The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Signatures for all members

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you agree or disagree

25% 25% 
[ 1 ]
75% 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

Signatures for all members

Post by Derri on May 28th 2012, 12:10 am

I think this would be a good idea.

The reason why I think this would be a good idea is that while we have a promotion section, it's not great. We could advertise our forums in our signatures as well as tell a bit about ourselves.

While I do see that there is the possibility of problems, why let a few bad eggs spoil it for everyone else.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Re: Signatures for all members

Post by MrMario on May 28th 2012, 7:10 am

Hi,

This isn't going to be accepted. Done many times, refused many times.

You might want to take a look at this and see why it won't. http://help.forumotion.com/t28629-signatures-now-availiable-for-staff-members

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on May 28th 2012, 7:11 am

I see big-time major problems with this. First of all it would look unprofessional if members had signatures promoting there forums throughout this forums support sections. Can you imagine having to sift through tons of signatures just to find an answer to a question? Unthinkable.

It would also slow down the page loading time for members, and the problem would be compounded by those members that deleted there signature images from there respective hosts but forgot to remove them from there signature here at the forum, it would be a horrible disaster. Not only would that make loading time matters worst, but it would look trashy as well.

Some members would post questions for the sole purpose of promoting there site with there signatures that really had no question at all.

I could go on and on with all the negative results from allowing members to have signatures on this support forum, but I think you get the general idea.

I vote no.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Language : English

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on May 28th 2012, 8:18 am

Sorry but this has been refused so many times now and please read on the link provided by MrMario above on why we don't allow signatures. Wink

Suggestion Refused => Topic Locked

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum