The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

please help! Lost members doing a backup

View previous topic View next topic Go down

please help! Lost members doing a backup

Post by +Fusion- on April 18th 2012, 2:45 am

I thought when i pressed back up forum that it would create a backup date, but instead it backed up to 2 days ago, and i lost 50 members!! is there any way to bring them back! affraid

they are still technically registered but it says Total members: 246 when before the back up i had 291

Edit kirk.
Fixed topic title, member has been sent pm about the change.

+Fusion-
Forumember

Male Posts : 252
Language : English

http://www.xcodezz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: please help! Lost members doing a backup

Post by kirk on April 18th 2012, 2:57 am

ReBoRNz wrote:I thought when i pressed back up forum that it would create a backup date, but instead it backed up to 2 days ago, and i lost 50 members!! is there any way to bring them back! affraid

Please do not create topic titles such as this.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! please help!

Info added.
Please read the comment in the spoiler last.
I written that before what i have below now.

If your members are still members, then it's probably showing the number of members you had that day that you backed it up to.. 246 ? Have you gained 50 members since the date you have backed it up to.. If thats the case then within 24 hours when the forum auto updates it will fix the count.

previous comment. read this last.
Spoiler:
I have never heard of losing members, You can lose some post from members.
Try backing up again to today.. And what exactly did you need to do the backup for?
It's pretty straight forward direction on how to backup/restore.

If you did lose all these members then the worst case Scenario is that we will have to get a pro-admin to restore your forum.. Are you sure you do not have your manage user feature enabled to delete members after a certain time period of not being active?

Explain all you can, what you did, and why you was doing it.. and also try to restore it back to today to see if the members come back, Then if you get the members back we can discuss what you need to do for whatever reason you where doing a backup for.

If you are unable to get your members back.. Then explain all you can anyway so we can have as much info on the matter for if we have to pass it on to a pro-admin to fix.

But sounds odd, i have never heard of losing members?

Last edited by kirk on April 18th 2012, 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by +Fusion- on April 18th 2012, 3:05 am

ok i have it so it doesnt delete members, and there isnt a backup date today :/ , i clicked back up forum from 4/16 thinking it would create a restore point incase i get hacked or something, (not smart), i selected the option that said Full Backup, and then it did it, when i went back to my forum, the stats were messed up, it said i have 246 members when i really have 286, and it says im at 1077 topics when im really at 1132, all forums & topics are there but the stats are messed up and i think the members are still there because it showed the recent members in the adminCP. but i dont know, i guess its just an error with the stats can u guys fix this? Forum URL: www.xcodezz.com

EDIT: The stats on the forum page are messed up, but when i go in my statistics, it says i have 286, is there anyway to fix this because to everyone it appears as 246 Heres the statistic info its suppose to have:

Posts 1080
Posts per day 15.65
Number of topics 442
Topics per day 6.41
Number of users 286
Users per day 4.14
Forum started Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 16:12
Board up days 69
Latest user registered date Tue 17 Apr 2012 - 17:31 Latest user registered itschris236
Most users ever online date Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 18:24 Most users ever online 36
Stats generated on Tue 17 Apr 2012 - 18:09

+Fusion-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on April 18th 2012, 3:14 am

I would wait 24 hours and your stats for the members/other info should return.

However, As far as the post, you may have lost all of them since you did a full restore back to whatever previous date you chosen.

You should never do a full restore unless it's absolutely necessary, If your forum was ever hacked then you come here and a pro-admin can and will fully restore your forum for you..

kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by +Fusion- on April 18th 2012, 3:23 am

Ok thanks, and YAY my stats are fixed!, i just added a Border Css code to my site cuz i lost my recent CSs, and when i went back to my forum the stats were fixed:) thanks for your time

+Fusion-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on April 18th 2012, 7:47 am

ReBoRNz wrote:Ok thanks, and YAY my stats are fixed!, i just added a Border Css code to my site cuz i lost my recent CSs, and when i went back to my forum the stats were fixed:) thanks for your time

Ok cool, not sure if it was the css fix, or the forum updated?
Is there any other questions or problems you have with this?

kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum