The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Special Themes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Special Themes?

Post by JazeonX on June 1st 2012, 4:46 pm

Q: What is the purpose of this new section?

A: The purpose of the Special Themes section is to have a place where members can download themes that go the extra mile. Typically Themers are only able to edit the CSS of a forum to change it's appearance and look. The Forumotion Themers take this, and go further by editing the page Javascripts and Code using the page templates, making themes look even more attractive and more advanced.

Q: Why does this get it's own section in the forum?

A: Instead of just being able to upload these themes to Hitskin.com, we also need to be able to give members the scripts for the templates that they need to be able to access all the advantages of the custom theme. Being able to post these scripts on the forum gets the themes both more attention, and gives us the opportunity to add some extra things that we couldn't usually do with Hitskin.com.

As being mentioned on this quote.

Supposedly skins that are being stored into that section shouldn't be in Hitskin and should be under development or its status is raw.

Honestly I've always looked forward for that section to store some nice themes but it seems to me its a hitskin section number 2.

JazeonX
Forumember

Male Posts : 212
Language :

Back to top Go down

Re: Special Themes?

Post by Syabria on June 1st 2012, 8:39 pm

I completely agree. None of those themes scream 'Special' to me. They scream 'Normal' and 'Plain'!

Syabria
Forumember

Female Posts : 165
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on June 2nd 2012, 3:00 pm

The use of the special themes section is down to being able to use templates to create the forum themes. They are more elaborate than the themes you can find on Hitskin and take hours longer to create. When uploading to hitskin, it isn't possible to upload the templates of a forum as well. The Special themes section for this reason is mainly just for PHPBB2 and PunBB which are the only two versions that support the use of templates.

Syabria, Let's see what you can create then. Wink

Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4242
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Syabria on June 2nd 2012, 5:00 pm

Drogba921, I agree with you that these templates are definitely more elaborate and better designed then normal Hitskin themes. I'm not trying to beat down their work- I admire their effort and patience to create such a theme. I myself couldn't do that due to my severe lack of HTML, CSS, Javascript skills and that. However when you call them special themes I imagine very elegant, sleek themes and themes that would astonish people. Unfortunately some of those themes in that section don't do that for me. Some of them ARE amazing and wonderful but some of them don't look so good.

I expect that you understand it's just an opinion and I don't feel that way about all the themes, just some of them.

Syabria
Forumember

Female Posts : 165
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by JazeonX on June 5th 2012, 10:29 am

Drogba921 wrote:The use of the special themes section is down to being able to use templates to create the forum themes. They are more elaborate than the themes you can find on Hitskin and take hours longer to create. When uploading to hitskin, it isn't possible to upload the templates of a forum as well. The Special themes section for this reason is mainly just for PHPBB2 and PunBB which are the only two versions that support the use of templates.

Syabria, Let's see what you can create then. Wink

Actually Drogba921 if you think most of the themes being created at that section took a lot of time to be made then your basically telling us that the themes being created at the hitskin sections were easy and unspecial compared to what you've done with the themes you created.

Though you invested a lot of hours to create those themes but you should also ask yourself if really appeals and convince members if those themes fits at the special section.

And its funny how you ask somebody who just shared an opinion to do create a better theme. Dawa

You seemed butthurt.

JazeonX
Forumember

Male Posts : 212
Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by Arif42 on June 20th 2012, 9:55 am

wow

Arif42

Male Posts : 3
Language : Indonesia

http://skypia.quickbb.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on June 20th 2012, 3:01 pm

I was butthurt.

You know why?

Because we spend hours creating those themes to have people shut them down saying that they're no different from other themes. As ive already said these are themes that we personally upload to hitskin, but also need further modifications... So they are special themes. Wink

Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4242
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum