The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

backing up database for tranfserring forum content to another host? + more questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

backing up database for tranfserring forum content to another host? + more questions

Post by koljach on May 14th 2012, 4:48 pm

Hey there good people of forumotion.

For years i have had my WoW guild's forums hosted on forumotion, but now i want to move to other host where i would have both main page and forums on same site. So i wonder is it possible to, what is the word, export forum database for that purpose? If yes, do i have to pay for it? I know it is possible on phpbbserver

And if it not possible, does forumotion by any chance offer hosting of websites?

P.S. i am not sure if my terminology is correct because i do this in free time, not professionally

Last edited by koljach on May 14th 2012, 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

koljach

Language : Croatian

Back to top Go down

Re: backing up database for tranfserring forum content to another host? + more questions

Post by Ahkrir on May 14th 2012, 4:50 pm

You can host your forum (of forumotion) here also, yes.
If you want to, go to:
CP -> Misc -> Credits Management -> Spend Credits -> Domain

Hope this helped you a bit.

Ahkrir
Forumember

Male Posts : 288
Language : English

http://smarterweb.go-board.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: backing up database for tranfserring forum content to another host? + more questions

Post by Sanket on May 14th 2012, 4:52 pm

Akhrir, if you are not sure of the solution please don't give incorrect information. It is confusing other members.

koljach, its not possible to transfer databases to another host from forumotion.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahkrir on May 14th 2012, 5:23 pm

@koljach wrote:
And if it not possible, does forumotion by any chance offer hosting of websites?

I saw that as a question if forumotion is able to host. (damn I do read now sorry :c) but anyways, now he know where he can get forumotion domain Smile

Ahkrir
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by koljach on May 14th 2012, 5:26 pm

@Sanket wrote:koljach, its not possible to transfer databases to another host from forumotion.
You didnt answer on second part of the question, but Ahkrir did, so thanks both of you guys, for so fast answers!

koljach

Back to top Go down

Post by koljach on May 14th 2012, 5:32 pm

Also, now i checked Credits management but while i am admin there, i am not founder, so i cant see "Spend credits" information, so can anyone tell me, how much it costs to host a domain?

koljach

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahkrir on May 14th 2012, 5:41 pm

@koljach wrote:Also, now i checked Credits management but while i am admin there, i am not founder, so i cant see "Spend credits" information, so can anyone tell me, how much it costs to host a domain?

It takes you 1600 credits to get a domain, and you can buy 500 credits via paypall for eur. 4,95. or alopass eur. 2,00 is 100 credits.
So in total it could take you eur. 17,00 to get a domain.

Ahkrir
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by koljach on May 14th 2012, 5:49 pm

Yes that is what i wanted to know, thanks a lot.
But after some searching i found that under modules in ACP there is option to create HTML page and use it as main page.

So what is the difference between that page, and page that would be on paid domain?

koljach

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahkrir on May 14th 2012, 5:52 pm

Nothing, but if you create a HTML page you can choose to either use the template of the forum or a complete empty one.

Most of the time people choose for a complete empty one, so they can use that html for full use without the template of the forum.
Yes, you could use this as a homepage. As long as it is HTML.

Ahkrir
Forumember

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum