The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

'No Support via PM' Edit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you agree- should we edit this value?

73% 73% 
[ 8 ]
27% 27% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 11

'No Support via PM' Edit

Post by Syabria on June 2nd 2012, 9:00 pm

@Darren1 wrote:Hi,

It's unable to be changed and has only 1 value.

If you want to have it modified, why not suggest it in the suggestions for the support forum section?
Only admins can edit it, I believe.
Mods also have it because they don't do any support except for password related via PM.

I asked earlier if players could edit their 'No Support via PM' status so that they could say whether they wanted to offer Support or not. Thank you to Darren1 who told me editing it is not possible. I suggest that we should be able to edit this value. Afterall, there is no point in it being there if everyone is just going to have the same value!

Please consider this. Thanks

@Leah7 wrote:I can agree if this is used for graphics support and the like only. The entire purpose for disallowing support via PMing was to stop people from asking forum support questions via PM--which can't be used to help other people who have the same general questions if they can't see or search for it in the search engine.

It would be nice if we could have a profile value like "Graphics Support via PM" or something similar.

Voted yes.

Yes- I agree. perhaps it could be a drop down menu in which you can only choose things like 'Graphic Design support only' etc. Therefore there wouldn't be any way which will give people the impression they can ask for support which could be asked in the Help Forums. Razz

@APE wrote:It don't stop anyone asking in your pm i have the helper rank but some still pm me about things and i have the same as you.

The only real way to stop anyone is to turn your pm's off but then you can not talk to your friends or other staff

we should have the right to remove the text in it after all it's our profiles.

Ape
so yeah my vote os make it so we have the right to remove it

Agreed- we should be able to edit and/or remove that field. Therefore when people keep that value as current members may understand more then it really means NO Support via PM.

Last edited by Syabria on June 3rd 2012, 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Syabria
Forumember

Female Posts : 165
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: 'No Support via PM' Edit

Post by Guest on June 2nd 2012, 9:10 pm

I can agree if this is used for graphics support and the like only. The entire purpose for disallowing support via PMing was to stop people from asking forum support questions via PM--which can't be used to help other people who have the same general questions if they can't see or search for it in the search engine.

It would be nice if we could have a profile value like "Graphics Support via PM" or something similar.

Voted yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on June 2nd 2012, 10:53 pm

It don't stop anyone asking in your pm i have the helper rank but some still pm me about things and i have the same as you.

The only real way to stop anyone is to turn your pm's off but then you can not talk to your friends or other staff

Ape

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8319
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ on June 2nd 2012, 11:25 pm

@APE wrote:It don't stop anyone asking in your pm i have the helper rank but some still pm me about things and i have the same as you.

Ape

Voted yes.

Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6756
Language : English, Spanish, and French

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa on June 3rd 2012, 2:01 am

Some months ago I remember that I suggested to remove that profile field...

That field, in normal users (I mean, non-staff users) has no sense, from my point of view

Staffs can add that phrase to the signature, so users will know that they musnt contact Staff to get PM support...

But normal users doesnt receive questions in PM, so that field doesnt make sense in normal users.

When I suggested to remove it, I was said that this field was a remember for users, but I don´t see the point of the field...

So I voted yes, we could have the possibility of edit or even remove that text Wink

invisible_fa
Forumember

Male Posts : 884
Language : Klingon
Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezer on June 3rd 2012, 1:24 pm

I voted yep for all the above " Yep " reasons Smile

Geezer
Forumember

http://cockneyboys.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on June 3rd 2012, 7:11 pm

Its there as a reminder, not to be edited. People need to see it so that they can realize that nobody can support via pm. It's a rule of the forumotion support forum.

All questions should be posted in a thread for support or not at all. You can actually have your PM Box disabled for continued support requests in private message. Wink

Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4242
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Syabria on June 4th 2012, 12:47 pm

BUMP

Syabria
Forumember

Female Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellydonut on June 4th 2012, 4:05 pm

I agree, what if it's turning down people from asking for help? I honestly wouldn't care if people asked me for support, not that I'm much help on here xD

Drogba921 wrote:Its there as a reminder, not to be edited. People need to see it so that they can realize that nobody can support via pm. It's a rule of the forumotion support forum.

All questions should be posted in a thread for support or not at all. You can actually have your PM Box disabled for continued support requests in private message. Wink
Oh, I didn't know that.

Jellydonut
Forumember

Female Posts : 572

http://www.googlesclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on June 5th 2012, 7:24 am

No need to edit the first post and add other users comments to it. Its pointless, just will make the first post longer and state the same thing over again.

This has been refused already. If you want support via PM be my guess, but don't be crying to the staff you are getting support PM's. I'm voting no, as we all know support via PM is not allowed unless its password reset, founder changes, and personal questions.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 18th 2012, 6:49 am

Thank you for the feedback everyone.

We do not support requests via PM. We also encourage users to solve their problems on the support forum rather than via PM's. So we don't want to allow this field to be editable by members.
However, we do believe that this profile field does not add any value. If any staff member receives a PM about a problem other than founder's password or any personal details, staff members will reply back with No Support via PM, please make a thread on the support forum. So we have decided on removing this profile field for everyone.

Also about the Graphics request Profile field, you can always go into the graphics request forum & complete requests whenever you want. There is no need for users to PM you about it Wink

Suggestion partly accepted & Archived.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum