The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Column Alignment

2 posters

Go down

Forum Column Alignment Empty Forum Column Alignment

Post by runawayhorses Sat 07 Apr 2012, 05:04

Look at this screenshot of my forums index page and notice the "sports and "Music" forums are on top of the columns. I would like to push those forums down so they are in the black sections with the other forums. Those are sitting on top the columns. I think I need to add some cellpadding or something. Can you take a look and tell me how to push those down some? All the sections that are start first under the columns are like that, but this is all I could fit in one screenshot.

Forum Column Alignment Rhfss
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Language : English

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Forum Column Alignment Empty Re: Forum Column Alignment

Post by Guest Sat 07 Apr 2012, 10:57

Hi!

If you want just to move the forums: "Music" (from Entertainment) & "Sports" (from Recreation) last, after another forum, you can do it from:
Administration Panel => General => Forum => Categories and forums => Sports/Music => [sub]Edit[sub] => Position this forum after;

If, this is not what you meant, and, if you just want to move a little bit the first forums down, you can try to add a code to:
Administration Panel => Display => Pictures and colors => Colors => CSS Stylesheet. The code is:
Code:
.forabg .topiclist.forums{
padding-top: 10px !important;
}

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses Sat 07 Apr 2012, 11:38

Thank you, it was the code to move the sections down is what I meant and what I was looking for, and it worked. But after closer examination of the forum I've come to realize that it was meant to be that way. Other sections like the side-panel and other places in the forum all have some text starting in the columns just like the index shows in that screenshot. After sleeping on it and looking at it with a fresh perspective and then using that code you showed me to push it down I immediately understood it was meant to have the text starting on the columns, so I removed the code and put it back the way it was. That is a hitskin theme with some minor touches by me.

Oh btw and on another note, I want to thank you for that code you gave me yesterday for the font color change in the topics list that I asked about in this topic below. It was marked as solved and then moved to archives before you may have seen me thank you for that. This topic here: https://help.forumotion.com/t107189-font-colors-on-topics-list

Thanks a bunch! Smile
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Apr 2012, 13:15

I'm always glad. And I'm really happy for the fact that I'm back after a month of inactivity or more. Wink

So, you still need help with something? If yes, what's your question?

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses Sat 07 Apr 2012, 13:57

Well, now that you mention it yes I do have another question. When I first got my forum 4 years ago I used the default theme and just modified that theme and kept it for years. I had some mouseover top Navigation bar buttons and it worked really good. But with this new theme I have now when I installed it I of course lost my mouseover buttons and code in the CSS stylesheet. It was replaced with the new theme. Well I still have the buttons and code and I tried to install it on this new theme but it wouldn't work. I could tell the code was in place because when you put you cursor over one of the nav buttons it would move a little, showed something was happening, but it would not rollover to a new image. I have no idea why. It could be this code doesn't work for the hitskin theme or maybe I forgot exactly how to install the code. I don't remember any java script being involved. I still have the mouseover buttons. They are two images made into one. You'll see the code and know what I mean by that. Here's the code I'm using, and maybe you can tell me why it isn't working correctly and what I can do about it.

Code:
    #i_icon_mini_index{width:136px;height:75px;background:url(NAV_IMAGE_HERE) no-repeat 0 0; }
    #i_icon_mini_index:hover {background-position: 0 -75px;}

#i_icon_mini_portal{width:107px;height:75px; background:url(NAV_IMAGE_HERE) no-repeat 0 0;}
    #i_icon_mini_portal:hover{background-position: 0 -75px;}

#i_icon_mini_gallery{width:107px;height:75px; background:url(NAV_IMAGE_HERE) no-repeat 0 0;}
    #i_icon_mini_gallery:hover{background-position: 0 -75px;}

#i_icon_mini_faq{width:107px;height:75px;background:url(NAV_IMAGE_HERE) no-repeat 0 0;}
    #i_icon_mini_faq:hover{background-position: 0 -75px;}

#i_icon_mini_calendar{width:107px;height:75px;background:url(NAV_IMAGE_HERE) no-repeat 0 0;}
    #i_icon_mini_calendar:hover{background-position: 0 -75px;}

#i_icon_mini_search{width:107px;height:75px;background:url(NAV_IMAGE_HERE) no-repeat 0 0;}
    #i_icon_mini_search:hover{background-position: 0 -75px;}

#i_icon_mini_members{width:107px;height:75px;background:url(NAV_IMAGE_HERE) no-repeat 0 0;}
    #i_icon_mini_members:hover{background-position: 0 -75px;}

#i_icon_mini_groups{width:107px;height:75px;background:url(NAV_IMAGE_HERE) no-repeat 0 0;}
    #i_icon_mini_groups:hover{background-position: 0 -75px;}

#i_icon_mini_profile{width:107px;height:75px;background:url(NAV_IMAGE_HERE) no-repeat 0 0;}
    #i_icon_mini_profile:hover{background-position: 0 -75px;}

#i_icon_mini_message{width:107px;height:75px;background:url(NAV_IMAGE_HERE) no-repeat 0 0;}
    #i_icon_mini_message:hover{background-position: 0 -75px;}

#i_icon_mini_new_message{width:107px;height:75px;background:url(NAV_IMAGE_HERE) no-repeat 0 0;}
    #i_icon_mini_new_message:hover{background-position: 0 -75px;}

#i_icon_mini_logout{width:131px;height:75px;background:url(NAV_IMAGE_HERE) no-repeat 0 0;}
    #i_icon_mini_logout:hover{background-position: 0 -75px;}

#i_icon_mini_register{width:107px;height:75px;background:url(NAV_IMAGE_HERE) no-repeat 0 0;}
    #i_icon_mini_register:hover{background-position: 0 -75px;}

#i_icon_mini_login{width:131px;height:75px;background:url(NAV_IMAGE_HERE) no-repeat 0 0;}
    #i_icon_mini_login:hover{background-position: 0 -75px;}
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. Sat 07 Apr 2012, 16:11

Do you want an other image to appeare when you hover your buttons or just the brightnest of color to change?
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses Sat 07 Apr 2012, 16:50

Yes I was wanted another image to appear. The mouseover image is an axact copy of the regular in its just a different color. The mouse over button is two images made into one. I am open to any way to make it mouse over. I'll do it with two images it makes no difference to me. I just need to know how. I'd even consider using a code that makes the image change colors, although I never heard of that.I thought that was laways done with 2 images or like the way I have done mine before with 2 images put togrther to form 1 image using a imaging editor. The code says it all.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. Sat 07 Apr 2012, 16:51

Remove your navigations out of Admin panel and add them all
through CSS. Also go to Display >> Headers and navigations
>> Display only images in nav bar: YES

Do this for the static image:
Code:
#i_icon_mini_index {
background-image: url('IMAGE LINK GOES HERE');
width: XYpx;
height: XYpx;
}

And than this for hover:
Code:
#i_icon_mini_index:hover {
background-image: url('IMAGE HOVER LINK GOES HERE');
width: XYpx;
height: XYpx;
}

Do it for all navigations, just change the end of #i_icon_mini

Like this:
_portal {
_portal:hover {

This is for the rest of navigations:
_profile
_calendar
_gallery
_message
_new_message
_register
_login
_logout
_search
_faq
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses Sat 07 Apr 2012, 18:05

I tried it and I did it perfectly but it didn't work. Mouseover Nav buttons don't work with this theme it would seem. I have mouseover Reply and New Topic and Private Message Buttons and they work just fine. But the Navigation will not accept mouseover buttons for some reason. Oh well.

If can copy my entire stylessheet to a Moderator or staff member and let them make the changes and then send me the new revised stylesheet I would like to do that if that is possible. I would send the Image buttons of course along with the CSS style sheet. OR I could make them a Admin and they could go in and do it themselves. Just a thought. Smile

I'm not using all the links some are hidden or not active. I only have these Nav buttons:

Home, FAQ, Search, Members, Profile, Mailbox, Calander, Register, Login, Logout.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down