The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

How to download the forums' Template content

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to download the forums' Template content

Post by maclindows on April 19th 2012, 8:14 pm

Hi
I have a forum that I've created couple months ago (still under construction) Everything that is related to the forum is great, now that I'm close to completion I have an issue. I like a particular template that I've selected and I wish to have the entire forum content available to me, I've been looking all over the forum to find a way to get them but I've came up with nothing so far.

My question is this: is there a way I could get the content of any of the template located on http://en.hitskin.com/
How do I get them?
If there is a fee attached? How much?

Now if the answer to all these questions is NO, then I have a few suggestions to make. Before I go into those let me first say that I really enjoy the custom URL which allow users to use their own domain name on a free forum :wouhou: , I think I speak on behalf of the rest of the world when I say that's brilliant.I suggest that you guys think of a way for users to download the forum's template (either before or after installation) so that we can have a little more freedom. and also you could provide hosting services along with the download template, and to be honest we all would love to make a buck of our forum unfortunately as it is now we can't benefit of any publishing services, hence I'm making the request to get the templates' content. I'm asking everybody who feels that this is a valid point, or that has any fix for my issue please feel free to leave a comment.
Anticipating thanks

maclindows

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: How to download the forums' Template content

Post by Darren1 on April 21st 2012, 2:32 am

Hi,

All the details that you can collate is the CSS: Admin panel >> Display > Colours > CSS
Also, if you are using PHPBB2 or PunBB, you can edit the templates, which you can access via: Admin panel >> Display > Templates.

Please note, the coding used here on ForuMotion, is NOT completable with any other forum, it is specifically written for our forums.
The CSS is completable, as it's CSS3 written.

I'm sure Ill be corrected there with my CSS3 reference Razz

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: How to download the forums' Template content

Post by maclindows on May 3rd 2012, 10:51 pm

It's grate that you show where we can find forum's basic CSS but usually when I download a css web template it contain a folder name CSS which contain an image folder, sometime there is a JS folder as well but unfortunately I only see the CSS code of one file, to be honest I don't know what to do in order to get these files content. Can you help me?

maclindows

Language : english

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum