The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Forum Completely Disappeared

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Forum Completely Disappeared

Post by gBev on April 5th 2012, 10:01 pm

I used to run a reasonably popular forum here back in 2009 (bobsgame.forumotion.net), then locked it when activity dried up. I left it as an open archive for our old users to view the posts, and it had been in that state for years at this point. However, I was recently informed that the forum is not only locked, but that the posts and even the theme are entirely gone.

I'm not really sure what to make of this. I tried using the admin utility, but whenever I tried to use the backup tool it would just log me out of the admin utility. It also seemed to show from there that the forum's address had been changed from 'bobsgame.forumotion.net' to 'nothing.forumotion.net', and both links seem to lead to the same forum page. Now, thanks to having to log back in so many times, I've been locked out of it entirely for six hours. But that is beside the point, as I can't seem to use the backup tool anyway.

I was wondering if an admin here could either inform me on why my forum has suddenly disappeared and/or help me to restore it to an earlier state.

Thanks in advance.

gBev

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Forum Completely Disappeared

Post by Darren1 on April 5th 2012, 10:26 pm

Hi,

For the utilities issue, there's a known issue with them kicking everyone iut when they attempt to log in.
As an alternative way to get into your forum, when u go to the utilites, find the option 'direct connection', log in there and check out the forum then.

I unfortunately, have to inform you that I believe these two listed forums appear to be different, as one the a full stop at the end of 'closed'.
Apart from that, I would agree with you that the both of these forums are the same.

Now, to reset your password, if you use the 'direct connection' like I said above you chan change it from your end, however, if you don't want to, you can ask a member of staff here to do so via this guide:
=> http://help.forumotion.com/t93821-lost-founder-s-password

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by gBev on April 5th 2012, 10:36 pm

The issue with logging in is that it seems that whatever locked up my forum also deleted all the users, my login doesn't seem to work at all.

I didn't notice that slight difference between them, so now I'm not sure what to make of it, because nothing.forumotion.net is registered on the date I remember registering bobsgame.forumotion.net, and bobsgame doesn't seem to be in the utility panel at all. Not to mention I don't think I ever even registered the name nothing.forumotion.net.

I'm not sure how resetting the password would help though, as I can log into the founder utilities thing just fine. It's just that the backup thing won't work. Maybe a staff member here could force bobsgame.forumotion.net to revert to a backup?

gBev

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on April 6th 2012, 9:15 am

Hello,

Can you provide me the creation e-mail and the link of the forum via PM so that I can confirm and forward your request to our pro admin (Leeloo). Wink

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum