The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting Permission for Author Only

2 posters

Go down

In progress Setting Permission for Author Only

Post by slartibartfast April 11th 2012, 12:18 pm

I've searched but can't find anything here. I'm setting up a new area on my forum for new members to just introduce themselves. I would like it to be set as a No Replies Allowed area, but can't see how to do this. i.e. only the original author can contribute. I've been round and round in circles on the Forum Permissions Control (advanced) and can't see how to do it. Am I missing something, or is it not possible.
slartibartfast
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Setting Permission for Author Only

Post by Base April 11th 2012, 12:30 pm

Hi, this is not possible. If the topic creator is a normal member and they're allowed to reply to the topic, then all members are also allowed.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast April 11th 2012, 12:49 pm

I suspected that. What about setting up blogs and restricting permissions to reply on those? Could that work?
slartibartfast
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base April 11th 2012, 12:55 pm

Since blogs are essentially the same as forums, they just look different, the permissions will be the same. Sad

So no, I don't think it would work. The only way I can think of it just to create a rule to stop members from replying to topics that they don't create. Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 11th 2012, 1:13 pm

Yeah, Base is correct. But, the only thing you can is to create a hidden group, and then add a member or more in that group, that would open a topic.
Then go to Categories and forums administration, edit permissions how do you want to Reply to a message and Open a topic.

I'm sorry for this reply since it's not the certain thing you want. Just informed you. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast April 12th 2012, 12:21 pm

Base wrote:The only way I can think of it just to create a rule to stop members from replying to topics that they don't create. Smile

That looks interesting. Any pointers as to where I can find out how to create a rule? Thanks
slartibartfast
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base April 12th 2012, 12:25 pm

As in, have a rule on your forum where members can't reply to other members' topics. loul

It's not a feature, just a topic called 'rules' and in there you say that replying to other topics is not allowed unless you've made the topic or something along those lines.

You can also use the forum rules feature we have which can be found in the forum settings section when you're making a new forum. Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum