The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel

3 posters

Go down

Should Forumotion fix this?

Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel Left1120%Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel Right11 20% 
[ 1 ]
Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel Left1140%Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel Right11 40% 
[ 2 ]
Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel Left1140%Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel Right11 40% 
[ 2 ]
Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel Left110%Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel Empty Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel

Post by ElMuggs April 5th 2012, 6:42 am

So this wouldn't really take much to implement, all it means is that instead of being sent back to the front page of Admin Panel after 10 or so minutes when you hit 'SAVE' you either give a longer time or get rid of the timeout all together.

Basically it stops people from losing all their work if they've been working on something in templates, skinning, tweaking css, making Widgets etc. and hit save without copying their work first.

For a coder like myself there's nothing worse then putting hours of work into something only to have it all lost because Forumotion timed out.

As far as I can tell there is no reason or advantage in sending people back to the main page instead of saving changes.

After all if you get a unlimited time to make a post, why can you not have the same when making a Widget?
ElMuggs
ElMuggs
Forumember

Language : CSS / HTML / BBcode / Javascript / Graphics and Tech Support yeech..

http://wizardswb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel Empty Re: Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel

Post by Jellydonut April 9th 2012, 9:16 pm

I didn't even know that it did it did that, but then again, I don't spend long amounts of time in the Admin panel.
If it DOES do that, I totally support. It would be horrible to be working on something for 10 minutes and then loose it all.
Jellydonut
Jellydonut
Forumember

Female Posts : 572
Language : English

http://www.googlesclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel Empty Re: Longer/No Timeout in Admin Panel

Post by Jophy December 8th 2013, 7:04 am

Suggestion for your forums (section) clean up! (12/8/13)

=> Locked & Garbaged
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down