The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Hacked...

4 posters

Go down

In progress Site Hacked...

Post by ..XaNiTy.. April 25th 2012, 10:07 pm

So i had a forumotion site, http://www.Elite-Coderz.Forumotion.com/ some [Language] started bs with me awhile ago just hacked the site, i cant get back in. I dont know how he did it, or what email he used. So sites Crashing as we speak. I was just wondering without an email how Can i get it shut down? Or does it stay up and he just keeps it? The kid sat at home and stayed up ALL night to do this. But owell if nothing is possible that is fine, just had a question. Thanks if you can help!
..XaNiTy..

Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Site Hacked...

Post by Sir Chivas™ April 25th 2012, 10:11 pm

Hi, Hello

Use this link: https://help.forumotion.com/t75418-my-forum-was-hacked

Did this Member had access to the Admin Panel?
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6965
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

Post by ..XaNiTy.. April 25th 2012, 10:15 pm

Wont work, He took all admins out, and Took over the founder account. Its used to be ™TeChN9Ne™ now its Architect. And i seen about the Gmail accounts easier to hack. well ill Have to change it next site im on. but yeah, its destroyed. Thanks though
..XaNiTy..

Back to top Go down

Post by ..XaNiTy.. April 25th 2012, 10:16 pm

And no, No access to it at all, He hacked the Founder account which was mine, and got in and changed everything. Ive tried using links to reset password but since he changed email i cant get in, so owell. I guess thats that on that site xD
..XaNiTy..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ April 25th 2012, 10:17 pm

That's some what impossible, since he has to know the password & email you used to create the forum. Maybe a staff member can help out better. Wink Sorry, that I couldn't be a help.
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6965
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

Post by ..XaNiTy.. April 25th 2012, 10:20 pm

It is Possible actually. Theres many ActivePerl exploits out there for it. phpbb2 is mainly the one hackable. As long as you have an account on there and use u1 for the founder account. you can get it. BUT then i changed my password. banned his IP and deleted his name and he STILL got in. So i dont know what to do from here.
..XaNiTy..

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 26th 2012, 3:07 am

..XaNiTy.. wrote:Wont work, He took all admins out, and Took over the founder account. Its used to be ™TeChN9Ne™ now its Architect. And i seen about the Gmail accounts easier to hack. well ill Have to change it next site im on. but yeah, its destroyed. Thanks though

..XaNiTy.. wrote:And no, No access to it at all, He hacked the Founder account which was mine, and got in and changed everything. Ive tried using links to reset password but since he changed email i cant get in, so owell. I guess thats that on that site xD
Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

Hello,

For this issue, I suggest you to contact Leeloo(Administrator) and provide her the following info:
Forum Link:
Creation E-mail:
Founder Username:

And explain the current situation to her, request to her to change it to the original creation e-mail and send the new password to your account(for the founder account) and then you can do the back up then or if you wish, you can request it to her too.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkoBryan14 April 30th 2012, 9:14 am

I think it is Defaced. It means LOW Security.. Forumotion please upgrade the Security to avoid hacking a site of it.
NikkoBryan14
NikkoBryan14
Forumember

Male Posts : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 30th 2012, 11:33 am

NikkoBryan14 wrote:I think it is Defaced. It means LOW Security.. Forumotion please upgrade the Security to avoid hacking a site of it.
This is no security issue with Forumotion Systems, if you know how to keep your private information secured, you won't get any trouble with this, also, long passwords combined with letters, symbols, caps etc. will help in avoiding hacking of accounts, avoid also clicking suspicious links.

Since this thread has already been answered and is handled via PM, this thread will be locked now.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum