The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Icon Problem/Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Icon Problem/Issue

Post by Opal on May 13th 2012, 3:47 pm

Hello there. I've recently created a forum on forumotion phpbb2 and a few members have joined up. One of my forum member particularly can't view any icons or any buttons on the skin that I've added to the forum due to an anti virus software firewall called vipre anti-virus. Vipre anti virus software keeps asking for a plugin to be downloaded. They can post but no icons are showing up on the forum site or skin. They're on a windows vista operating system but the anti virus vipre doesn't appreciate the plugin hence no icons. Is there anyone who could help me with this issue? Many thanks in advance if so.

Opal

Opal

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Icon Problem/Issue

Post by Jophy on May 14th 2012, 5:56 am

Hello,

Sometimes, plug ins needs to be downloaded for better site viewing, try to advice them to download the plug in and see if it sorts the problem.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal on May 14th 2012, 9:46 am

Ok! Thank you!

Opal

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal on May 14th 2012, 1:02 pm

Hello again. The member doesn't know which plugin it is to download. Already tried to advise her to download the plugin but she's not very computer savvy (nor am I in this case regarding the post/topic icons not showing up) I've asked her if it comes up with a message when it shows up but got no response yet..

Sorry. Thank you for the reminder. I will remember to edit it next time. OK. Thanks for letting me know. Yes, I am aware that vista is a difficult operating browser too, I have no knowledge whatsoever about vista as I am only on a mac. Thank you for your help. Smile

Last edited by Opal on May 14th 2012, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : replying and not double posting)

Opal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on May 14th 2012, 2:47 pm

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

I'm not really expert with browser plug ins blackeye Try to advice him/her to download adobe plug in. Not sure if this is gonna solve the problem.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahkrir on May 14th 2012, 4:39 pm

Oh [Language] Windows Vista >.>
Not sure if this can be fixed easaly (since it is Vista), and I don't think a couple add-ons will fix it.

Ahkrir
Forumember

Male Posts : 288

http://smarterweb.go-board.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on May 15th 2012, 4:49 pm

it sounds to me like they have to allow forumotion in there protection settings somewhere?, or cookies..
I have never heard of the virus protection your talking about but is most likely a setting you have to allow the site in.

Other then that you will have to ask him to get a screen shot of what the message is telling him, what happens when he tries to find the plugin?

Or tell him to contact http://www.vipreantivirus.com/ and ask them what to do to get on the site?

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahkrir on May 15th 2012, 7:22 pm

Hmm yes, try deleting cookies? In most browsers it works.
If not, try going into the settings and look for:
Protocols:
SSL numbershere
TLS numbershere

If they are disabled, they should enable them.

Ahkrir
Forumember

Male Posts : 288

http://smarterweb.go-board.com/forum

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum