The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Forumotion safe to use?

4 posters

Go down

In progress Is Forumotion safe to use?

Post by helyeisasuc May 8th 2012, 14:43

Just wondering
i read allot of forums got hacked in the past, i'm scared it might be my forum next
helyeisasuc
helyeisasuc

Male Posts : 17
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Is Forumotion safe to use?

Post by NikkoBryan14 May 8th 2012, 15:07

It's because of the arguments between China & Philippines because of Scharbourough Shaol's Territory.... ..maybe
NikkoBryan14
NikkoBryan14
Forumember

Male Posts : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 8th 2012, 15:30

NikkoBryan14 wrote:It's because of the arguments between China & Philippines because of Scharbourough Shaol's Territory.... ..maybe
This issue has nothing to do with Forumotion Shocked

Hello,

As long as you read & follow this:
https://help.forumotion.com/t51-internet-security-on-your-forum-habits-to-be-avoided

Your forum won't be in trouble

Also, read this for the security info:
https://help.forumotion.com/t11386-forumotion-maximum-security-for-your-forums
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkoBryan14 May 8th 2012, 15:32

Jophy wrote:
NikkoBryan14 wrote:It's because of the arguments between China & Philippines because of Scharbourough Shaol's Territory.... ..maybe
This issue has nothing to do with Forumotion Shocked

Hello,

As long as you read & follow this:
https://help.forumotion.com/t51-internet-security-on-your-forum-habits-to-be-avoided

Your forum won't be in trouble

Also, read this for the security info:
https://help.forumotion.com/t11386-forumotion-maximum-security-for-your-forums

I only think of it , because there are some Chinese Site using Forums like this , Sorry for it. ^^
NikkoBryan14
NikkoBryan14
Forumember

Male Posts : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 8th 2012, 15:34

Hi,

I would like to personally reassure you, ForuMotion is safe, the only reason people have been "hacked" on our service, is because they used simple, unsafe passwords and someone guessed them.
Our service is backed up every night, and uses Raid 50 Technology, we have a team of internal Developers, or Technician's who work and monitor the servers, and our service. We also have a team of 'Pro Admins' who talk directly with the Technician's to get feedback to the technician's, and they fix problems quite quickly.
Any security holes are quickly patched, generally within 5 days.
On top of that, we use Softlayer Servers, so not just do we have a team on in-house devs, there is a legion on external experts available 24/7 to assist with any issues.

Your forum is as secure as possible, you just have to look after your own security, for example, using secure/store password, for example "MyhG85P@" as opposed to bad/weak passwords "dOgiEs3"

We also have a team of moderator's available at regular hours, if you ever need your password reset.

You also have a tool for external connection to your admin panel, password changing, and applying backups.

Our security has never been stronger!

P.S. Ive been here since 2007, Ive never once been hacked, but threatened many times; I'm still here Wink

EDIT: Nikko, We also have a Chinese counterpart, who is doing just fine - There's no real issue there Smile
Censorship sucks, but we can't control a government.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 8th 2012, 15:37

@NikkoBryan14:
Yes, I know that Razz Forumotion company has also a service on the Chinese language but it has nothing to do with the hacking issue.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down