The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If I remove my forum's domain name, will it still be owned by ForuMotion?

4 posters

Go down

Solved Re: If I remove my forum's domain name, will it still be owned by ForuMotion?

Post by Guest May 2nd 2012, 2:20 pm

Hi!

The thing I know is, if your domain name expires it will not be avaible because, the domain is owned by GoDaddy. GoDaddy is like a 'domain hosting'. Forumotion concluded a contract with GoDaddy, so those who buy domain from forumotion, domanin will be owned by this.

I'm thinking the same, if the domain name got removed, but not really sure. Wink

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: If I remove my forum's domain name, will it still be owned by ForuMotion?

Post by Darren1 May 2nd 2012, 2:31 pm

Hi mate,

To give you a more defined answer:
If you allow your domain to expire after the 1 year, and the 1 month renewal time after it expires, it will not be purchase-able for, I think, 12-14 months, in which time it goes through an administration process, after which it is re-purchaseable, for anyone, anywhere in the world.

If you ask Leeloo to remove it, or disassociate it with your forum, it's the same process, but it waits out the remainder of the purchased period before it starts the administration process, and I don't think it is able to be re-purchased, or re-associated with your forum.

The domain name will remain owned by ForuMotion, even though it is hosted on GoDaddy, our registrar for domains - it is hosted through a special forumotion.com account.Wink

Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g May 4th 2012, 11:33 pm

Wait I thought that once you buy a domain name you own it forever... I thought it was the hosting that expires and needs renewal!

If I remove my forum's domain name, will it still be owned by ForuMotion? Brando10
Remember to mark your topic If I remove my forum's domain name, will it still be owned by ForuMotion? Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

If I remove my forum's domain name, will it still be owned by ForuMotion? Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri May 6th 2012, 3:51 pm

So let me get this straight.

If I buy a domain name from here, Then when it hits it's expired date, I have one month to repurchase it before it goes into administration for a year?
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 6th 2012, 8:12 pm

Programming and Deri, correct Smile

The administration period is not on ForuMotion's side, it's on the ICC- The controllers of domains and internet related stuff.

Brandon, no, the domain it's self expires - The host can only expire if it goes into administration, or foreclosure (stages of bankruptcy, and closing their doors)
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 9th 2012, 4:37 am

Topic Solved & Locked
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down