The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

phpBB3 JavaScript help

3 posters

Go down

phpBB3 JavaScript help Empty phpBB3 JavaScript help

Post by Demonic1080 Thu 31 May 2012, 00:26

I've recently moved over to the phpBB3 version and I've encountered a few problems, mainly the JavaScript not working at all. I had it working before but then everything went haywire and the forum entirely stopped working at which point I had to resort to deleting it all and rebuild the forum.

I've put the JavaScript pages back in but none of it is working now even though it worked fine previously before the problems occured. I know there's nothing wrong with the code since it worked fine on another board.

Is there anything you can do to help? I'd really appreciate it!

EDIT: And if you're wondering, JavaScript is turned on.

Last edited by Demonic1080 on Thu 31 May 2012, 00:38; edited 1 time in total
Demonic1080
Demonic1080

Male Posts : 13
Language : English

Back to top Go down

phpBB3 JavaScript help Empty Re: phpBB3 JavaScript help

Post by Demonic1080 Thu 31 May 2012, 00:39

I know that and all of this JavaScript was written exactly for phpBB3. The problem I'm finding frustrating is the exact same codes worked fine before but now they don't work at all.

I'm not quite sure how to explain it really... I've entered the codes correctly without any errors and some I've got from other websites, Avac etc. that were built for the phpBB3 version. Once I've saved it, it's as if it was never there to begin with.
Demonic1080
Demonic1080

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ Thu 31 May 2012, 00:52

Hi, Hello

I believe it's a bug or something. The samething was happening to some of my Js. I did the same, deleted it, placed it again and nothing. Yesterday, they seemed to started working by themselves.
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6983
Language : EN, FR, ES

https://aforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonic1080 Thu 31 May 2012, 00:56

I'm not entirely sure what it is but it's annoying. But it looks like I'll just have to wait for it to work then?

I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully it'll work by tomorrow. If not then I'll try to get some more help from here, thanks Chivas.
Demonic1080
Demonic1080

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum Thu 31 May 2012, 01:28

The thing is, with the auto compressing and compiling of the javascripts, if there is just one bug, the whole thing will crash, and none of them will run.

Your moving or changing, may have just caused the slightest smallest issue, causing none of the javascripts to run and appear to be not working. If this is the case there should be a lovely message waiting on your browsers error console. Smile
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonic1080 Thu 31 May 2012, 10:57

The CSS for my forum is pretty much filled with stuff, could this be contributing to the JavaScript not working? Could there also be something in all that CSS that's causing the issue?

Interesting... deactivating the scrolling for Announcements allows the JavaScript to work. Does anyone know why this could have happened?
Demonic1080
Demonic1080

Back to top Go down