove your personnal data is to send a litigation http://www.forumotion.com/en/litigation/
You have to know that the founder of a forum is responsible of its content. He could have some trouble if he keeps your personnal data.

So, the litigation tool is the best way to protect yourself or to defend yourself.

Look, I am really sorry to cause you so much trouble, but I have already explained that your system requires a screen shot. There is no screen shot applicable, and even if there was I cannot transfer one from my computer to your system, I have tried putting any old screen shot of the site in and it will not take it. I am at the stage of pulling my hair out because my account is still registered. I even sent her a copy of our interchange via the control button last night and said would it not be better just to remove my account. Although she has been logged on, she has ignored it.

Ok, going to give it another go, have taken a screen shot from last night, showing her as administrator (Darth) being logged on last night and my account still there. I will try to find a way of getting it on your system.

sassy1261
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviosa on April 6th 2012, 5:32 pm

No problem, if you can't have a screenshot as a proof, give the link to the memberlist or the link to a topic or anything else you want to report Wink

No help without your forum url
No support via private message

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15386
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy1261 on April 6th 2012, 5:51 pm

Triedto put a screen shot in, but it just will not load and tells me it is too big and I don't know what else to do! Have a screen shot of her on last night as Darth and my account still there and cannot get it onto your system so it will not put the form through.

I have now even tried just putting a picture on and it wont accept anything.

I have also tried doing what you said and putting the link to the members List, it won't accept that either.

UPDATE: I finally managed to get a screenshot onto imageshack and got it to link.

sassy1261
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy1261 on April 8th 2012, 2:51 pm

The administrator (Darth) has replied on the forum:

In case it is difficult to read:

A message from admin reference banned members sassy and nems
Electric Sky :: Social Area :: Chit Chat
Page 1 of 1 Share Actions

Actions
View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts
Topic(s) being watched

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Add to your favourites
Send to a friend
Copy BBCode URL
Print this page

A message from admin reference banned members sassy and nems
by Darth Today at 12:35 am

.Despite requests from sassy and nems their accounts remain active as....
There is however an exception to this obligation:

In the event of a complaint (For racist insults, slandering, remarks, homophobes or revisionists remarks, etc...) against the person who asks for the suppression of his account, it should be known that the administrator cannot erase the data relating to the identification of this person (In particular IP address who allows to identify a person formally): it is legally held to be able to communicate with them during a one year deadline minimum (This to allow for example justice to find this person and to possibly initiate a procedure against that particular persone).

http://help.forumotion.com/t1526-account-deletion-administrators-obligations

Due to Nems gross racism against the Welsh I will not be deleting her account as it is evidence for the North Wales Police to access in order to retrieve her ip. As her accomplice in this then unfortunately sassy's account stays too.

They can both explain their hate speech to NW Police in due course.

Case closed!.
Darth
Supreme Overlord and Whipcracker

The supposed 'racism' was by another poster and was simply that the administrator did a post telling her she lived in the unemployment, single mother capital of Britain (Liverpool) to which she replied that the administrator lived in the inbreeding capital of sheep shaggers. She also cannot produce this post, because she deleted the whole thread because she had been so nasty on it.

She has also now removed the fact that I am banned, because it showed I was banned for trolling as I said (which by reading the forum you can see I was not) and never made any hate speech and you will not find any, I am quite happy for you to trawl the whole forum, and now what I get is:

sassy1261
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy1261 on April 10th 2012, 3:38 pm

I don't know if it is relevant, but a poster asked her to produce proof of the 'racism' that did not exist and pointed out she has allowed homophobia etc. This was two days ago and she has not replied.

sassy1261
Forumember

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum