The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Bring back Navigation bar creations requests.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you think navigation bar request creations should come back?

90% 90% 
[ 18 ]
10% 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 20

Bring back Navigation bar creations requests.

Post by Derri on May 25th 2012, 4:11 am

Well you seem to have stopped this excellent service. Why do you consider these to be not a part of the forum? as this is critical for the forum appearance to look nice.

I mean if you have request for banners why can we not have requests for the navigation bar. I mean if you allow banners you should really allow navigation bars.

So I am going to put a poll up to get the communities gauge and I would also like to here from staff.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Re: Bring back Navigation bar creations requests.

Post by Derri on May 25th 2012, 4:30 pm

Come on guys get voting.

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on May 26th 2012, 2:26 pm

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Language : English

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on May 26th 2012, 2:33 pm

Yes a section is devoted to it but if you read those rules you would see here what is said

Navigation Bar requests are no longer accepted. We believe navbar images aren't forum specific. If you are looking for a Navigation Bar please look here.

And my request clearly said bring back the option to request navigation bars.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on May 26th 2012, 2:42 pm

Ok you're right I never noticed that before. They already said "We believe navbar images aren't forum specific".

If they went out of there way to remove it and then posted there reasoning its highly unlikely they will reverse this decision. Good luck with your poll.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 9th 2012, 5:02 am

bump

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LostLegend on June 9th 2012, 4:22 pm

IMO, navbar images actually ARE forum specific, unless you're using a very generic theme. Voted yes.

LostLegend
Forumember

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 6title78 on June 9th 2012, 5:02 pm

I think they should come back. I voted yes. Smile

6title78

http://amazingandepicreview.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 9th 2012, 5:08 pm

@LostLegend wrote:IMO, navbar images actually ARE forum specific, unless you're using a very generic theme. Voted yes.

Exactly.

I look at it this way.

Without a good looking navigation bar. It impacts on the forums looks. If they say navigation bars are not forum specific then clearly Banners must not be as well.

Overall they should come back. I would like a staff member to comment saying why they are not forum specific.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion on June 13th 2012, 9:37 pm

The problem is FM does not have enough graphic designers on board to dedicate to banners, avatars, buttons and complete Navigation Bars. This is one reason why i help out when i can along with other members in the graphic section. I agreed that Navigation bars are actually forum specific. So if they get more designers on board, then i would vote Yes.

BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 4455

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on June 13th 2012, 9:52 pm

blkscorpion2 wrote:The problem is FM does not have enough graphic designers on board to dedicate to banners, avatars, buttons and complete Navigation Bars.
That is not the explanation they gave. They specifically said and I quote "We believe navbar images aren't forum specific."

That explanation makes no mention of anything you are referring to as the reason Navigation Bars are no longer a part of the request options.

I vote yes I think it is very much a part of the forum as much as any banner, button or avatar.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion on June 13th 2012, 9:58 pm

Let me clarify that statement.. This is only my opinion...

BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezer on June 14th 2012, 7:56 pm

Yes , why not Very Happy

Geezer
Forumember

http://cockneyboys.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 18th 2012, 8:36 pm

Okay, what I presume from navigation bars are not forum specific. Ofcourse they are forum specific, but they are rather multi forum specific.
For example.
http://help.forumotion.com/t105551-glossy-navbar
I can use that navbar on a blue themed forum, a white themed forum etc. So that navbar can be used on multiple forums.

Now we already have atleast 125+ navbar sets on the gallery. Don't you think they cover most of the colors which would match your forum?? Definitely they would. Also, over a period of time that number will go up.

Also, take a look at this request for example.
http://help.forumotion.com/t110403-navigation-bar#723470 Does it give any specifics, its just a general request. The only specific that could ever be added is the font & the image size. The psd for the image is already provided for most of the images in the gallery & hence it could be edited by anyone easily.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 20th 2012, 10:10 pm

@Sanket wrote:Okay, what I presume from navigation bars are not forum specific. Ofcourse they are forum specific, but they are rather multi forum specific.
For example.
I can use that navbar on a blue themed forum, a white themed forum etc. So that navbar can be used on multiple forums.

Now we already have atleast 125+ navbar sets on the gallery. Don't you think they cover most of the colors which would match your forum?? Definitely they would. Also, over a period of time that number will go up.

http://help.forumotion.com/t110403-navigation-bar#723470 Does it give any specifics, its just a general request. The only specific that could ever be added is the font & the image size. The psd for the image is already provided for most of the images in the gallery & hence it could be edited by anyone easily.

The thing is Sanket a nav bar can completely bring together ones forum. For example I found the perfect nav bar but just in the wrong color, luckily I had a friend who is good with graphics and he changed it for me. However if I did not I would have had to try and find another one. To me not many people request navigation bars but it would be really nice if you allowed us to have the requests back. As I think a navigation bars are a major aspect of the forum. While I do see many nav bars being able to be used on with multiple forums styles sometimes you want something really specific and as you offer specific banners, topic icons, buttons and other stuff then why won't you allow this one item.

As 11 people have voted for yes, and 1 for no surely this means people want them back. I know thousands have not voted but this section does not get many look ins as most people get distracted by the "suggestions for your forums"

I personally don't see the harm in bring them back.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ on June 20th 2012, 10:25 pm

@Derri wrote:
@Sanket wrote:Okay, what I presume from navigation bars are not forum specific. Ofcourse they are forum specific, but they are rather multi forum specific.
For example.

The thing is Sanket a nav bar can completely bring together ones forum. For example I found the perfect nav bar but just in the wrong color, luckily I had a friend who is good with graphics and he changed it for me. However if I did not I would have had to try and find another one. To me not many people request navigation bars but it would be really nice if you allowed us to have the requests back. As I think a navigation bars are a major aspect of the forum. While I do see many nav bars being able to be used on with multiple forums styles sometimes you want something really specific and as you offer specific banners, topic icons, buttons and other stuff then why won't you allow this one item.

As 11 people have voted for yes, and 1 for no surely this means people want them back. I know thousands have not voted but this section does not get many look ins as most people get distracted by the "suggestions for your forums"

I personally don't see the harm in bring them back.

Wow, inspired me. But you do have a point.

Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6756
Language : English, Spanish, and French

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 22nd 2012, 8:41 am

Come on let's here more views!

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 22nd 2012, 5:53 pm

Are Navbars forum specific? Who cares? I don't. That's just my opinion. If we allowed it, I'd DO it. I know enough graphics to give out some decent navbars--and I believe blkscorpion, does too. We'd be a team of our own, whether or not the board has the designers or not.

If people want it, why not? No one is going to kill over if we all have a little more work to do. Yes, Sanket is right in that we have plenty of gallery navbars to do the work for us.

However, when looking through the navbar section for my navbar, I didn't find a single one that made me happy. Either I didn't like the font, or I didn't like the color saturation...or something.

SO, I ended up buying Photoshop and learning it to do it on my own, because unlike some lucky people, I don't have graphics friends that aren't too busy to help me out.

If there are others who had my position, but can't afford to by Photoshop, why not open this up for them? After all, we join this forum to help others, do we not? That is my goal.

Just a light opinion, though. It really wouldn't hurt too much to add them, but if the staff were to decide not to have them, I would also understand why. I truly do see Sanket's point of view. He makes a very valid point.

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on June 22nd 2012, 7:37 pm

I agree with you Leah7, you make a very good point.

The bottom line is really, that it's no pain off anyone's nose if people request a navigation bar. We all know everyone has there own opinion on style. A friendly free community service such as this is just as important as any other image that requests are made for. The navigation bar deserves no less attention, because people have an equal amount of enthusiasm and ideas for there navbars. Do people have a wider preferences range with buttons or banners than they do navigation bars? Of course not because its an image like any other image, and people have there own ideas of what they want the navbar to look like just as equal to the buttons and banners.

Also, considering it's a volunteer situation on who fulfills the request and there is no harm if the request takes longer than expected, or even if it never gets made at all, it really is harmless and has the potential to do way more good than harm. In fact, it can't do any harm. If uncompleted requests is whats troubling you the positive outweighs the negative by a mile.

Its also interesting to note that many members here seem eager to start lending there services. Its a win-win situation as I see it.

Its simple, people want the service and there are people willing to provide this community with there creations, and no one gets hurt, only the support forum gains its usefulness and extends another helping to hand to its community.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 25th 2012, 1:28 am

I agree with both what Runawayhorses says and what Leah7.

Come on lets here more opinions. Again I would like to here from more staff on this matter as well.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 27th 2012, 7:43 pm

Bump: Come one people lets keep those votes and opinions coming.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 28th 2012, 7:13 am

No one has yet me convinced me exactly on how bringing the navigation bar requests helps us. Definitely there is no harm in adding a forum, but the use of adding it should be there.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on June 28th 2012, 8:48 am

Then perhaps you should ask yourself how having a buttons section helps people, or a banners and logos or avatar section helps people. The answer is the same exact thing for navigation bars, no difference whatsoever. They are all images with no priorities over another. They all equally require custom designs. I seriously think it's ridiculous to claim you do not to see the comparison.

This poll should not even be here because a mistake was made in removing the navbars in the first place, anyone can clearly see that. Just admit it and put the navbar requests back, and move on.

For the record I am not interested in a Navbar for myself because I already have one.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 28th 2012, 6:12 pm

Well to be honest. Like you said their is no harm in having it.

I mean we have banners, buttons, icons and other stuff like that. How can you yourself say these are any more important than having NavBars. Are Navigation Bars compatible? YES then why having a buttons/icons section and allow topic icons to be created? Technically we have loads of these requests why do we need anymore? As these can be argued as compatible.

The only thing that can really not be re-used a lot of the time is a banner.

You said their is no harm in it. People are voting for it. People are offering to extend their skills to help you guys and your design team. What is the problem in having them?

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 28th 2012, 6:50 pm

@Sanket wrote:No one has yet me convinced me exactly on how bringing the navigation bar requests helps us. Definitely there is no harm in adding a forum, but the use of adding it should be there.

You say you don't see how it helps us, but is that not just our purpose? To help forumotion users? Yet, you don't see how adding another helping feature would help us? That confuses me, slightly, but I sort of see where you're coming from....I think.

Bringing back the navigation bar requests helps us by assisting even further with personalization and customization of the boards of your forumotion users. If not opening request for them, opening EDIT requests for them should be more than acceptable--as my own navbar is an edited version of one from the gallery and most of the navbars in the gallery were close to what I wanted, but needed a slight change to make me happy. A different font here or a small size there....etc. This way, we are offering more customization services to those who need them, which helps us server our purpose further--to help.

That's really all I can say about it. If we get it, we do, and if we don't, we don't. Whether or not we get this service, forumotion rocks for all of the services it does offer.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion on June 28th 2012, 7:01 pm

Sanket, although there is a great gallery with Nav bars a lot of times the buttons just don't fit the forum, maybe the color is off or the icons don't fit, they need to be edited. just like the avatars and topic icons. I don't see what the harm is in bringing back the nav bars. I have been helping out in the Graphic Section a lot lately and editing nav bars and such is really no big deal. However i would like to hear from the Forumotion Graphic Designers Team on this and hear their opinion.

BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on June 28th 2012, 7:21 pm

I really do not see a reason for creating a section just for navbar requests. There are many threads in the gallery where members who have posted navbars say they are willing to change them for anyone who ask.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35659

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 28th 2012, 7:25 pm

slg wrote:I really do not see a reason for creating a section just for navbar requests. There are many threads in the gallery where members who have posted navbars say they are willing to change them for anyone who ask.

Derri is not asking for a section for navbar requets. She is asking for navbar requests to be allowed and offered again, whether or not they have their own section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 28th 2012, 7:37 pm

@Leah7 wrote:
slg wrote:I really do not see a reason for creating a section just for navbar requests. There are many threads in the gallery where members who have posted navbars say they are willing to change them for anyone who ask.

Derri is not asking for a section for navbar requets. She is asking for navbar requests to be allowed and offered again, whether or not they have their own section.

I don't get it. Confused

http://help.forumotion.com/t110403-navigation-bar#723470 You can post navigation bar requests in the Other Forum.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 28th 2012, 7:38 pm

That is just what I'm saying. It can be in "Other." No need for a section of its own. They are asking for it to be allowed to request Navbars again, not for a section FOR navbar requests.

At least, that's how I understood it.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum