The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

everything is fine except this one color

3 posters

Go down

Solved everything is fine except this one color

Post by levinitized May 11th 2012, 3:43 am

You can't read the dark blue on black background at all. I've been through the css and the colors both and can't find it.
the username for admin does not show up in last column.Then i changed the color in the last column in the forums and it's grey but i need to change it back to black and make sure the text color shows up.Again it's that dark blue. Can't find either of these in the css sheet.Am worried about goofing it up more than i already have all over this dark blue color.
Here's the url http://getlevinitized.forumotion.com/
Once that one color is fixed it's ready to go!
levinitized

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: everything is fine except this one color

Post by nutsonlizards May 11th 2012, 5:59 am

here a tip which will help when looking for a id to do with css is to right click expect element

i think this is what your looking for

Code:

td.row3Right, td.spaceRow {
background-color: #B5AAAA;
border: #444;
border-style: solid;
}

just change the color code to #000
nutsonlizards
nutsonlizards
Forumember

Language : London

http://www.redneckherpsforum.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by levinitized May 11th 2012, 6:41 am

now it is REALLY screwed up.the top is white when it should be black. i have a bigger mess now than when i started. HELP!!!!!1
levinitized

Back to top Go down

Post by nutsonlizards May 11th 2012, 7:59 am

dam how did you end up doing that tbh the white looks better its easier for members to read posts we used to have our forum black with green and the amount of complaints we got i just ended sticking with light colors Smile
nutsonlizards
nutsonlizards
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Solved Changed Theme. Got fed up

Post by levinitized May 11th 2012, 8:51 am

at this point believe it was some piddling with Css Sheet. However, things got so messed up i almost deleted the forum. Instead i tried a different theme and customized it. Now though i've got this border line that is driving me crazy and the posts are too large for the width of forum. i want to leave it at the same size but have to figure out how to make the post area smaller-not quite so wide. THEN figure out how to get that daft white (blue?)border line out of there. Frustrated!
levinitized

Back to top Go down

Post by nutsonlizards May 11th 2012, 10:07 am

i think the blue border line your looking for is

Code:

.forabg {

what i normal do is just take my time and only change one thing at a time make copy's of the css so if you mess up you only got to copy and paste also you can leave notes in the css so you no where your at in the css

Code:

/*use this */

nutsonlizards
nutsonlizards
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Solved SOLVED

Post by levinitized May 11th 2012, 9:18 pm

thank you so much!! solved whole problem by changing theme.like it. Part of the problem seemed to be the theme. Am happy w/ the new one.customized a tad and we're ready to go. I really appreciate the words of encouragement. We'll be around for awhile. Love to see your forum. have url? Stop in mine anytime. Smile you're always welcome!
PS i do know if you want the reply to be white ya gotta go into the CSS and change the reply text area to white and then the font color has to be dark.. Figured that much out.Think it's under input or something. If i saw it would know it. If you still want to change that let me know and i can look it up.Yeah. Love to get the hang of CSS. Never took the time. Sad
Again thank you. see ur from UK. kewl. Have pen pal over there from W Yorkshire. He sends me a calender of Hebden Bridge every year for Christmas. Lovely country.
levinitized

Back to top Go down

Post by nutsonlizards May 11th 2012, 10:29 pm

Well i glad you Sorted thing's out Very Happy
nutsonlizards
nutsonlizards
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 12th 2012, 5:03 am

levinitized wrote:thank you so much!! solved whole problem by changing theme.like it. Part of the problem seemed to be the theme. Am happy w/ the new one.customized a tad and we're ready to go. I really appreciate the words of encouragement. We'll be around for awhile. Love to see your forum. have url? Stop in mine anytime. Smile you're always welcome!
PS i do know if you want the reply to be white ya gotta go into the CSS and change the reply text area to white and then the font color has to be dark.. Figured that much out.Think it's under input or something. If i saw it would know it. If you still want to change that let me know and i can look it up.Yeah. Love to get the hang of CSS. Never took the time. Sad
Again thank you. see ur from UK. kewl. Have pen pal over there from W Yorkshire. He sends me a calender of Hebden Bridge every year for Christmas. Lovely country.
Topic Solved & Locked
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down